Overpriced Brands

80 posts in this topic

Posted

surprised no one has mentioned this site, but KYC Vintage. i caught them during a sale and their shirts were really cheap (like $2, $3 a pop) but shipping was like $20??? and my order was within the US . . . anyway it took so long for my shirts to come in that i forgot what i had even ordered. i expected gildan quality for such cheap prices, but a part of me expected it to be higher quality based on the wait and the shipping price.

but i will give them credit and say i've worn all of the shirts several times and the designs aren't fading as quickly as i thought they would, if at all (fingers crossed).

i looked there before and tried ordering but $28 USD shipping to canada .... yeah no thanks :alpacadone: a total rip-off

Posted

Nikki Lipstick ($50 shipping to Australia!), O-Mighty, Victoria's Secret.

Posted (edited)

Ooh boy, it's hard to do skincare because a lot of people believe expensive = more effective and better quality. I'm not cheap with my skincare but who am I kidding? Here I am using supermarket sunscreen. 

Drunk Elephant: I've tried their deluxe sample sets and I think the only thing worth the coin is C Firma (AU$116 for 30mL). It's not to say that the others are not effective, but it's overpriced. You could definitely find AHA and BHA from less expensive brands. Same goes for Hyaluronic Acid. DE markets their Marula oil claiming their extraction method retain more of its nutrients but at the end of the day, it's skin. I don't get my nutrients from my skincare. It just needs to moisturise. 

You could argue that the Vit C is also overpriced but most L-ascorbic acid ones are expensive, and I find the packaging of DE helps preserve it. I can only compare the trial size of Paula's Choice C15 Booster (runs at AU$62 for 20mL and most people don't go through the entire bottle before they have to replace it) with the deluxe of C Firma, and the booster started oxidation by the second week because it wasn't clear colourless anymore while the DE, for the 2-3 weeks I used the deluxe, remained clear  colourless. Edit: It was still clear, as in transparent but there was a slight colour change i.e. like the browning of an apple.

Chantecaille: Wtf? The Nano Gold Energising Eye Cream is AU$389 a pot. I got a sachet sample from a purchase, and tbh, that sample had enough product to last me a week or two because you use it so sparingly. I put it into a sample pot and use a spatula to control how much I put on. 

Edited by Tsubaki

Posted

natasha denona >:( it's so bloody expensive and her eyeshadows palettes aren't even that great 

Posted

basically almost all the brands at sephora