Asian Beauty/Skincare

128 posts in this topic

Posted

totemoyumii is correct. Ask any dermatologist/esthetician/any doctor really and they'll tell you the same thing.

Posted

@Ragga i have actually but what exactly are you referring to? 

Posted

Hi! It's been a long time since I updated my Asian skincare routine but I recently got some new products that I wanted to share~ And the routine that my skin seems to be loving for the past 2-3 weeks!

Morning Routine:

Naqua facial cleanser (gift from Chinese friend, but haven't been able to find it anywhere!!)

Narisup Vitamin C toner

Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate

Shiseido Ibuki Softening Concentrate

Mizon Water Volume Aqua Gel Cream

Mizon Collagen Power Firming Eye Cream

Pond's Luminous Moisture Day Lotion w/ SPF 15 (not Asian, but my fave suncreen right now)

Nighttime Routine:

Kose Softymo Deep Cleansing Oil (removes makeup)

Shiseido Ibuki Gentle Cleanser (used w/ foaming net to make extra foamy)

Narisup Vitamin C toner

Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate

Sheet mask (Pure Smile, Etude House, Daiso etc.)

Shiseido Ibuki Softening Concentrate

Shiseido Ibuki Refining Moisturizer

Shiseido Ultimune Eye Concentrate

Daiso Sleeping Pack Hyaluronic Acid

My skin is super bouncy and soft, and my blemishes are little to none. Acne scars are even fading. I really recommend the Mizon Water Volume Aqua Gel Cream to people with combination skin! I wore it overnight the first night I got it and I woke up and the 3 acne I had had on my forehead the night before were gone! 

The Shiseido products are much newer to my skincare routine, and they are more expensive (although I do get a sweet employee discount where I buy them), but they've really made my skin soft and bouncy, and my pores seem a lot smaller. I'll update in another week or so with my skincare progress and hopefully with even better skin :D

Posted

Hello :alpacacrush: 

any suggestions for black head and white head remover ;___; thery are so stubborn and hard to remove for me also they tole me nose strips are a big no no because it doesnt really get the roots?? Or something

Posted

This thread just killed my wallet. :)

I grew up with horrible skin. I'm super sensitive and break out very easily. A lot of these brands have done wonders in the recent years to help. Skinfood seems to work exceptionally well with my skin type. I also use Etude House, BRTC, Dr. MJ and Mizon products. I'm interested in trying Secret Key and... well everything.

I'm a skincare/make up junkie. Even browsing through sites like roseroseshop (thank you for the recommendation! I have never used it before and prices are excellent!) gets me super hyped up. 

The hardest part about skincare isn't picking a brand for me; it's that everyone has different needs when it comes to skincare. I do rely on recommendations as a place to start when looking for new products. However, what works well for one person doesn't always work for everyone, so picking products that work well for my skin type is a challenge. (that I love to accept)

Posted

So I've started my journey towards the 10-step Korean routine because you guys have said nothing but positive stuff about it.

I really, really like my cleanser and moisturizer now so I think I'm going to stick with them. I bought a Shiseido Cleasing Oil (not Korean, but you know) and Missha Time Revolution Toner so far. I'm gonna end up getting some face/makeup remover wipes (nice, gentle ones), more of the Tonymoly sheet masks, and eventually that Cure Aqua Gel exfoliator (again, not Korean but you know). I'm not sure what essences or serums to go for (I've been using a jojoba oil serum for about 2 weeks now that has been treating me extremely well). Slowly but surely will I get together more products ; o; So excited.

Posted

So I've started my journey towards the 10-step Korean routine because you guys have said nothing but positive stuff about it.

I really, really like my cleanser and moisturizer now so I think I'm going to stick with them. I bought a Shiseido Cleasing Oil (not Korean, but you know) and Missha Time Revolution Toner so far. I'm gonna end up getting some face/makeup remover wipes (nice, gentle ones), more of the Tonymoly sheet masks, and eventually that Cure Aqua Gel exfoliator (again, not Korean but you know). I'm not sure what essences or serums to go for (I've been using a jojoba oil serum for about 2 weeks now that has been treating me extremely well). Slowly but surely will I get together more products ; o; So excited.

How are you liking the Shiseido cleansing oil? I'm super interested in getting some of it since their other products have been treating my skin so nicely. 

Posted

How are you liking the Shiseido cleansing oil? I'm super interested in getting some of it since their other products have been treating my skin so nicely. 

It's actually on its way right now but once I start using it, I will definitely let you know!

Posted

I'm looking into buying the Hada Labo Rohto Gokujyn Hyaluronic Acid Cleansing Foam as my 2nd cleanser (the DHC cleansing oil as my first) and the Hada Labo Rohto Gokujyn Hyaluronic Acid Lotion as a toner, has anyone tried these out before?

Posted

Whooo I've been gone a month but have only become more obsessed in my skincare routine. I can't tell you how many people I've converted. xD 

When will you start seeing results on the AHA products? I've been using my Mizon 8% AHA for three weeks and not so much in the results department yet.

Posted (edited)

I'm looking into buying the Hada Labo Rohto Gokujyn Hyaluronic Acid Cleansing Foam as my 2nd cleanser (the DHC cleansing oil as my first) and the Hada Labo Rohto Gokujyn Hyaluronic Acid Lotion as a toner, has anyone tried these out before?

Yes it's good, not extremely, but good for bouncy skin and prevent wrinkles in long term. Many Japanese women use it for their hands, finger joints and/or neck. (Lotion) :lamaheadshake:

The foam was alright for me, but I liked 卵肌 better. :alpacacrush:

Edited by Detective.Oreki
Added info.

Posted

Yes it's good, not extremely, but good for bouncy skin and prevent wrinkles in long term. Many Japanese women use it for their hands, finger joints and/or neck. (Lotion) :lamaheadshake:

The foam was alright for me, but I liked 卵肌 better. :alpacacrush:

Thank you! Is 卵肌 also from Hada Labo or another brand? Or is it not a product at all haha.

Posted (edited)

Thank you! Is 卵肌 also from Hada Labo or another brand? Or is it not a product at all haha.

Welcome! It's from Hada Labo, but the "gentle exfoliation" range. You can google up "Hada Labo Tamago Hada foam". :alpacawink:

I used to use this and alternate with other cleansers. It's really gentle, makes your face shiny (gradually), and soft by getting rid of dead skin. It goes well with Hyaluronic lotions! I even use it on my body parts sometimes such as knees, elbows, or my back. :alpacacrush: I haven't used it for long time, but I've just bought it again few days ago. I was a very long time user. It doesn't make my skin dry at all.

I must recommend you to use a skin conditioner as well, it's godsend. :alpacalove:! (I use other brands though)

Edited by Detective.Oreki

Posted

Thanks for the suggestions!

I ended up buying the cleanser, actually.

Are there any other toners/lotions you guys would suggest? It looks like most of my products are around 5.5/6 for Ph level so something a little more acidic would be good for me.

Posted

Thanks for the suggestions!

I ended up buying the cleanser, actually.

Are there any other toners/lotions you guys would suggest? It looks like most of my products are around 5.5/6 for Ph level so something a little more acidic would be good for me.

for toner I go Wonder Pore by Etude House. You can't even find a negative review on it, everybody loves it!