• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

1269 posts in this topic

Posted

I figured out who her new style is similar to and it's jerianie. From the autumn theme, to fashion, to pose styles and even her makeup. 

Posted

HAHAHAHAA!!!

Oh my god, Jesus I was wondering what had her so riled up. 

Kelly, Belle, Maureen, Arden, Kelly KellyKELLY or whatever you’re calling yourself. 

Stop reading here and work on yourself, cause you really need to. 

AA30664D-B5A2-4FD9-BA51-2BC356EC0771.png

0341D556-CBCB-4D25-BA61-976DBC4E7702.png

Posted

You couldn't be making it more obvious that you read here, Kelly, get a life dude :alpacacrush:

Posted

HAHAHAHAA!!!

Oh my god, Jesus I was wondering what had her so riled up. 

Kelly, Belle, Maureen, Arden, Kelly KellyKELLY or whatever you’re calling yourself. 

Stop reading here and work on yourself, cause you really need to. 

AA30664D-B5A2-4FD9-BA51-2BC356EC0771.png

0341D556-CBCB-4D25-BA61-976DBC4E7702.png

You don't have to be anorexic to be underweight, though. And even if you don't have mental issues involved with being underweight, being underweight still takes a toll on your body.  A family member of mine is recovering from an extended physical illness which caused this person to lose a lot of weight they couldn't afford to lose. (Though other people just don't feel hungry enough to get meals when they should, some live busy lives and don't take time, some have a taste for foods that are low calorie, etc.) They cook their food in oil, eat plenty of rich dishes, and make themselves additional snacks. This family member plans to continue to do this until their weight is restored to what it was previously. Your weight is a direct result of how many calories you put in and how many calories you burn. If she didn't want to look that way, she could make herself some extra snacks to hit a recommended calorie amount. Her doctor would be able to provide a plan for this, especially since it seems to be such a tough issue for her. Paired with gentle exercise, it would be a healthy way to change her looks. "I'm naturally x weight" is bs. Stored fat is calories, calories = energy, and you can't pull energy out of thin air any more than you can banish it.

If you are in the medical, scientifically-measured group that is underweight for your height, sex, and race, then you may risk unhealthy side effects on your body. Obv, I don't know her weight and I am not a doctor, but my point is that "what is underweight" can be measured with math and medical statistics. If she's not in that group, she can state as much and then say that this judgement is unnecessary and hurting her feelings. Instead, she's just unhappy that people are judging her looks. This could be really easily cleared up just by saying, "guys, I'm thin but my doctor says I'm fine stop judging people" and I guess I'm not sure why that wasn't her approach. I'm not saying this out of being a mean judgy person, but because food issues are no joke and I think that these comments are coming from a place of caring, not just being mean and gossipy.

Posted

Did she just compare herself to a transgender person on her recent story? That’s so weird. 

Posted (edited)

stop! reading! threads! about you! if it triggers you!!! it’s not gonna stop people from talking!

imagine having such a crappy day and you go home and you just. read up on a gossip forum..? about you? uhm

take a break belle

Edited by tsuntsun

Posted

Looks like she's going through an Audrey Hepburn phase. That picture reminds me of Audrey in Roman Holiday. 

Posted

You couldn't be making it more obvious that you read here, Kelly, get a life dude :alpacacrush:

Belle has no general drama around her so she needs to create it to feel validated

Posted

Hidden Content

OT as it's just about weight

(it also has some r/explainlikeimfive undertones, not because I think you're stupid, but just to generally disperse misconceptions)

There aren't any scientific ways to measure someone's health based on their weight. We have tools like body mass index and body fat percentage to make estimates about bigger populations more or less correctly, as anomalies cancel out, but they're a mess to predict the health of a single person, and relying on them to dictate your lifestyle is basically like searching up symptoms online to receive a diagnosis.

Your normal weight is dictated by your DNA which controls hormones which in turn control your bodily functions both in your everyday habits and mostly set things, like bone size and density. A disruption in this process, like an illness or just a fucked up lifestyle, can result in abnormal weight loss or gain, which is obviously a good reason to want to get back to your regular weight.

But as long as you have a stable lifestyle with a generally stable weight, and you don't have any health concerns, like dangerously low blood pressure or a vitamin defficiency, there's no need to force yourself to gain weight just because you're in the "underweight" category based on whatever measuring system. And doing so simply because you dislike your body will harm both your physical and mental health just as much as the opposite would.

Being underweight is more accutely deadly because it has immediate effects on your body, while being overweight, unless morbidly obese, is mostly harmful in the long term due to unhealthy lifestyle habits (i.e. you're not developing diabetes as a result of your weight, but you're more likely to develop it because your weight is possibly an indication of a poor lifestyle that leads to diabetes). So any kind of drastic change in your lifestyle, like consuming abnormal amounts of oil/carbs or building muscle mass like crazy/not working out at all, will be taxing for your body, especially if you have to keep up those habits in order to keep on the weight - which is probably the case if that's really not your normal weight. And even if as effect you'll be in the "normal" weight range, you'll have the same risk of developing these illnesses as overweight people, or more so.

So tl;dr being underweight compared to other people based on BMI or whatever is not necessarily a health concern, but being underweight compared to yourself probably is. And looks are obviously not indicative of weight, let alone health.