Asian Beauty/Skincare

129 posts in this topic

Posted

for toner I go Wonder Pore by Etude House. You can't even find a negative review on it, everybody loves it! 

Oh I forgot to mention though that I want something that doesn't have alcohol (excluding fatty acids of course) or fragrance in it.

Posted

The the wonder pore toner is drying out my skin... Don't know why but it does and I had a lot of hope in it because every speaks so good about it. Oh well...

For toner is started to use simple cider vinegar. (Not an Asian skincare but works a lot better and is not drying out my skin)

Posted

It's drying because largely made out of alcohol.

I used to use apple cider vinegar (diluted of course) as a toner, maybe I should try that again! thanks.

Posted

The the wonder pore toner is drying out my skin... Don't know why but it does and I had a lot of hope in it because every speaks so good about it. Oh well...

For toner is started to use simple cider vinegar. (Not an Asian skincare but works a lot better and is not drying out my skin)

it started off feeling dry on my skin but after a week started really working wonders!

Posted

it started off feeling dry on my skin but after a week started really working wonders!

I tried it for almost two weeks and it did not get better. Sadly :( 

Posted

It's drying because largely made out of alcohol.

I used to use apple cider vinegar (diluted of course) as a toner, maybe I should try that again! thanks.

I tried the holika holika aqua fantasy toner last year and it was amazing.. i usually get dry skin around winter time and it kept it fully moisturised through out the winter. I highly recommend it ^_^

Posted

Hey guys! Sorry if this has been discussed in this thread already but has anyone tried Pilaten Blackmask yet? 

I just put a lot of it all over my face and am letting it dry. Got a bit of it in the eyebrows, too, and now I'm scared to peel them off to! Haha 

either way, it hit me that, I don't know the main ingredient of the mask... Anyone have any information? I read the ingredients on an Amazon page but I'm not sure what each of those are for :P

thank you all in advance!

Posted

hello :lamaheadshake: (again lol) 
my skincare is usually just cleanse,tone,moisturize,eye cream and facemask/clay once a week  I really dont know if thats enough or what

tho im having trouble with my super oily skin ;________; im already using a cleanser for oily skin (khiel's) still after few hours my skin turns very oily 

any product suggestion for super oily skin/ for brightenin' your skin ? and also my skin is so dull my mom said maybe its because im putting alot of products to my face and im still young for those 

Posted

Oh god, this thread is awesome. I've washed my face only with water during the last years since I don't like the "oily" feeling of many day or night creams. I've tried the Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel (by Nature Republic) a few days ago and I've started to love it. Now I'm looking for a few simple routine to get used to it... I've planned to add products after a few weeks, but I'm still kinda shocked that a day/night routine contains over 5 different products. Does it really help this much? @[email protected]

By the way, does anyone has a recommendation to get rid of acne scars? My husband has a few of them (quite deep ones) and I was wondering if it would help to use some cremes. I've read that Collagen and Vitamin C would be helpful as well.

Posted

Hey guys! Sorry if this has been discussed in this thread already but has anyone tried Pilaten Blackmask yet? 

I just put a lot of it all over my face and am letting it dry. Got a bit of it in the eyebrows, too, and now I'm scared to peel them off to! Haha 

either way, it hit me that, I don't know the main ingredient of the mask... Anyone have any information? I read the ingredients on an Amazon page but I'm not sure what each of those are for :P

thank you all in advance!

I tried it 2 times! I bought one when I was in Japan and one that I bought on Aliexpress. I was desperate to try something that will help me to remove my blackheads, but it didn't work at all. I found a seller on Amazon that listed the ingredients: water, polyvinyl alcohol, glycerol, propylene glycol, the diazonium imidazolidinyl urea, iodopropynyl butyl carbamate, glycol.

He/she said that this product is charcoal based.

Posted

How are you liking the Shiseido cleansing oil? I'm super interested in getting some of it since their other products have been treating my skin so nicely. 

Okay, so I'm super late to finally respond but I'm back. The oil cleanser has been working just fine with me! Also, the Missha toner has been fine as well! I'd like to think these products helped out my skin heal from my initial purging the past few months.

I recently bought a new essence/serum called Mizon Mela Defense White Skin Care Capsule Essence (so long omg). I've read that it's good for oily and acne-prone skin. I ran out of my jojoba oil, so if I notice that it isn't keeping my face hydrated, I'm gonna have to go grab some more. I also bought Mizon Seaweed Jelly Scrub which is supposed to be great for acne-prone skin. I'm excited for it because I haven't exfoliated at all in the past few months and I wanna see how to progresses my skin. Last would be to get some sheet masks that I could use once or twice a week.

I might just switch to all Mizon.

Posted

I have a question for those who do the 10 step routine: do you do both ampoule and essence? These months I started doing the routine I never added in ampoule because I forgot to get it when I did my Kbeauty haul. I bought a snail extract ampoule and it seems to be messing up my routine? I feel like there's way too much on my face after adding it and my skin has been getting some acne even. Not sure if related but I don't like the way my face feels. Are both steps necessary? :S 

Posted

I received these products this morning! If anyone want a review, please tell me! :lamaheadshake:

image.jpeg

Posted

I have a question for those who do the 10 step routine: do you do both ampoule and essence? These months I started doing the routine I never added in ampoule because I forgot to get it when I did my Kbeauty haul. I bought a snail extract ampoule and it seems to be messing up my routine? I feel like there's way too much on my face after adding it and my skin has been getting some acne even. Not sure if related but I don't like the way my face feels. Are both steps necessary? :S 

I do both, but I go reaaallly light on the ampoule. The essence I use is really really light whereas my ampoule is thick. I typically just use it in specific areas of my face. Do what's best for your skin! We all have different skincare needs and reactions. :) 

Posted

I received these products this morning! If anyone want a review, please tell me! :lamaheadshake:

image.jpeg

Oooh I also have that BHA but have not opened it yet since I'm using the AHA. Do tell me how you like it! ^_^

I do both, but I go reaaallly light on the ampoule. The essence I use is really really light whereas my ampoule is thick. I typically just use it in specific areas of my face. Do what's best for your skin! We all have different skincare needs and reactions. :) 

That may be the reason! My essence is snail so it's very thick and sticky. So I think the snail ampoule was just making my face a slimy mess. For now I don't use it because tropical climates keep your face constantly sweating and detoxing, so it's probably not a step I need for now. :)