• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

1269 posts in this topic

Posted

Also, I don't know if it's still up because I saw it last night and didn't grab a screenshot, but she posted on her instagram story about how people had said it was "narcissistic" to call herself a social media influencer. I can't imagine any of her followers saying that so... does that mean she's been lurking on this thread?

Just gonna add the screenshots in case other people want to read it:Screenshot_2017-10-24-11-15-44.thumb.pngScreenshot_2017-10-24-11-15-47.thumb.png

Posted

I have more followers than lunestelle and I still don’t call myself an influencer? I feel for that title, you need a magnitude of followers where you actually exert an influence? She could have easily said “aspiring guru” and avoided anything awkward. It DOES seem a bit narcissistic/egotistical to call ones self an influencer and guru at that following count. But she is growing. So maybe eventually? 

Her post doesn’t have any negative commentary. And she usually lets negative commentary stay on her page because it adds to her persona of being gentle and kind (maybe she is nice but from the standpoint that her Instagram is extremely curated, I’m sure what she presents of her personality is also curated). So she must be seeing this response either here or in her private messages. 

Either way: it sucks that she’s having a rough time. I won’t harp on her. 

Posted

Oh, Belle absolutely lurks here (maybe even has an account?) Back in the Kenna plagiarizing situation, she often made arguments that we had already voiced here, back when this was maybe the place that openly criticized her, so it would make sense that she still lurks.

Posted

I wouldn't be surprised if she lurked here too, but I don't really judge too much regarding that. If I knew of a place where people were discussing or criticizing me, I would be way too curious not to check it out.

I do think her situation is a little weird. She said she's pretty much living out of her car atm and working at a farm and as a waitress in Oregon.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, it seems like she's going through a rough time at the moment with her living situation which I do feel for. 

I think I'd be the same if there was a thread about me if I knew about PULL, but I'm not sure I'd personally want to draw attention to the fact that there were people talking about me or a gossip site or something. I get wanting to get your side out, but I feel like her posting a story about it... is a bit much. For something that small like people saying it was a little obnoxious to call herself an influence, it probably would have been better to just ignore it. I think when you get to a certain level of followers/etc you have to learn to have a bit of a thick skin and not respond to every bit of negativity.

Also, she seems to be doing the dot under the eye make up too that Kenna has been doing lately. Is this a trend I missed??

Edited by hiba

Posted

Yeah, it seems like she's going through a rough time at the moment with her living situation which I do feel for. 

I think I'd be the same if there was a thread about me if I knew about PULL, but I'm not sure I'd personally want to draw attention to the fact that there were people talking about me or a gossip site or something. I get wanting to get your side out, but I feel like her posting a story about it... is a bit much. For something that small like people saying it was a little obnoxious to call herself an influence, it probably would have been better to just ignore it. I think when you get to a certain level of followers/etc you have to learn to have a bit of a thick skin and not respond to every bit of negativity.

Also, she seems to be doing the dot under the eye make up too that Kenna has been doing lately. Is this a trend I missed??

I've seen it done before, I haven't noticed it on lunest elle though. It's usually done like right under the centre of the eye, not as low down as kenna does it. 

oh and look, right after kenna starts posting about that show, lunestelle is posting about it in her stories. Yet another coincidence? I'm not a fan of kenna, but like I just really feel like it's too many coincidences. And I know kenna doesn't own anything and isn't original herself lol

Posted

IMG_2688.thumb.PNG.28816cac1ecb41fc3da99I've seen it done before, I haven't noticed it on lunest elle though. It's usually done like right under the centre of the eye, not as low down as kenna does it. 

oh and look, right after kenna starts posting about that show, lunestelle is posting about it in her stories. Yet another coincidence? I'm not a fan of kenna, but like I just really feel like it's too many coincidences. And I know kenna doesn't own anything and isn't original herself lol

I am a long time lurker, first time poster. Srry for any mistakes - English is not my first language. I found the eye dot thing odd, too. At first I thought it was lune copying kenners, but it's turns out she did that first, too. In that picture with the baby's breath in her hair I will try to attach it below. (I don't know why the photo is so close like this). And while I was comment lurking I saw she also talked about dressing as that character before kenners, too. The one from the show they're both all about. It is all very odd to me. These are cartons so why are they so obsessing all of the time? 

Posted

i feel like she's gonna turn into a Kenna 2.0 by next year

Posted

I'm generally neutral to her - she's not my preferred aesthetic so I don't actively follow her, and she's not drama enough to actively dislike. Her pretentious(for the lack of better word) moments are really off-putting though, because they make her look way too selfish and conceited for someone of her level of "popularity" and unfortunately it does make her look like one of the many irrelevant Kenna-wannabies. 

Posted

I'm generally neutral to her - she's not my preferred aesthetic so I don't actively follow her, and she's not drama enough to actively dislike. Her pretentious(for the lack of better word) moments are really off-putting though, because they make her look way too selfish and conceited for someone of her level of "popularity" and unfortunately it does make her look like one of the many irrelevant Kenna-wannabies. 

yes this is my feeling too. Plus her whole ~pure innocent fairy~ act is super fake and forced to me. Who actually speaks or acts like that irl? Literally nobody. She's just trying so hard and idk why but it grinds my gears haha

Posted

I admit lately her whole online persona has been a little grating to me too, and I used to think she was really sweet. I think because it's so constant it's just stopped feeling like a real, genuine personality? Maybe it's just the way she went on a huge defensive rant in her story that time she had a few negative comments about something she said that turned me off. 

Posted

I admit lately her whole online persona has been a little grating to me too, and I used to think she was really sweet. I think because it's so constant it's just stopped feeling like a real, genuine personality? Maybe it's just the way she went on a huge defensive rant in her story that time she had a few negative comments about something she said that turned me off. 

That is one of the many snowflake traits that put people on this site. Belle isn't a snowflake yet, but she feels like a mini/ beginner one right now. I honestly used to root for her when she was being attacked by Kenna's minions, but definitely not anymore.

Posted

I’m relieved someone else feels this way too. Her demeanor seems too choreographed and forced. Her laugh/giggle in particular is so impossibly sugary and I find it insincere. Which I will admit sounds so cruel of me to say. Who knows? Maybe she’s an irl anime character but I’m highly suspicious after her Instagram stories calling people out and creating unnecessary drama.

Niceness and kindness are a part of her brand now. It’s like she’s capitalizing on how mean Kenna can be. So when the two of the are compared she can say “oh I’m the nice one” to curry favor. 

Again, I could just be needlessly mean right now. And she really is kind. But I find it so over the top that it doesn’t seem genuine. And seeing her also lash out has made me solidify my belief.

Posted (edited)

I don’t think it’s being overly mean, and it seems from a few comments from this thread that other people feel the same so I wouldn’t worry lol. 

I do agree that I think she’s generally a nice person and I get that the whole “sugary, innocent autumn pixie” thing or whatever is the brand she’s going for, like good for her if that’s what she wants to do! but it definitely feels dialled up too much. It’s the same issue I have with Abipop, she puts on this really irritating over the top cutesy persona when that’s.... not exactly how she is when you see her IRL or in other peoples videos. It just feels really fake and turns me off from wanting to watch/engage with anymore of their content because it doesn’t feel like you’re watching the real them? If I wanted to watch an actor, I’d watch TV.

I feel like Belle could definitely do with remembering that she doesn’t have to keep up the cutesy persona 24/7. Her followers would probably appreciate getting to see less posed and carefully crafted aesthetic Belle and more... real? Like you said, maybe she is like this all the time... but it doesn’t feel like anyone would be this full on all the time. Now that you mention Kenna though I do wonder if everything that happens plays a part at all in the way Belle acts online?

Edited by hiba

Posted (edited)

New video by lune:

Edited by Ellexen
Link did not work