• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

Random Chat Thread

1965 posts in this topic

Posted

Group presentation in t-minus 12 hours. And lo and behold, I don't want to do it. I thought it was going to be 30 minutes, but nope. It has to be a full hour.

:alpacaworry::alpacaworry::alpacaworry::alpacaworry:

To add to that, the whole project will be group graded. And I feel like I half-assed my share. I don't want to get anything lower than an A. But I did have eye surgery last week, so I couldn't work on it for long periods of time. They already know, but still. Maybe we should come to an agreement to only take tiny points off our final grade, so that the professor won't get suspicious of all us getting 100s.

Oh, well. Guess I'll have to stretch out my parts as long as humanely possible.

Posted

I jumped on the oatmilk train and all I have to say is choo choo friends, all aboard 

Posted

I jumped on the oatmilk train and all I have to say is choo choo friends, all aboard 

My dad loves oatmilk. But idk, I find it a little...pulpy? I still like soymilk better.

especially chinese soymilk mmmm

Posted

:harharplz:got an 87 on the test i thought i'd fail

why is my reward deciding to smoke 3 menthols tonight when i swore i'd stop? that's more like punishment

Posted (edited)

Presentation just wrapped up. The professor critiqued each and every one of our slides, but he said we did a good job overall. He just ripped into our presentation so that the other groups would learn from us and do better.

And the project only had to last 30 minutes, not an hour. Thank God for that.

Update: Aced it ^_^

Edited by Pretense

Posted

i have to wait til holy week is over next week before i can get my last pay and get my tooth (that fell off) fixed so hang on there tooth. why i have to wait bc both of my parents don't have money (my dad does but its not enough and he won't give sometimes, my mom is a housewife) to pay for the dentist.

Posted

Finally got a new cell phone after mine's got stolen 

Posted

even if my dream today was a bit confusing as usual cos it changes from one event or setting to another but there was one that made me really happy and i wish it would come true.

Posted

I was back in my home state last week and I felt at ease? I guess the past month/weeks have been very stressful for me, that being back in a “relaxing” and “slower pace of life” area has been calming. While I was there, I enjoyed myself and discovered how much I miss the simplicity of things and how much nicer ppl are down there. I also love how it has grown to be more vibrant and quirky. 

I low key miss it and would like to move back, but there’s nothing much for me there anymore. I have my core group of friends here up north and I think it’s important to have at least 1-2 good friends around irl so that makes me not wanting to move back (and other reasons like getting bored of my home city all over again).

Posted

i'm tired of having boogers ,fucking allergies 

Posted

Hey guys trying to type while crying but I made it t the second part of the interview. I...I am so happy. It's not in the best area but it's close to home and that's all I care about.Like 30 minutes close to home. Oh man I am so happy you guys. I just. So happy <3

Posted

Does anyone else find themselves writing more formally after finals? I get super conscious of my writing after finals and it’s super annoying. It’s gonna take me a few days to get over this lol

Posted (edited)

I always feel that way about writing after I do a particularly accomplished bout of binge writing for school so it's not just you.

my creativity swells from temporarily busting my ass on lit and eng assignments or when I'm actually productive on writing my fictional crap, to binge longerhand writing leads to a more productive sense of mindset, improved vocab and sentence structure, unlike when I'm fucking sedentary  

Edited by notthebees

Posted

My dad loves oatmilk. But idk, I find it a little...pulpy? I still like soymilk better.

especially chinese soymilk mmmm

oatmilk is especially delicious in smoothies! But yeah I know what you mean, i find it much heavier than soy and almond milk. Chinese and Japanese soymilk is so bomb. The original flavor is great but I love black sesame and chocolate too ❤️

Posted

I just discovered a few mukbang channels that are so wholesome and imo much better than those flashy ones :alpacacrush: i came across a grandma enjoying grape jelly, and another one where the guy always eats with his parents. The food is really simple but I like it like that because it brings out the cultural side :alpacaheadshake:

on another topic, im having my driving test soon. I'm worried about changing lanes and stop signs the most and honestly i dont even know if there's actually any helpful tips for that. I've been driving just fine but my anxiety always gets in the way when under pressure, so im scared it might affect my performance.