• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Random Chat Thread

2409 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I feel like a lot of people here are in the same place as me. I got tried of applying for jobs and nothing coming through

I'm going back to school this fall!!!  

Edited by Notsurewhattonamemyself

Posted

CONGRATS!! I MISS U AND YOUR POSTS :alpacacrush:

Image result for ANIME HUG GIF

Thank you! and I'm surprised that I was missed tbh LOL 

Posted

Mess, I don't have a clear picture of what I want to do for a living and I am 20 in post-secondary school.

Posted

Lately i've been watching asian movies (horror and suspense mostly) and i love it 

Posted

applied online for a job overseas today and kinda scared cos i feel underqualified since i have a different working experience than the one i'm applying for.

Posted

I think I'm addicted to blueberries after not eating them for almost 29 years. Why are they so expensive, ugh...

Look up when they come in season locally, if possible where you live! You can go blueberry picking or to farmers' markets and pick up tonnnsss for way cheaper that way. I suggest freezing a good amount of them for cold treats on hot days this summer :D They are usually up in late May / early June near me, for reference. 

Posted

Look up when they come in season locally, if possible where you live! You can go blueberry picking or to farmers' markets and pick up tonnnsss for way cheaper that way. I suggest freezing a good amount of them for cold treats on hot days this summer :D They are usually up in late May / early June near me, for reference. 

Uh, nope, there's definitely no blueberry picking over here, only strawberries and cherries if you're lucky. There aren't even hot days over here in Germany for more than a week, so yeah, no need for freezing either. I'll just have to pay extra because apparently they're not available regionally here before July 🤷‍♀

Posted

Uh, nope, there's definitely no blueberry picking over here, only strawberries and cherries if you're lucky. There aren't even hot days over here in Germany for more than a week, so yeah, no need for freezing either. I'll just have to pay extra because apparently they're not available regionally here before July 🤷‍♀

Nooo! I am blessed to live in a region where they grow in the wild naturally. (I still eat frozen blueberries year round he he) 

Posted

I wish it weren't illegal to pick bluebonnets... like come on let me pick one, just one

Posted

been listening to the all american rejects - gives you hell, bowling for soup - high school never ends and falling in reverse - bad girls club for a few days now.

Posted

first time writing here but I legit feel like shit so I need to let it out. 

is anyone else super super scared for the future and what happens after university? I am starting uni this fall and I will most likely study fashion studies (not design, STUDIES). and I love fashion but it scares me shitless that I won’t be able to find a job after this because it’s not a spelled-out career programme so to speak, it’s not like studying to become an engineer or a doctor.

anyone in the same boat that can make me relieve this damn anxiety because I legit feel like I’m the only one in my friend circle that is doing something as risky as this.

Posted

is anyone else super super scared for the future and what happens after university? I am starting uni this fall and I will most likely study fashion studies (not design, STUDIES). and I love fashion but it scares me shitless that I won’t be able to find a job after this because it’s not a spelled-out career programme so to speak, it’s not like studying to become an engineer or a doctor.

anyone in the same boat that can make me relieve this damn anxiety because I legit feel like I’m the only one in my friend circle that is doing something as risky as this.

IMO, if you have the degree and the experience to back it up, you’ll be fine! So maybe, if you haven’t already look into it, find a retail job (higher end/ or just a retail job) if you can. Also do an internship so you can build your fashion experience. 

If things don’t work out in that, it’s always good to have basic administrative skills. Let’s say you do end up getting a fashion degree but life doesn’t do accordingly where you’ll get a job in that field, it’ll be OKAY. Having a college degree will be good because it’ll show you completed something. But build experience in a multitude of things and you will be able to find something.

i have a degree in biology but for the last 7 years I’ve been doing more non-profit, admin, program coordinating work (so more business in a sense). 

Posted

i have an associate's degree in computer animation yet i had customer service agent/representative experience since 2015, i haven't taken a job in the field i studied which my parents look down on me for but that doesn't mean i won't ever try. i can always do animation jobs by myself (freelance) however i need to self-learn most stuffs that i forgot. i've set my mind to become a webcomic artist and i will achieve that slowly, baby steps. it's my passion and dream.

Posted

I am SO PUMPED for the cold weather!!!!! I don't even care that the cold triggers my asthma, I'm so excited to rug up all nice and warm again! AND BE ABLE TO WEAR JEANS WITHOUT DYING OF HEATSTROKE!!!!!

Can't wait for the start of June because I'll be dropping out of online uni and I'm gonna start a graphic design course at my community college next year! Everything's comin' up Millhouse! 

Posted

i have an associate's degree in computer animation yet i had customer service agent/representative experience since 2015, i haven't taken a job in the field i studied which my parents look down on me for but that doesn't mean i won't ever try. i can always do animation jobs by myself (freelance) however i need to self-learn most stuffs that i forgot. i've set my mind to become a webcomic artist and i will achieve that slowly, baby steps. it's my passion and dream.

lemme know when you do your first so i can devour it :3