• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Random Chat Thread

2226 posts in this topic

Posted

Thanks and I hope it turns out well for you too :) Good to spend time with better people! I definitely know this is a big weight off my chest.

I won't miss her much because we weren't close in a sense, like one thing was she wouldn't tell me anything about herself like any bfs, where she works (we're not in the same field) yet she interrogates and wants to know every single thing about my life (and sometimes accuses me of hiding things). Frustration days over!! :D 

Sorry if i am too late to comment on the topic but i guess when the friendship is demanding/toxic/especially long, it takes alot of courge and energy to end it. I am glad you both Qualle and Zach had mastered the needed strength to go through with it. It took me about 2 years to notice the signs in a friendship that lasted a total of 10 years. I was hesitant and scared and lost, but i couldnt deal with how pained i felt that everything given was one-sided to the point of being blamed if my habits changed or i was late to give something in an occassion. It was hard at first as at the end the person said some nasty things at the final stage. what of my personality being too dependent and having a weak will or being too emotionally attached to people that it is sickening( i still blame my lack of control though). It has been about 3 months now as far as i am concerned and it gets better. your eyes see the world through your own filter not this shadow controlliing or restricting you. It takes time to get used to your own self (personally taking decisions on my own without referring to that person is still new to me). I hope you find people who truly appreciate you for who you truly are without conditions or rules or demands to have your personalities modified to fit their own needs. Everyone deserves to be treated fairly and kindly. :alpacacrush:

it's my birthday tomorrow, but for some reason, i'm not excited. probs because i don't get gifts.

happy belated birthday <3

Posted

So guys I finally did it. I finally reapplied to this place I originally worked at and left for my current toxic job because thought it would be better. Now that I know it's not really greener on the other side I am hoping with my connections I can get a job, and ultimately come back home. What's sad is I would get paid more than I do now :P 

Anyway I have decided I am going back to school too when I come back and the place I am working at will help with that. I have decided if I am going to be forced to teach people I am going to become a professor and smother people with my love of W.B. Yeats and Poirot! although I will probably be stuck doing composition classes first but better than what I do now! 

Also I will be able to come back home and that is the most important thing. 

period cramp sucks.

Heating pad and avil if you have any!

Posted

I feel like the James/Tati drama is a huge publicity stunt lol

Posted

Think I might take a long break away from the Internet, from Instagram, from here, from anywhere. Just see how I feel away from social media since I'm always on it. 

Posted

Sorry if i am too late to comment on the topic but i guess when the friendship is demanding/toxic/especially long, it takes alot of courge and energy to end it. I am glad you both Qualle and Zach had mastered the needed strength to go through with it. It took me about 2 years to notice the signs in a friendship that lasted a total of 10 years. I was hesitant and scared and lost, but i couldnt deal with how pained i felt that everything given was one-sided to the point of being blamed if my habits changed or i was late to give something in an occassion. It was hard at first as at the end the person said some nasty things at the final stage. what of my personality being too dependent and having a weak will or being too emotionally attached to people that it is sickening( i still blame my lack of control though). It has been about 3 months now as far as i am concerned and it gets better. your eyes see the world through your own filter not this shadow controlliing or restricting you. It takes time to get used to your own self (personally taking decisions on my own without referring to that person is still new to me). I hope you find people who truly appreciate you for who you truly are without conditions or rules or demands to have your personalities modified to fit their own needs. Everyone deserves to be treated fairly and kindly. :alpacacrush:

Same goes for you, hope you are surrounded by lovely and positive people who appreciate and treat you right!! <3

Posted

happy belated birthday <3

thank you <3

Posted

my friend told me that chick fila allegedly gives some of their money to gay conversion therapy so I really want to stop eating there but I keep eating there… I haven't really looked up if there's any evidence to corroborate this, though, I'm wondering if it was just something that my friend heard on tumblr or something  

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by maiviam

Posted

It sucks to lose an online friend and they just vanish from their everything one day. Hope you're okay Altaris. I miss you.

Posted

i wish my curls would just show.

Posted

i wish my curls would just show.

talking about hair made me remember the time i put hair removal cream on my head

Posted

Please go vote tomorrow if you're from Europe. Really.

(personally I'm too awkward to go vote in person, so I'm really grateful that we're allowed to vote via letter) 

Posted

(hope it's ok to vent here a bit..) Been MIA around PULL for a little while because of the paperwork I'm finishing up in preparation for my Master's studies abroad. I'm almost done with everything except my visa, which my interview will be next week... Actually so relieved that I managed to get the full scholarship that I applied for this year.. because if I had been rejected, I was going to have to stick around with my current company (that is unfortunately going downhill because of our incompetent directors), while I try to re-apply for that scholarship... I just wanted my ass out of there after 4 solid years. It's really too bad because the previous directors were great. Anyway.. yea this will be my first time studying overseas and though I'm looking forward to it, I'm also really, really anxious because I've never done anything like this before. I'm being provided accommodation and a monthly stipend, but I'm honestly worried that the monthly stipend won't be enough to cover the basics because the cost of living there is incredibly high. I'm gonna have to be extra thrifty but if that doesn't cut it, gonna get an on-campus job if I'm allowed to. Also worried if I can remember "how to study". My lecturer used to advise us not to stay "too long" in the workforce if we ever plan to further our studies and I kinda get what he means now after being in the field. I'm also afraid that I won't be able live up to my sponsor's expectations. Perhaps I'm really over-worrying and over-thinking it. Idk.. The worrywart in me is really at its worst and i've been falling ill more often than usual for the past few months. I just hope everything turns out ok (and hopefully all this worrying is for naught..) 

Posted

talking about hair made me remember the time i put hair removal cream on my head

wait what? how? what? why?

Posted

Please go vote tomorrow if you're from Europe. Really.

(personally I'm too awkward to go vote in person, so I'm really grateful that we're allowed to vote via letter) 

I'm proud of you for still voting and not just staying at home without choosing another way to vote!! I already voted in the morning