• Announcements

• Moderator Applications Open!   05/20/17

Hi everyone! We're looking to expand our moderation team. See this thread for the link if you are interested. Thanks!

Ouija boards

18 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Do you believe it works? Did you ever try it? Do you know anyone who got into it? Or would you rather not mess around with that stuff.

I my self will never touch one, I don't do paranormal shit now. I did that charlie stuff wrong when I wanted to be edgy with some classmates and it ended up being a hoax, but the board is way too real. Messing with the "other world" IF it exists, won't be very fun. Rather be called a pussy than be haunted/scared shitless.

I am genuinely curious what experiences people have had y-5dance.thumb.gif.0e0ff90e65bd3d940864c x 

Edited by M.I.A

Posted (edited)

I don't believe in it. 

Oujia boards were once sold as a kids toy in toy stores. So to me the oujia board is just as scary as the monopoly board. I have tried many times to use these kind of things with friends to summon 'ghosts' in my teen years. and it never worked. I don't believe in ghosts but my ex best friend did,  and she would literally freak out by everything if we tried it,  these kind of things play more mindtricks than anything else really. If there really had been horrible tragedies due to the board it would've been worldwide news.

We tried so many of these ghost summon and paranormal things back then.  But nothing ever happened. Never saw or heard anything after so many times. 

Example of me and my friend doing these kind of stuff.  friend: 'omg did you hear/saw that!?!?'  me: no. If you're scared/nervous,  your mind is going to be a bitch and play tricks on you. Whenever I'd watch a documentary about a serial killer I get a bit paranoid too, and think 'was that the door?!' 'did I just hear footsteps downstairs!?' and it's always nothing. 

Edited by Kiko

Posted

I believe in ghosts/supernatural and all that and I'd neverrrrrrrrrrrr fuck with one, whether it works or doesn't, because I don't want to take the risk lol. 

I've heard many people go on about having weird experiences with the board, and while I do believe in the supernatural, I still am skeptical of people's experiences. 

A youtuber called FazeRug has done many videos with the Ouija Board, I guess it's up to you if you believe them or think they're fake. I used to call bullshit on his experiences but I kiiiiind of have started believing them? IDK, here's one of his many videos where it seemed somewhat genuine/not fake because the girl really seemed freaked out- https://youtu.be/SzFQ5VCbEnc

Posted (edited)

last halloween someone brought it with them to a party i attended, i'm high anxiety and can't even handle being in the dark / being alone for any period of time, so ouija boards were something i didn't fuck with. i didn't participate when they played, and not many people really wanted to either because it was halloween, so there were only like 3 ppl with their hands on the planchette. after like a minute the guy who brought it laughed because everyone was too chicken & said "this can't fuckin work because everyone'll know i'm pushing it." very anticlimactic but still kinda funny.

to add on to what @kiko was said, (note: don't read if u don't want me to ruin ur fun)

ouija boards "work" either because you have one troll in the group that moves the planchette around & the rest of the group follows, or ideomotor phenomenon occurs because your subconscious mind moves the planchette because thats what you want it to do. along with that because you're scared of what happens in the movies you gets hypersensitive & are more aware to lil bumps in the house or make noises up. also, they're sold at Toys R Us so I wouldn't take them too seriously, + if you look on the back of the box there's examples of what to ask like "will i ever be tall enough to make the basketball team?" or "does johnny have a crush on me?" not exactly questions to ask potentially angry demons from the ~other side~, y'know? :alpacawink: 

(do i need a source? in case i do i learned about this in my college psych class, u can also look this up on reddit)

Edited by pistachio
formatting :P

Posted

Yeah no i'll never touch this shit. I believe in spirits and demons and stuff and I believe that opens the gates to invite stuff into your house. 

Posted (edited)

Do I believe in stuff like this? Idk, but it's just best to never really take chances. Not doing something that will make you paranoid is just better anyway.

also just something for fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15nNY7uofNw

Edited by CuzWhyNot

Posted

Do I believe in stuff like this? Idk, but it's just best to never really take chances. Not doing something that will make you paranoid is just better anyway.

Hidden Content

WA WEG BOARD, LUIGI BOARD WHAHAHAHAHA

Posted

I had a friend in school that came from a Wiccan family, her mom specialized in "white magic" witch craft. I asked her about Oujia boards once and she said to never fuck with those because you never know who's on the other side :alpacasad:

Posted

i want to say i don't believe it but at the same time i wouldn't want to try using one.

i remember in middle school my friend told me she and her sisters made one and used it at home. i don't remember if anything happened but she said they burned it after using it.

Posted

My dad said that in the late 70s, he and his friends were messing around with the board and one of his friends apparently went insane, I wish he'd explain it more but he gets angry if I even mention the word "Ouija". So I do believe in the supernatural, my whole family does and a really strange event occurred last year with my cousins leading them to go the emergencies because one of them went insane (my cousin's husband claimed to have seen a cat forming into a human at the semetaries and he couldn't stop pointing and kept repeating the Quran), so I would be careful around anything related to the paranormal.

Posted

They're sold as toys, and  I don't think a bored teenager would be able to summon demons so easily. Idk, I'll probably never do it out of anxiety though.

Posted

i want to say i don't believe it but at the same time i wouldn't want to try using one.

i remember in middle school my friend told me she and her sisters made one and used it at home. i don't remember if anything happened but she said they burned it after using it.

oi they say if you burn it it will not go away and stay around forever (I think?) but they are fine I guess so they were busy on the other side I guess kekekeke

Posted (edited)

I'm a believer and I've tried it twice trust me it works!! I also had to let my friends take their fingers off of the coin! my cousin use to play it for years with her and her friends & they use to ask questions like did my bf cheated on me? does my mom know I'm out? they'd tell her the truth but she has always told me not to trust the board cause u never know whos on the other side and whats their intentions, asking them to get honest answers is wrong.. they can lie and fuck around.

Edited by sugamz

Posted (edited)

Don't use it. It isn't a game. You inviting it in to your life. Spirit can pretend to be good. Don't burn oujia board. Burried it under grounded 

Edited by Newbee

Posted

I would say most of the time things like this don't work or it's a hoax. People normally scare themselves over nothing all the time. Myself included..but I blame that on my over active imagination xD 

But as far as the board goes..I've never tried it and never will. No matter if it's fake or real...why chance it? that could go for anything supernatural really. I'm not saying you should jump at every shadow and call ghost busters or the Winchester brothers but I would definitely keep an open mind :alpacawink: