• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

Random Chat Thread

2037 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I often feel like I'm not doing enough for the world around me. I want to donate more money, reduce my carbon footprint and aid those who are most in need. I have gone vegan, I shop majority of my clothes at second hand shops, I avoid single use plastic, I donate to a few charities and foundations... But it feels like it isn't enough. The pity is that I feel overwhelmed when I consider all the causes to which I can donate or the things I could do, and I am torn between loving mankind and hating it. 

My biggest dream is to one day build a school so that I will at least one day be able to leave behind a legacy which leads to better things for others and not just me. 

Do you guys have any dreams or thoughts like this? 

I totally get the feeling of wanting to leave behind a legacy which leads to improvements in other people's lives and maybe society as a whole (although for slightly different reasons) and the overwhelmingness that may come with it. Try not to stress too much about it and keep in mind that you're already doing more than a lot of other people, which is already something of an accomplishment

Edited by JunkFood

Posted

So I made my crush cookies and got him a gift for his bday. I've been second guessing myself since this morning from nerves and almost talked myself out of giving him the gift. Thankfully I still went for it and omfg I'm so glad I did!! I still don't know if anything will come out of this in the long run but I'm just so happy right now!!!  :alpacacrush:

school_rumble_02_-_hairhop1.gif

Posted

As of like 10 mins ago I'm officially a youtuber omg. Let's hope I actually keep up with it lmao. 

Posted

Nutella + rice is so damn good.

Posted

I s2g I just had to listen to a cashier talk about how great bananas are for few minutes, I'm not even exhaggerating. Meanwhile I was just standing there thinking "yes yes, they're such an innovative invention just gimme my fucking 'naner already :):):) "

She kept talking how handy they are, what you could do with them, and how amazing it was that you could bring them everywhere with you  

Posted (edited)

The interview for the position I applied for is on Friday. Awe jeez I hope i nail it lol I'm not very good at those, but I've  been running a scenario in my head lol hopefully it goes like that.

I hate the time so much though if I can even push it an hour that'll be sweet. Preferably I wanna keep being 10-6:30pm but hell ill even take 9-5 too... I DONT WANT TO BE HERE AT 7AM 

Edited by Sodapop

Posted

Accent guy who????? There's this super cute guy at my job.

GIF_(4).thumb.gif.1fd5a274130fb41d9b40df

As of like 10 mins ago I'm officially a youtuber omg. Let's hope I actually keep up with it lmao. 

lol Watch as someone accidentally makes a thread about you.

Posted (edited)

I'm honestly so jealous of how gorgeous all these middle school and early high school girls are nowadays :alpacaworry2:

I looked like a damn potato back then with my bermuda shorts, awkward hair, wide rimmed glasses, etc, yet all these girls now be completely skippin' their awkward teen phases and seem to only experience the glow up stage with their flawless hair, makeup, and outfits.

Edited by Jolie

Posted

Accent guy who????? There's this super cute guy at my job.

GIF_(4).thumb.gif.1fd5a274130fb41d9b40df

lol Watch as someone accidentally makes a thread about you.

LMAO WATCH MY ASS GET DRAGGED

But I doubt it lol I'm just playing mobile otome games :alpacaheadshake:

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by maiviam

Posted

Preeettttyyyy sure I just nailed the fuck out of that interview 

Image result for hair flip gif

Posted (edited)

I honestly do not know why I am writing something like this here. Usually I keep everything to myself. But hey, here goes nothing.

I am not doing well recently. Anxiety & depressing thoughts are suffocating me and I cannot manage to get rid of them as I normally do. Paranoia and phobias are growing stronger. I have a hard time leaving my home. I do not want people around me, I do not want people to see me, I fear human beings in general, just seeing them annoys me. I feel like everyone is watching me and judging me. Guys harass me often when I am just walking by. I am really sensitive to this and it affects my will to go out.

Yesterday I managed to jump in my car and hide in a park with my dog. I was at peace, I love sitting among trees, surrounded by nothing but nature and silence. I hate buildings. I hate cities. I hate the area I live in, people are hella noisy and ignorant.

I do not want to go into therapy again. I know (hope?) this is temporary. I am just so afraid of talking with anyone, even my bf. I do not want him to worry 'cause he has so many things to care for and I do not want to trigger him or make him think he is not enough for me or things like that. I love him so much, I want to feel better for him as well. I have hurt people in the past. I do not want to do that again. I am just so tired of struggling with all these voices in my head. It hurts like hell.

Edited by Banshee717

Posted

I honestly do not know why I am writing something like this here. Usually I keep everything to myself. But hey, here goes nothing.

I am not doing well recently. Anxiety & depressing thoughts are suffocating me and I cannot manage to get rid of them as I normally do. Paranoia and phobias are growing stronger. I have a hard time leaving my home. I do not want people around me, I do not want people to see me, I fear human beings in general, just seeing them annoys me. I feel like everyone is watching me and judging me. Guys harass me often when I am just walking by. I am really sensitive to this and it affects my will to go out.

Yesterday I managed to jump in my car and hide in a park with my dog. I was at peace, I love sitting among trees, surrounded by nothing but nature and silence. I hate buildings. I hate cities. I hate the area I live in, people are hella noisy and ignorant.

I do not want to go into therapy again. I know (hope?) this is temporary. I am just so afraid of talking with anyone, even my bf. I do not want him to worry 'cause he has so many things to care for and I do not want to trigger him or make him think he is not enough for me or things like that. I love him so much, I want to feel better for him as well. I have hurt people in the past. I do not want to do that again. I am just so tired of struggling with all these voices in my head. It hurts like hell.

maybe try taking a few personal days and retreat to a state/national park or something? Even going on a daily walk can help. Try finding more activities/hobbies you would like to do. Since you like nature you could try photography, hiking, rock climbing, canoeing, etc.

Hope things work out/get better for you! :alpacacrush:

Posted

BITCH POST MALONE IS 22 YEARS OLD???????

Posted

Is computer science, specifically computer game science a bearable major in terms of coursework? I love doing things that involve games, graphics, arts,visuals,etc... but I heard computer science is a really hard major because of stuff like math and coding. 

Im also considering Health science/Public health too. Honestly I don't know what I want to do in my life, but I just want a decent major that could help me make a living out of it in the future.