• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Taylor R - Model work

186 posts in this topic

Posted

I dont know if this has been posted but i was looking at some google images for eyeliner and found this!!

EE39D83D-753B-4C04-8281-0DEC36AEA66A.jpeg

Damn, what a coincidence! I was watching a documentary on Nabokov where this book was referenced - thought the girl on the cover looked suspiciously similar to Taylor, ended up here to check if anyone’s posted it and find a photo from the same shoot. I wonder if they had permission to use it. 

DC4FF8B1-0DFA-4892-BDBB-2FD5E8FFF928.jpeg

Posted (edited)

テイラー, Taylor R , テイラーR70193324jw1dxmts0zgiqj.jpg

Ok but isn’t that Hangeng from Super Junior?! You go, old Taylor!

Edited by Lolidk

Posted

Damn, what a coincidence! I was watching a documentary on Nabokov where this book was referenced - thought the girl on the cover looked suspiciously similar to Taylor, ended up here to check if anyone’s posted it and find a photo from the same shoot. I wonder if they had permission to use it. 

These looks like stock photos so yes, probably.

Posted

I wonder how she feels about Jennie (since she seems to like BP so much) being Chanel's muse when she could have been it but fucked up with her ps...

Posted

I wonder how she feels about Jennie (since she seems to like BP so much) being Chanel's muse when she could have been it but fucked up with her ps...

Honestly doubt that she cares at all because: A. I don't believe she actually gives a shit about BP beyond using them for popularity and to get views, and B. She made her peace a long time ago that she was never going to be that caliber of model. Taylor is a very pretty girl with a good commercial beauty face and that's about it. Being barely 170cm, and not a striking beauty she was never going to be a high fashion girl. She was able to do editorial in HK and Japan because their standards are different. Taylor never would have been Chanel's muse regardless of what she did or didn't do to her face. She simply doesn't have the "It" factor.

Besides, for years Lagerfeld's "muses" have been celebrities (actresses, singers, famous kids) which explains why someone like Jennie is even being considered. Just like Tay, Chanel is using BP for their momentary popularity nothing more nothing less and once their hype dies down, Chanel will move on as it always does, because ultimately popularity is all that someone like Jennie has to offer. She's less of a "muse" than a cash cow. She doesn't inspire art, she's not creative, she's not interesting. Her image is too controlled to be any of those things. All she inspires is dollar signs in investors' eyes.

Posted

This is SO ironic when in light of the MC controversy!! 
also, the photo was prob. taken not long before she started dating Tom, and she's chosen as the book cover to say how very young looking girls are sexualized and it's a societal problem. it's actually more creepy then just ironic