• Announcements

• Artists Wanted! (New Banner!!)   01/08/17

Hi everyone! With the new year, we want to continue to make some changes to the site. Firstly, we'd like to make a new banner! Artists who are interested in contributing, please get in touch with me with some samples of your work.  Thanks so much!

Asian Beauty/Skincare

116 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

@Siwon Whoaa, prices are look very promising hahaha. How much was your shipping cost?

Ignore this fkin picture lmao.

leona.png

Edited by Dyabolical

Posted

Shipping is the only real downside with RRS since they do it by weight BUT Mizon is a wonderful brand and they usually ship that brand free.

Posted

@Siwon Whoaa, prices are look very promising hahaha. How much was your shipping cost?

Ignore this fkin picture lmao.

leona.png

My 1-3 week shipping was $47 ;~; Buuut I bought $230 worth of stuff, so it didn't really surprise me. Mizon does mention shipping stuff for free, I bought a lot of that! I really wouldn't buy until you're ready to go on a binge because you'll want to buy ALL THE THINGS.

Posted

Does anyone know what to do about seriously stubborn blackheads? I have combination skin. They've been on my nose for a long time, and they literally look bumpy under my makeup, I feel like I have to cover my nose all the time, it just disgusts me so much. I've tried a lot of things. Nothing seems to get rid of them. I stopped using scrubs because they've irritated my skin. I've been using a glycolic acid toner for a while, it hasn't done anything for my blackheads. I use a clay mask once a week. It seems to temporarily make the blackheads look smaller, but it hasn't gotten rid of them. I steam my skin before using the mask. I tried the egg white/tissue and gelatin/milk DIY pore strips, but they didn't work at all. I bought biore strips a long time ago, but I've never used them because I got spooked when I read they make it worse over time and can cause spider veins. Would it be safe to use one once or twice until I can find something better? (and do they even work?) I would really appreciate some help, I'm so lost about what to do about these nasty little bumps. :alpacaworry2:

Posted (edited)

Hello! happy to see this thread AGAIN haha...

Here is one store in Orlando that has quite a bit of asian beauty products such as masks, facial toners, facial washes, bath products, hair products, etc. I would just search around for local asian markets since they tend to have a beauty section (if you are unsure search on google or yelp, sometimes reviews talk about these sections/there are pictures so you can check). 

No problem. Those "whitening" products (aka brightening) really make your skin look very nice, and give a 'glow' to it. I suggest using them if you want more clear/even/bright skin. 

You most likely do not have "blackheads" in your nose but "sebaceous filaments". These can NEVER be permanetly removed from your nose/face and they are natural/normal. You can REDUCE the appearance of them with chemical exfoliation or with a mask/chem exfoliation/oil cleanse combo . I also do not recommend pore strips to remove these as this can damage the pore and cause it to permanently enlarge and can even break some capillaries. 

Pics for comparison: 

Sebaceous filaments

Blackheads

I personally use Skinfood's Black Sugar Strawberry sugar scrub. I use this maybe once every two weeks VERY lightly. I know how addicting scrubbing is (and let me tell you, I used to scrub the sh*t out of my skin back in the day with that apricot scrub) but it's not very good for our skin ~sigh. 

What is your skin type? It may be dehydrated (peely) due to over washing/exfoliating. Keep in mind you can have dry dehydrated skin or oily dehydrated skin, etc. Dehydrated skin is a skin condition VS a skin type (oily, dry, normal, combo, etc) 

Hope the links help you :D 

@StrawberryTea hope these links in my last response help you! I would like to say that chemical exfoliation wise I recommend Cosrx BHA blackhead and AHA white head chemical exfoliators as a HG well priced product to diminish blackheads,white heads, overall acne, and the look of sebaceous filaments. 

Does anyone know what to do about seriously stubborn blackheads? I have combination skin. They've been on my nose for a long time, and they literally look bumpy under my makeup, I feel like I have to cover my nose all the time, it just disgusts me so much. I've tried a lot of things. Nothing seems to get rid of them. I stopped using scrubs because they've irritated my skin. I've been using a glycolic acid toner for a while, it hasn't done anything for my blackheads. I use a clay mask once a week. It seems to temporarily make the blackheads look smaller, but it hasn't gotten rid of them. I steam my skin before using the mask. I tried the egg white/tissue and gelatin/milk DIY pore strips, but they didn't work at all. I bought biore strips a long time ago, but I've never used them because I got spooked when I read they make it worse over time and can cause spider veins. Would it be safe to use one once or twice until I can find something better? (and do they even work?) I would really appreciate some help, I'm so lost about what to do about these nasty little bumps. :alpacaworry2:

Look at my above response for a more in dept look at what I think your nose really has. I do not recommend any further pore strips or harsh exfoliators as you will/can really wreck your skin permanently. 

Unrelated!

Some of my orders from this month! I have received so far the sunscreen (wanted to try this one so bad!), Tea Tree Essence and RRS order. 

In order of pictures:

1. RRS order: Mizon Starfish cream ,some face cushions/refills (btw this cushion is SUPER dewy, I love it!), and a snail face mist . Currently planning my next RRS haul for next few weeks  (gonna try to buy in 2-3/4 weeks). 

2. Memebox: LJH Tea Tree Essence

3. Jolse: Cosrx A-sol and BB cream

4. Amazon: Sunscreen. I'm going to buy around 2-4 boxes of MBD face masks tonight from Amazon though (I have prime for a month!!)

RRS1.JPG

memebox1.JPG

Jolse1.JPG

amazon1.JPG

Edited by totemoyumii
formatting

Posted

@StrawberryTea hope these links in my last response help you! I would like to say that chemical exfoliation wise I recommend Cosrx BHA blackhead and AHA white head chemical exfoliators as a HG well priced product to diminish blackheads,white heads, overall acne, and the look of sebaceous filaments. 

Look at my above response for a more in dept look at what I think your nose really has. I do not recommend any further pore strips or harsh exfoliators as you will/can really wreck your skin permanently. 

Unrelated!

Some of my orders from this month! I have received so far the sunscreen (wanted to try this one so bad!), Tea Tree Essence and RRS order. 

In order of pictures:

1. RRS order: Mizon Starfish cream ,some face cushions/refills (btw this cushion is SUPER dewy, I love it!), and a snail face mist . Currently planning my next RRS haul for next few weeks  (gonna try to buy in 2-3/4 weeks). 

2. Memebox: LJH Tea Tree Essence

3. Jolse: Cosrx A-sol and BB cream

4. Amazon: Sunscreen. I'm going to buy around 2-4 boxes of MBD face masks tonight from Amazon though (I have prime for a month!!)

RRS1.JPG

memebox1.JPG

Jolse1.JPG

amazon1.JPG

Thank you! I'm going to look into getting a BHA exfoliant. The 2% BHA liquid from Paula's Choice Skincare seems to be good. 

Posted

What is your experience in how fast RRS ships? It's been five days since my payment was confirmed and I haven't received notice of it shipping. I leave the country in a month and don't wanna have someone ship it to me and have to wait a few more weeks. :stoplz:

Posted

Thank you! I'm going to look into getting a BHA exfoliant. The 2% BHA liquid from Paula's Choice Skincare seems to be good. 

No problem! Paula's choice products are really good :D 

What is your experience in how fast RRS ships? It's been five days since my payment was confirmed and I haven't received notice of it shipping. I leave the country in a month and don't wanna have someone ship it to me and have to wait a few more weeks. :stoplz:

It could take like a week. I would email their customer service with your order number to ask them why it hasn't shipped/to find out if it has shipped but not updated on the site. Sometimes it ships and it doesn't say anything or sometimes it is just delayed (the processing time of the order). 

Posted

It could take like a week. I would email their customer service with your order number to ask them why it hasn't shipped/to find out if it has shipped but not updated on the site. Sometimes it ships and it doesn't say anything or sometimes it is just delayed (the processing time of the order). 

Thanks! I did email them and asked just that. I'm trying to be patient as I did buy 16 items. I'm going for the 10 step skin routine with this haul. :megusta:

Posted

Thanks! I did email them and asked just that. I'm trying to be patient as I did buy 16 items. I'm going for the 10 step skin routine with this haul. :megusta:

Omg! Post a picture of your items :D I love looking at hauls/orders! I'll post my 17 item haul (from july. this is my largest RRS one) 

Also by the way, anyone who orders from MEMEBOX can use the 'friends20' or 'friend20' (can't remember which one!) for 20%. You can keep using this as long as you don't sign in to your account haha. 

rrshaul2.JPG

Posted

Ahhhh I'm so glad this thread is back. I see mostly everyone is using Korean beauty items though (I use mostly Japanese) ;-; I'm ordering some Mizon products from RRS though! The collagen eye cream and the aqua water volume gel has caught my eye! 

Posted

Here's a pic of my purchase, hope it shows up! (btw it finally shipped!) 

Feel free to comment on it (what's good, what's gimmicky, what would be better, am I missing something) I'm an eager student ready to soak up the wisdom!

*Note the male pack and collagen pack are not for me but comments on that are also welcomed. My mother-in-law, aunt-in-law and husband are all wanting me to do another haul already. lol

beauty haul.png

Posted (edited)

I'd love to start with Korean skincare, but I'm too afraid of buying the wrong products :/ 

Maybe you can suggest me some products? I have a dry t-zone and whiteheads on my chin due hormonal acne ¬¬ my cheeks and nose get easily red, too.

Edited by Lucent

Posted

I just wanted to share this magical product !! :alpacacrush:

e382b9e382afe383aae383bce383b3e382b7e383

It's this Japanese "Cure" Natural Aqua Gel! It's a gel that you rub onto your skin, and it exfoliates and takes off all your dead skin, it's a really great alternative to exfoliating with a tool which can be harsh, i found it to be really amazing x3

This is also MUCH better than exfoliating with normal products because regular exfoliating products use actual plastic for the exfoliating beads.

Posted

Overall what would you guys rate as the best websites (besides Amazon) for buying Korean/Japanese products from?