• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Random Chat Thread

2220 posts in this topic

Posted

idek what to feel rn.

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by maiviam

Posted

Several people said I was ugly and I wore too much makeup for my cosplay, and my wimpy bitch ass has been crying about it for like a month. I deleted all of my social media and gave up cosplaying because of it too. Someone give me a thread I’m so fucking weak these days lmao

whoever said that is horrible. I’ve seen people who specifically target cosplayers they don’t like and insult them and those people have no lives. Keep in mind that whoever called you ugly probably has a lot of problems with themselves and are projecting, or they’re someone with a lot of hate inside. I’m sure you aren’t ugly and if you love cosplay don’t let strangers with nothing better to do bring you down 

Posted

My neighbors downstairs were being so loud

Like starting at 10pm they started playing some really loud tv or music. Whatever it is, the bass is so strong it shakes the floors/walls. And we live in a pretty nice apartment. I never hear the people next to us or anything (we live on the top floor). Like how loud is their stereo?! 

So I decided since they like playing loud bass at midnight, I like running across my apartment at midnight. Lolz

I only did it for maybe 5 seconds (compared to their 3 hours of whatever) but they came upstairs and knocked. I chickened out and didn't answer lol. 

What am I supposed to do in these situations? I know running back and forth was super petty and I regret it. 

I recommend initiating a group chat (using an app like Group.Me or something). Our building has one and it was started by a neighbor a year or so ago who went around and left us notes with the details on joining. It’s perfect because you can be passive about the complaints. “Hey, someone's dog is howling” or “Can whoever please turn down their Game of Thrones viewing party stereo?” Even when you know who it is and shoot them a DM, it’s all around less anxiety inducing than door knocking. 

Several people said I was ugly and I wore too much makeup for my cosplay, and my wimpy bitch ass has been crying about it for like a month. I deleted all of my social media and gave up cosplaying because of it too. Someone give me a thread I’m so fucking weak these days lmao

Just have to say, I can relate! Spent a few years in the cosplay community. I really enjoyed the creativity of making cosplays, attending cons, and doing the photo shoots. The people ruin it. There are plenty of others who lucked out with a good cosplay friend group and are able to ignore the negativity, but I think even they agree that the toxicity is ever present.  

Posted

I was so confident about going to acting classes next year but its expensive and, instead of help me, its like actors try to bring you down, I did watch a video of an actor saying that an actor's worst enemy is another actor, didnt believe it till I joined a forum and started asking around tbh. 

Posted

the day has not yet even started and i'm about to go to sleep even its early in the morning but i just want this day to be a happy one cos its my birthday. i hope it doesn't rain and have a typhoon like last year tho on my 22nd birthday.

Posted (edited)

I have a student who I'm pretty sure is gay, but I don't want to assume. I've noticed the boys and the English teacher kind of side eye him.. Some of the boys don't care at all. He mainly hangs out with the girls and seems pretty friendly. He'll talk to both me and my coworker quite a lot. When my coworker wasn't with me the other day during lunchtime, I noticed one of the boys in his class kept teasing him. He was obviously very uncomfortable and came up to me after school to ask if I noticed who left broccoli on his desk (I didn't, but it 100% was that boy who was teasing him). 

Anyway, today we passed him in the hallway and he said something but I wasn't really paying attention. I just knew my coworker was uncomfortable. I asked him what the kid said to him, and he muttered, "Creepy f*cking guy". This really bothered me and I immediately responded, "What? He's not creepy, what did he say?" but he never told me. I get zero creepy vibes from this boy and I've had creepy students. I can't help but feel like this might be homophobia.. He's made subtle homophobic comments before, especially about figure skaters since that's my favourite sport. 

I've had personal issues with this coworker, but I'm not gonna tolerate him saying things like this about students. Agh, I'm mad..

Edited by aruku_around

Posted

nothing much happened today but my uncle gave me money so i bought a cake and two number candles to make it a birthday cake also bought two ice creams. my mom said once she receive her money from selling a property that we will celebrate my birthday, it will be late by then but that's fine with me.

Posted

I'm so bored with my life 

Posted

I wish Concorde was still flying. 

Posted

I hate my anxiety so much

if i did something that was quite out of place for a normal life, my anxiety would eat me up and I can't stop thinking about my action :(((( like i always overreact and just exaggerate the whole thing and then worry about it. I hate it :((

Posted

when people post multiple photos of themselves and fish for compliments by being all "im so ugly" i just want to say "yeah youre right youre ugly as fuck" but ill be nice act like i didnt see anything and say nothing.

Posted

Went to a Taemin concert. I think this was my first pop concert? lol Anyway, it was awesome. He's an amazing performer. I wish I could've been closer to the stage area because he's so beautiful.

Posted

Really random but has any of you guys bring watercolour paints on the airplane before? my friend said sometimes the security doesn't allow... but I don't wanna put my w&n cotman inside my luggage bc I'm afraid it'll break. The flight from UK to Thailand is sooo long I wanna paint on the plane as well lol I think watercolour pans are no restricted but my friend said it is so I'm not sure :/// 

Posted

Really random but has any of you guys bring watercolour paints on the airplane before? my friend said sometimes the security doesn't allow... but I don't wanna put my w&n cotman inside my luggage bc I'm afraid it'll break. The flight from UK to Thailand is sooo long I wanna paint on the plane as well lol I think watercolour pans are no restricted but my friend said it is so I'm not sure :/// 

Just put any liquids, including pens, in your plastic bag. Then it's no problem at all. Anything dry can be brought on the plane normally in your bag.