• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

sayathefox

519 posts in this topic

Posted

I feel like that kind of recognition should go towards people who spend hours making/crafting their own cosplay instead some cosplay model that only knows how to purchase and model pre-made cosplay. 

The majority of cosplay fans on social media are probably guys that like pretty girls, anime and video games. The community who really cares for the cosplay aspect in itself is much smaller.

Posted

Dude :alpacaworry:

I found this tweet some time ago, I know it's kinda old but... what the h

2019-02-17 18.43.48.png

Posted

I just found out that the convention I'm going to she's invited to as a guest.

Posted

I just found out that the convention I'm going to she's invited to as a guest. 

I have a serious question though. What is the criteria for the guests to get invited to a con? Just popularity? Because it kind of annoys me that any wannabe cosplayer with zero crafting skills gets invited just because they have a huge following. This girl has done nothing but scam people and had plastic surgery so that she can look like another of these uwu anime girls ... She can't make costumes on her own and doesn't really have a personality either (at least there's not much to see on her insta and twitter aside from narcissistic behaviour). Why do they never support people that are passionate and talented even if they don't have a lot of followers? Why always just make the popular ones even more popular?

(sry for my small rant but I feel like it had to be said.) 

Posted

I have a serious question though. What is the criteria for the guests to get invited to a con? Just popularity? Because it kind of annoys me that any wannabe cosplayer with zero crafting skills gets invited just because they have a huge following. This girl has done nothing but scam people and had plastic surgery so that she can look like another of these uwu anime girls ... She can't make costumes on her own and doesn't really have a personality either (at least there's not much to see on her insta and twitter aside from narcissistic behaviour). Why do they never support people that are passionate and talented even if they don't have a lot of followers? Why always just make the popular ones even more popular?

(sry for my small rant but I feel like it had to be said.) 

Why should they invite actual skilled cosplayer? :') I guess that most con goers give a fuck about actual cosplayer and just want to see uwu kawaii e -girls that cosplay the flavor of the month. Why should you care about the franchise you cosplay from? Why should you need a personality? Buy some followers, facetune the shit out of your face and cosplay some generic anime waifu and you are cosplay fame.  

Posted

Well, they've invited a lot of people with a thread on here. They are a very very new convention and are still trying to grow and spread the word. So they invited as many Instagram cosplayers and general creators as possible everyone from 2k to 100k+. They depend on the exposure influencers bring very much. ( They also dont do any background checks or such on the guests. They only check followers and social midea activity lvl). What bothers me is many of these snowflake cosplayers have their own workshops teaching something or/and Q&A sessions. What's also very annoying they all act very "I'm better than you" just because they are a "guest" and treat the staff like butlers. Also, many of the guests reached out to the convention themselves asking to be a guest. The convention literally chose everyone and anyone who can bring in the smallest bit of exposure and profit.
So honey get down from your high horse this isn't some special famous convention it's new its a mess and your just a profit to them and the staff are not your servants. 

Screenshot_20190222-150615_Gallery.jpg

Posted

I wonder if she was at the event on the first day 🤔. I know she has habit of lack. 

She's going crazy!. It could be a joke. But it looks like a bitch talking about these things.

Screenshot_20190224-010716_1.jpg

Posted

Please do not post pictures of people irrelevant to the discussion/thread.

Posted

Who would that person be? Lol. She changes a lot with the unedited photos.

IMG_20190224_133329_1_1.jpg

Posted

After meeting her in person I can confirm that she has had surgery or she did some amazing Hollywood face reconstruction with magic clay or some shit. She looks like a snow filter in real life her nose and her chin are just... 

Posted

Also found a pic of her.

555649BF-806D-4BD2-8445-702B96B7D524.jpeg

Posted

Also found a pic of her.

555649BF-806D-4BD2-8445-702B96B7D524.jpeg

Without all the editing she looks actually human and not like a sex doll. Seeing all the candids of the cosplayer that attended epiccon is well...eyeopening, most of them look mediocre and not like real life waifus. 

Posted (edited)

Edited by ---

Posted

Leaving this here

InShot_20190225_232810421.jpg