• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Random Chat Thread

2407 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

test

Edited by GrannyPanty
Nope, doesn't work

Posted

So I was wondering has anybody heard of qbox or japan crate or dokidoki crates? There's this controversy onine that the crates sometimes come with nock off items instead of the real items made in Japan by their brand name. Has anybody gotten on of these crates? 

Posted

IDK where to post this but anyone remember Juria Nakagawa? She looks really different these days. At least she doesn't hide her chin that much anymore. She used to be really insecure about it it seems. Did she do something to it though or is it just me? (Couldn't be bothered to find same angled pics)

juria.jpg

Posted

Btw, are there any threads that y'all want to be recreated? Like, summarized with a lil bit of info from PULL 1.0?

I, or some other member reading this might, be up for it.

I've been trying to find CamilaKilla's thread from PULL 1.0 but I can't find it :( I want to summarize it because a lot of things from there are not on her thread here.. https://web.archive.org/web/20141007131839/http://prettyuglylittleliar.freeforums.org/mila-mortice-f58.html

Posted (edited)

In case someone's wondering why there is suddenly an icon under your post count:

specifically this
xrlHdsz.png?2

We have a reputation function where you basically get a title and a badge based on how many likes/dislikes you have. We haven't used this function in the past, but we're considering doing that in the near future. Right now, I'm just playing around with it to see what would look good. If you have any input/suggestions, then I'd really appreciate it!

Edited by johndoe

Posted

In case someone's wondering why there is suddenly an icon under your post count:

specifically this
xrlHdsz.png?2

We have a reputation function where you basically get a title and a badge based on how many likes/dislikes you have. We haven't used this function in the past, but we're considering doing that in the near future. Right now, I'm just playing around with it to see what would look good. If you have any input/suggestions, then I'd really appreciate it!

I just notcied that! I like it. :happee:

It seems a bit more descriptive than just the overall rep. count. If we could use tiny snowflake faces for bad reputations that'd be awesome. (Idk if that's possible)

Posted

Cherries and lollipops... I feel like you're trying to tell us something important :haiplz:

Posted

specifically this
xrlHdsz.png?2

It seems a bit more descriptive than just the overall rep. count. If we could use tiny snowflake faces for bad reputations that'd be awesome. (Idk if that's possible)

Hmm I think it'd be hard to make super small icons of snowflakes. Atleast whenever I try to resize something to the tiny size that the current icons are, it always turns out looking like blurry shit :alpacadone:

Cherries and lollipops... I feel like you're trying to tell us something important :haiplz:

I chose these icons because they're the smallest pixels I could find.. I have no idea what you're thinking of lmao

Posted

specifically this
xrlHdsz.png?2

Hmm I think it'd be hard to make super small icons of snowflakes. Atleast whenever I try to resize something to the tiny size that the current icons are, it always turns out looking like blurry shit :alpacadone: 

Yeah, I can see that being a pain. 

Posted

You can also start off with pixel snowflakes and after like 3 flakes, they evolve into turds like Marg now has. :haiplz:

Posted

So this is gonna seem kind of random but I know this girl who's art is really popular on tumblr. She does a lot of anime/video game art and I know some of it's traced. I found one instance of it and lined it up with the original and the faces line up too well for it to be a reference image.

I'm trying to track down more but it's quite hard because I'm not sure where she would get her images from. She uses images, traces over it for a base then modifies it so it looks like it's not traced.

Does anyone have any advice on maybe where to post to get help to track down the images or any sites I could go to? I'm googling like mad right now to try and find more images she's traced over but so far no luck besides one.

Posted

So this is gonna seem kind of random but I know this girl who's art is really popular on tumblr. She does a lot of anime/video game art and I know some of it's traced. I found one instance of it and lined it up with the original and the faces line up too well for it to be a reference image.

I'm trying to track down more but it's quite hard because I'm not sure where she would get her images from. She uses images, traces over it for a base then modifies it so it looks like it's not traced.

Does anyone have any advice on maybe where to post to get help to track down the images or any sites I could go to? I'm googling like mad right now to try and find more images she's traced over but so far no luck besides one.

What's her username? (You can PM me too, if you don't want to share right now because of a "lack of evidence" or something). You can probably post it on online personalities since it says in the description that you can pretty much talk about anyone there. I don't think Google reverse image search would be much help, but I had a classmate whom I discovered was tracing too, and when he posts something new what I usually do is to try to think of what he would search for when he's trying to draw something (e.g. "pug doodle"). It's not guaranteed to work, but it has worked for me a couple of times. Sorry if this isn't much help. :alpacabored:

Posted (edited)

Do you guys like the bronze, silver and gold badges? ba1.thumb.png.bac5ad3c413ea685cf341c96a5ba2.thumb.png.120a23cfa419d7c6f8c89308ceba3.thumb.png.3ad0f074543218520a5ffb677a

I feel like they look worse than the lollipop and cherry, but make a little bit more sense perhaps?

tumblr_inline_mz647yi4LG1r9ajsd.thumb.pn or would stars be better

edit; also added a snowflake for those with negative rep for now
aknPl5T.png?1

and for those who haven't seen the margo thing:
margpoops.thumb.png.37fe3e4636bcab6021dd
marglel.thumb.png.a27105aa7318b52fbbe18b

Edited by johndoe

Posted

the snowflake is da best one. 

And i think I like the stars best tbh

Posted

I don't know who this artist is, but they obviously do what's called composite tracing, where they trace over different images and compile them into one image (for example, using Miku Hatsune's head and using that with a traced Super Sonico body) to make it seem at least somewhat original. It's possible that they just search for images and take apart ones that they like. I'd be super interested to see this person's art.