Random Chat Thread

1395 posts in this topic

Posted

In my country there is the unspoken rule that in order to pass you have to bribe the examiner. It is guaranteed that he's gonna fail you if you don't do it (yeah welcome to Balkans ¬¬). Are you sure that this doesn't happen in your country?

Oh yeah I'm sure it doesn't. I'm pretty sure I failed because of my own merits or in this case lack thereof :stoplz:  

Posted

Been a while.

BTW, thanks Toko, saying I'm one of the users you like with the current PULL. I like you too :) 

I have all my exams over and done with so I got the f out of London as soon as I could. Part of me wonders how old people on PULL perceive me to be lol. 'Tis all a secret though.

Anyway, exams were over about three weeks ago. I haven't been on PULL partly because I couldn't be bothered to catch up on many threads and partly because many of the threads I follow degraded a big bit and catching up with new threads isn't something I feel like doing currently. I get tired a lot lately.

sleepy_af.thumb.gif.fdfada7b799198ea564f

I started taking antidepressants but for now it's not long enough for them to have any profound effect on my state of mind. Been about a month on 20mg. I was initially on 10mg because I began during exams and didn't want to have the side effects of mental state getting even worse. All was good. Mentally, I am relatively okay except the occasional mind buzz, nothing out of the ordinary. Didn't want to go down the pill route, but after my father convincing me they helped him in the past I decided to give it a go. If nothing else helps, maybe this could.

Either way, I've missed you all. I really do love PULL despite the occasional flaws and thread derails, overall I enjoy the sense of community with members who are settled and with whom I have established a rapport. Sure, we are fucking assholes sometimes but that's most of the fun of it. At the same time, I appreciate PULL for being one of the more balanced forums. I mean, not perfectly so, but much nicer and reasonable than lolcow in most circumstances lol. Yeah, I ramble. Tbh I try to abstain from showing any emotion, but damn, love y'all.

Posted

:alpacadone: Where do you live?? so I can move there, and take the test and move back

Yeah.. I want to try the test again in two weeks so im going to practice my ass off until then

the southern part of the US :happee:

I hope you get it on the next test! Let us know how the next one goes. Just remember YOU CAN DO IT!! 

Posted

The ending made me cryyyy.

bruhh we also watched one fine day season 1 too!!! the ending almost made me cry... UNTIL THEIR LAST GAME HAHAA

also ugh ik minghao had less screen time but there were instances that made my heart skip a beat for him

Posted

bruhh we also watched one fine day season 1 too!!! the ending almost made me cry... UNTIL THEIR LAST GAME HAHAA

also ugh ik minghao had less screen time but there were instances that made my heart skip a beat for him

They’re going to LA

Been a while.

BTW, thanks Toko, saying I'm one of the users you like with the current PULL. I like you too :) 

I have all my exams over and done with so I got the f out of London as soon as I could. Part of me wonders how old people on PULL perceive me to be lol. 'Tis all a secret though.

Anyway, exams were over about three weeks ago. I haven't been on PULL partly because I couldn't be bothered to catch up on many threads and partly because many of the threads I follow degraded a big bit and catching up with new threads isn't something I feel like doing currently. I get tired a lot lately.

sleepy_af.thumb.gif.fdfada7b799198ea564f

I started taking antidepressants but for now it's not long enough for them to have any profound effect on my state of mind. Been about a month on 20mg. I was initially on 10mg because I began during exams and didn't want to have the side effects of mental state getting even worse. All was good. Mentally, I am relatively okay except the occasional mind buzz, nothing out of the ordinary. Didn't want to go down the pill route, but after my father convincing me they helped him in the past I decided to give it a go. If nothing else helps, maybe this could.

Either way, I've missed you all. I really do love PULL despite the occasional flaws and thread derails, overall I enjoy the sense of community with members who are settled and with whom I have established a rapport. Sure, we are fucking assholes sometimes but that's most of the fun of it. At the same time, I appreciate PULL for being one of the more balanced forums. I mean, not perfectly so, but much nicer and reasonable than lolcow in most circumstances lol. Yeah, I ramble. Tbh I try to abstain from showing any emotion, but damn, love y'all.

You’re back House-kun!!

Posted

I'm so sick of people, especially my parents, pushing their religion on me. I told them I was an athiest few months ago. This was kinda a big deal for me since I live in a country that is overly religious. My whole family, distant relatives included, all grew up as very religious individuals (& also extremely homophobic). 

I've kept this a secret for a long time (4 years), I wanted them to know because there are some things I don't want to do with them that is against my beliefs (or lack of). I expected my mother and my father to accept it. It doesn't matter to me whether or not we have the same opinions on things, I just wanted them to accept me for who I am.  Anyways, my mother basically pulled the victim card saying that "I'm just doing this to hurt them" or "I'm just rebelling against them" or "I am a failure of a parent if my daughter is not a christian", when in actuality I was not. And when I tried to explain my side to her, she wouldn't listen to me, just kept crying or shouting at me. This resulted to me not having any lunch money for two weeks, not being able to access the internet since  I got "funny" ideas from it and just her basically belittling me and insulting me every time we are in the same room. (Yes, my mother is a manipulative person and I think she doesn't realize that)

From that day on, she and my father heavily pushed their religious beliefs to me. It was now mandatory to attend the mass every Sunday, praying the rosary every Saturday and just praying. Just a movement in church and I warrant a stare from them, or a reprimanding. Not to mention she would kept on mentioning to god "please forgive people who are in DOUBT" or "in DENIAL" about his existence. She kept on tryna guilt trip me into believe her almighty god.

The thing that really made me smad/ disappointed was that she told her uncle who was a priest. I fully gave her my trust and she disregarded it. It's not like I am ashamed of my beliefs or anything, I just want to hide my religion from other people who are my family because I know for sure how narrow minded some are. I feel like if I just openly say I'm an athiest to them, they would isolate me and shit. 

I hate how my parents prioritize their religion over me, their own daughter. I just want them to see me for who I am, not some reflection of themselves or who they want to be. I want to have a relationship with them without involving religion or their god.

Sorry for the long ass post, I really just needed to vent. :-/

Posted

I'm so sick of people, especially my parents, pushing their religion on me. I told them I was an athiest few months ago. This was kinda a big deal for me since I live in a country that is overly religious. My whole family, distant relatives included, all grew up as very religious individuals (& also extremely homophobic). 

I've kept this a secret for a long time (4 years), I wanted them to know because there are some things I don't want to do with them that is against my beliefs (or lack of). I expected my mother and my father to accept it. It doesn't matter to me whether or not we have the same opinions on things, I just wanted them to accept me for who I am.  Anyways, my mother basically pulled the victim card saying that "I'm just doing this to hurt them" or "I'm just rebelling against them" or "I am a failure of a parent if my daughter is not a christian", when in actuality I was not. And when I tried to explain my side to her, she wouldn't listen to me, just kept crying or shouting at me. This resulted to me not having any lunch money for two weeks, not being able to access the internet since  I got "funny" ideas from it and just her basically belittling me and insulting me every time we are in the same room. (Yes, my mother is a manipulative person and I think she doesn't realize that)

From that day on, she and my father heavily pushed their religious beliefs to me. It was now mandatory to attend the mass every Sunday, praying the rosary every Saturday and just praying. Just a movement in church and I warrant a stare from them, or a reprimanding. Not to mention she would kept on mentioning to god "please forgive people who are in DOUBT" or "in DENIAL" about his existence. She kept on tryna guilt trip me into believe her almighty god.

The thing that really made me smad/ disappointed was that she told her uncle who was a priest. I fully gave her my trust and she disregarded it. It's not like I am ashamed of my beliefs or anything, I just want to hide my religion from other people who are my family because I know for sure how narrow minded some are. I feel like if I just openly say I'm an athiest to them, they would isolate me and shit. 

I hate how my parents prioritize their religion over me, their own daughter. I just want them to see me for who I am, not some reflection of themselves or who they want to be. I want to have a relationship with them without involving religion or their god.

Sorry for the long ass post, I really just needed to vent. :-/

Rosary? Are they Catholic?

'Cause if they are.. I think it was best you kept that secret to yourself honestly. And since her brother is a priest... I'm not sure which way you expected this to go, I'm quite surprised they haven't kicked you out of the house because of something like this. I'm religious but I do believe you should believe in what you want, hang in there though.  

Posted

Rosary? Are they Catholic?

'Cause if they are.. I think it was best you kept that secret to yourself honestly. And since her brother is a priest... I'm not sure which way you expected this to go, I'm quite surprised they haven't kicked you out of the house because of something like this. I'm religious but I do believe you should believe in what you want, hang in there though.  

Yep, Roman Catholic specifically. Well, since they are my only source of money I couldn't do anything. I plan on leaving though after I get my own job.

Posted

They’re going to LA

You’re back House-kun!!

omg what really- when is this??? we're not done with the last ep and we also have OFD japan too!!

Posted

YALL I FAILED MY DRIVING TEST AGAIN. I DID EVERYTHING CORRECT THIS TIME BUT I CANT FUCKING PARALLEL PARK I KNEW THAT WAS GOING TO FUCK ME UP. WHY IS THIS  ON THE TEST MAN. HAD IT NOT BEEN I WOULD'VE HAD MY LICENSE. I CAN FUCKING DRIVE ALRIGHT JUST GIVE IT TO ME

Image result for funny crying anime girl GIF

HAHAHAHAHAHA I STILL HAVEN'T PASSED MINE EITHER

Posted

Congratulations to Jurina for finally becoming Queen of 48G! 🎉

Posted

omg what really- when is this??? we're not done with the last ep and we also have OFD japan too!!

KCon and I’m guessing they’re coming yup with tour dates too.

Who’s your bias?

Posted

They’re going to LA

You’re back House-kun!!

HI! Missed you, mushroom--chan :) 

Posted

I've been thinking about buying Hitler's book Mein Kampf 

Image result for let me finish gif

No I'm not a Nazi lmfao I feel like I have to make that abundantly clear before I say anything else. I've been thinking about buying it for years, I've heard it was written very poorly but I think I made up my mind that I do want to read it. At first I wanted to study German first so I didn't have to rely on the translations since there could be something lost in translation but I don't care that much anymore. LOL I feel like my ass really going to get shot if I even attempt to read it outside of my own house. The book on Amazon has a blank cover (but theres others with him as the cover and the Nazi flag and I am not that bold omg). He's always been interesting to me. The fact that he had so many people wrapped around his finger is so bizarre to me. Of course many of them were following out of fear but others were following because they truly believed in everything he said. Pathetic, he was a shell of a man and his mistress was ugly. He was coward till the very end haha if he really believed what he was spouting he should've let himself get caught.

Posted

I've been thinking about buying Hitler's book Mein Kampf 

Image result for let me finish gif

No I'm not a Nazi lmfao I feel like I have to make that abundantly clear before I say anything else. I've been thinking about buying it for years, I've heard it was written very poorly but I think I made up my mind that I do want to read it. At first I wanted to study German first so I didn't have to rely on the translations since there could be something lost in translation but I don't care that much anymore. LOL I feel like my ass really going to get shot if I even attempt to read it outside of my own house. The book on Amazon has a blank cover (but theres others with him as the cover and the Nazi flag and I am not that bold omg). He's always been interesting to me. The fact that he had so many people wrapped around his finger is so bizarre to me. Of course many of them were following out of fear but others were following because they truly believed in everything he said. Pathetic, he was a shell of a man and his mistress was ugly. He was coward till the very end haha if he really believed what he was spouting he should've let himself get caught.

I don't blame you, then again, where me and mum volunteers a copy came in and now I own it. I haven't read it yet but I plan to do so soon. Besides, when I read that you wanted to buy it, my first thought was "I hope you do, it might be an interesting read for you"