• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

1207 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Since a lot of people seem to like her, I figured I'd start a Lunestelle thread!
I thought it'd be good for her to have a thread for herself outside the shadow of her tormentor.

Instagram
Youtube
Tumblr
Goodreads
I found a Twitter but it looks old. : @hernameiskelly (her name apparently is Kelly??? ok 🤷)

Lunestelle / Belle Maureen / Kelly? is a Socal insta girl/ youtuber.
Mostly posts soft pastel vintage books nature fairy images to Instagram and lookbooks, DIYs, makeup tutorials, etc. to Youtube. Her bullet journal video is pretty cute.

Tbh I wish her camera and mic quality were better because girl is cute! but her actual videos are kinda fuzzy. Just nitpicking.

Had some bullying drama where a certain other bigger Youtuber accused her of copying her style, even though there was evidence to the other way around. However, that youtuber's fans still haunt Belle's every online move.

UPDATE: More evidence came out about Lunestelle copying Kenna, and now it's looking like less than coinkydink tbh.

1527000193323934663.jpg

15270003971727377988.jpg

Has copied various outfit themes, same mugs, same candles, same flowers, etc. The copying goes both ways and it is weeeeeird.

Edited by TwinkleSkulls

Posted

Omg when I first saw the pic I thought it was Kenna ;;;; I don't follow either of them much though haha 

She's pretty! I really like her eyes ^^

Posted (edited)

That aesthetic, the filters, the flowers, the pastel colours, the occasional doodles, the random pics of poetry/literary quotes, the youtube intro, the video style, the makeup, the false freckles, the DIYs, the OOTD/lookbook/seasonal wear vids, going to Disneyland, claiming to being into several fandoms. the pink curly bob....

Bruh, she is Kenna McKaelin's less popular and 100% unoriginal clone.

cpct_4.thumb.png.4e675d0f412c80cf5814c02

cpct_3.thumb.png.e2fdd7457a9f1544e8a0a63cpct_1.thumb.png.4cee648314b8f092544fa50cpct_2.thumb.png.d25c26dd1fdd3361974e1a0

Honestly for this, there is little to deny that she has taken HUGE inspiration from Kenna... Their styles are not original or exclusive to them, yes, but she is really mirroring Kenna... :alpacadone:

Edited by szandra

Posted (edited)

That aesthetic, the filters, the flowers, the pastel colours, the occasional doodles, the random pics of poetry/literary quotes, the youtube intro, the video style, the makeup, the false freckles, the DIYs, the OOTD/lookbook/seasonal wear vids, going to Disneyland, claiming to being into several fandoms. the pink curly bob....

cpct_3.thumb.png.e2fdd7457a9f1544e8a0a63cpct_1.thumb.png.4cee648314b8f092544fa50cpct_2.thumb.png.d25c26dd1fdd3361974e1a0

Honestly for this, there is little to deny that she has taken HUGE inspiration from Kenna... Their styles are not original or exclusive to them, yes, but she is really mirroring Kenna... :alpacadone:

Bruh, Lunestelle had pink hair a couple months before the burnt pink flip flop. She may have been inspired by Kenna, but Kenna does not own an aesthetic(as much as she likes to think she does) tones of people have this aesthetic, and it's been proven that she's liked HP, Disney etc way before the Kenna drama.

At least we can say Lunestelle is a nice person unlike Kenna who's whole YT career has been based on lies and plagiarism. 

Edited by ritsusu

Posted

Even if her birth name is Kelly I think we should respect her preference and call her Belle. I'm someone who legally changed their name because I never liked it, and honestly it's really upsetting & ignorant when people call you by your old name because they think it's your "real name" or they're trying to be smart. Changing your name (or simply just going by another) shouldn't be a taboo or scandal. Not that you were doing any of those things, but I like Lunestelle so just wanted to mention this. :alpacacrush:

Oh yeah, sure! I commented in the parentheses because the Twitter's name is literally "my name is Kelly". Belle is a pretty name, too. And that's what she goes by! :alpacawink:

Oh, ans szandra: I'm actually not sure about Lunestelle's freckles. You made me curious, so I dug a little bit into her earlier pictures and can't tell if they've always been there (like, before the freckle fad) and in some of the earlier pictures, it looks like she doesn't... but she could have been covering them with makeup? They actually look pretty natural on her now. If they're fake, she's doing a better job at drawing them than some people.

Posted

Oh yeah, sure! I commented in the parentheses because the Twitter's name is literally "my name is Kelly". Belle is a pretty name, too. And that's what she goes by! :alpacawink:

Oh, ans szandra: I'm actually not sure about Lunestelle's freckles. You made me curious, so I dug a little bit into her earlier pictures and can't tell if they've always been there (like, before the freckle fad) and in some of the earlier pictures, it looks like she doesn't... but she could have been covering them with makeup? They actually look pretty natural on her now. If they're fake, she's doing a better job at drawing them than some people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQmfFX5kbCM

She mentions them in her make up vid! They are faux but she states that she has very few natural freckles that she enhances with make-up. I honestly love the process she uses to execute them bc I actually could've been fooled that they were all natural (and don't come at me but I'm a sucker for the faux freckles trend, I love it)

Posted

Girl seems to had an interesting life going on for her. I think i read on some old Insta pictures she used to travel around for a while. She also seems to write and sing some songs of her own. I was iffy about her after i learned she re-watched Kenners but i want to give her another "chance" as i really like this aesthetic and i would like to follow a nice person who has adopted that "style"

Posted

I like Belle a lot. I've talked to her a couple times and she's been nothing but sweet and nice to me.

If anything, the inspiration she got from Kenna was to start the channel, if you go a bit back on her IG she did have the aesthetic going on. :alpacaheadshake:

I enjoy her videos, I like that she also intends to talk about books and cover songs apart from doing makeup turorials and such. Hope she uploads something soon :alpacacrush:

Posted (edited)

544.thumb.png.a5d1fb940eef8e46bc2c992287

Whiteknight much? lol :haiplz::happee:

Edited by mushroom

Posted (edited)

Spoiler for blogpost

I may sound like I'm stanning her or not listening to other people's reasonings, but Bella reminds me a lot of myself, and especially with what I am/was going through. I understand her following Kenna back as either an attempt to get away from all the hate coming her way, or because she feels like she she is now trapped in a corner morally. These were two positives I had considered when I was in a similar (and more dangerous) situation as her. Also, we don't know if Kenna could've suggested a followback as means of showing the reparations (read: trying to look "mature") between them. I've been speaking to Belle for a while and she has only been sweet and genuine to me, even when I'm ranted to her about how much I dislike Kenna's pack of wolves heard of sheep, she has she doesn't hate them, despite them hurting her. She said that she refuses to let them get to her because quote unquote "I'm not letting them take me down. There are too many good people here to let the bad people mar it all", I don't know about you guys, but that seems awfully different to Kenna shutting down her twitter (the first time) due to very very few criticisms. You can go on about her "wanting to profit off Kenna's fans" - but seriously? Would you blame her for that? I mean, she's only been left awful, horrible comments shrewd with misinformation and claims put upon her by Simply_Hypocritical ? It's only fair imo.. But still, there's evidence against these claims as Belle's instagram is a timeline of her interests & aesthetic theme which seem to be present waaay before Kenna has posted about them. 

If Lunestelle is the indie shop of her aesthetic, Kenna is the Urban Outfitters stealing that same design and selling it as a pin on a larger scale with no credit. By the time the shopper gets it, they think of it as a UO thing. 

wow. This is the best possible analogy, it's not even specific to Kenna and Belle, also with things like font, music, clothing, art. 

Edited by pale
apologies @twinkleskulls, I tried quoting you twice but it kept messing up and deleting the quote ':- /

Posted

Her pink hair is very pretty, I like that kinda tone.

Posted

This was mentioned in that other thread, so in response to it here:

IMG_8768.thumb.PNG.007c109eba41ade4e51fd

I dunno, I feel pretty bad for her. The Kenna crap was going on while her dog got sick (or hurt?) so it makes complete sense for her to lay low on the internet for a bit. I think her dog's OK now but after all that, if your online bully comes at you with an apology and you have the chance to smooth things over and move the fuck on, idk about you guys but I'd take that. It's not perfect and it allows Kenna to get away with her shit as usual, but Lunestelle's had it rough the last few months. It's not her job to champion the Expose Kenna movement going on, Kenna's brought her a lot of negativity as it is and girl deserves some peace.