• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

1269 posts in this topic

Posted

Isn't that house in some horror movie? Amityville? 
Anyhow, unless it's reposting without credit or blatant copying then there's no reason to complain. Just makes em seem icky and corporate. 

Posted

Isn't that house in some horror movie? Amityville? 
Anyhow, unless it's reposting without credit or blatant copying then there's no reason to complain. Just makes em seem icky and corporate. 

I don't know what that movie is... but yeah, I don't personally think it's that huge of a problem seeing as how Belle didn't claim the photo to have been taken by her. It's just the irony in Belle's deleted story that makes me giggle, lol

But this is tifforelie's response in regards to people using her photos:

Screenshot_2017-09-16-19-19-17-1.thumb.p

Posted

I don't know what that movie is... but yeah, I don't personally think it's that huge of a problem seeing as how Belle didn't claim the photo to have been taken by her. It's just the irony in Belle's deleted story that makes me giggle, lol

I agree with tiff there lmao. Made me chuckle as well tho.
Ya kinda have to give credit like tiff did.

Sidenote: I love it when people openly contradict themselves while being completely serious. 

Posted

I messaged Lunestelle about this yesterday but it seems that she still didn't credit properly (she now follows tifforelie tho). She had time to upload 3 new pics within that time span but couldn't even easily edit her caption to tag the photographer. It's just funny because she was quite involved when the Kenna plagiarism was at large, combined with her deleted story where she talks of people copying her composition or whatever, lol. Screenshot_2017-09-16-18-54-57-1.thumb.p

Oooh, I don't like that she still hasn't credited the original photographer. Or deleted the post. Is she contacting the original photographer asking for permission? Because in the mean time, she should still source the original photographer. 

Do I go and find all the photographs she's taken and not credited? Because her excuse is lame. I found the creator in less than a minute BECAUSE of Pinterest. She's done this more than once and I don't like how careless she's being about it when she literally asked people not to do the same.

Also, why would you want someone else's photograph on your instagram in the first place? It's not tumblr? 

Posted

Just visited her insta after a long while. When tf did she get 10k followers lol. I thought she was just at 2k a couple of months ago

Posted

Okay so... I really don't want to be that person and make it seem like I'm blowing something way out of proportion, but it kind of is a problem if people are reposting content without proper credit to the original artist / photographer etc, whether the reposter is claiming to have taken it or not. Someone on Tumblr wrote about it a lot more in depth/eloquently than I could here. (It's talking about art but the same applies to photography too!)

I said before I thought it was probably just a case of her being a bit naive and I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt that it was something she wouldn't do again/make a habit of but the fact she apparently still hasn't updated her caption with proper credit is a bit... iffy? Please don't think I'm trying to pick a fight with you guys or being too nit-picky because aaaa I'm really not (I'm terrible at wording myself well soRRY), I just think if people are gonna use "reposting without credit" as a negative for other people, Belle needs to be held to the same standards as those people. (AKA Kenna, like we didn't all know who I was talking about lol)

Posted

I actually feel really bad for her after her latest instagram story. It seems like her living situation is up in the air and she doesn't have that much money.

I don't follow her super closely, but I don't think I've ever heard her mentioning a job. Has she been depending on social media for her income?

Posted

I checked in on her Instagram after a long time, cause her photos are lovely. But she’s started quoting herself like one of our other favourite snowflakes and... I hope that’s not where she’s heading; she seems sweet 

Posted

Idk you guys, I never really thought she was as sweet as she tries to seem. I just get the feeling she was trying to use all of that drama with kenna to gain more attention and followers. 

It does seem like she's having a rough go at it right now though. Her latest post makes it seem like she's basically homeless? Which makes me feel bad for saying it, but her referring to herself as a social media influencer/beauty guru/lifestyle guru kind of irked me. Like girl you have 10k instagram followers, chill.

Posted

Oh wow another "photo from Pinterest, edit by me" post 🙄

Like you really need credit for throwing a couple filters on something. I'm sorry if I seem super salty but like get over yourself???

Screenshot_20171023-205934.png

Posted

Oh wow another "photo from Pinterest, edit by me" post 🙄

Like you really need credit for throwing a couple filters on something. I'm sorry if I seem super salty but like get over yourself???

Screenshot_20171023-205934.png

Are we considering an Instagram filter editing a photo now? That being said, given how much flack fellow pixie magic aesthetic “content creators” get for not crediting even something so basic, I get overcrediting out of fear for sure. 

Posted

Are we considering an Instagram filter editing a photo now? That being said, given how much flack fellow pixie magic aesthetic “content creators” get for not crediting even something so basic, I get overcrediting out of fear for sure. 

that is true! But as some people have said before in this thread, "from pinterest" isn't exactly giving credit. It's really similar to how kenna would tag tumblr in her photos, without putting any effort into crediting the actual artist. But I may just be nitpicky though! I realise I'm salty haha

Posted

Yeah, just saying "from Pinterest" really doesn't count as credit because so much content ends up on there without the knowledge or permission of the original creator. I really don't get with people self-credit either? I could understand cosplayers tagging themselves so people know which one is them but surely if you post something on instagram unless you state otherwise, it's assumed that you wrote the caption and tweaked/filtered the photo? :alpacaconfused:

Also, I don't know if it's still up because I saw it last night and didn't grab a screenshot, but she posted on her instagram story about how people had said it was "narcissistic" to call herself a social media influencer. I can't imagine any of her followers saying that so... does that mean she's been lurking on this thread?

Posted

Was browsing that quote post of hers and uh... Found that in the comments. She says in the caption "now I'm very interested in Roald Dahl", so in the person itself and not his works. Maybe she should add that to make it clear, but she probably would have already if she wanted to.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-24 um 16.58.51.png

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-24 um 16.59.00.png

Posted

Was browsing that quote post of hers and uh... Found that in the comments. She says in the caption "now I'm very interested in Roald Dahl", so in the person itself and not his works. Maybe she should add that to make it clear, but she probably would have already if she wanted to.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-24 um 16.58.51.png

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-24 um 16.59.00.png

oh I took it as her being interested in his works, not him as a person. And I had no idea about this whole thing, so I'm glad I found out! 

Yeah, just saying "from Pinterest" really doesn't count as credit because so much content ends up on there without the knowledge or permission of the original creator. I really don't get with people self-credit either? I could understand cosplayers tagging themselves so people know which one is them but surely if you post something on instagram unless you state otherwise, it's assumed that you wrote the caption and tweaked/filtered the photo? :alpacaconfused:

Also, I don't know if it's still up because I saw it last night and didn't grab a screenshot, but she posted on her instagram story about how people had said it was "narcissistic" to call herself a social media influencer. I can't imagine any of her followers saying that so... does that mean she's been lurking on this thread?

I saw that too! She definitely lurks here (not that I think that's a bad thing lol)