• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Overpriced Brands

111 posts in this topic

Posted

Glossier, Milk Makeup, and UNIF.

Posted

as much as i love milk makeup, i will admit they really should lower their prices. I bought their eyeliner, concealer, eyebrow pencil, and the lip + cheek thing and i only really thought the concealer and eyebrow pencil was worth the money. The eyeliner felt like dragging a highlighter across your eye, I have no idea how the model make such dramatic wings in the videos without pulling the eyelid. The Lip + Cheek is ok, but i wouldn't recommend doing what they do in videos and drag the product across your face, its much cleaner to use your fingers or a sponge of some kind. You do get a lot of product but....idk, its mediocre.

Posted

Nars is crazy expensive for the amount of product you get imho. I'd never pay 50 bucks for a foundation or 30 for blush..

The Kim Kardashian line is just as insane. That contour stick being that much pains me.

Posted

Ulta. It's way too expensive, I can go to Dollar Tree & get the same amount of makeup at lower prices.

Posted

Black Milk clothing, I mean they have a sleevless white tshirt for $69 AUD. 

Alien outfitters, they have plain white Tshirts with like one sentence on them for $40 AUD. 

Posted

Most Sephora brands like Urban Decay, Too Faced and Kat von D are really overpriced, there's lots of drugstore brands that make cheaper alternatives.

Also I can't see Lush's appeal...

Posted

Zara. However when they have sales they're dirt cheap and some shirts go from 30 quid down to 7, it's fucking crazy. It makes me sad to think about just how much the people working in sweatshops actually make. Just don't buy stuff from them until sales come and you'll surely get a good deal ;) 

Posted

Fenty, TopShop, Zara

Posted

Brandy Melville. I honestly don't get the hype... I mean most of their stuff are basics you can get everywhere for much cheaper? I just can't see anything special about their designs etc. But seemingly the quality should be good maybe that's why(never owned their stuff)

Posted

VS. Their quality is so poor. My bras fall apart and my panties start to pill, tear, or stretch after a year or so. I'm better off just buying at Target or F21 for the price. Though I do enjoy the designs, and I find their sizing to be good for me. I just need to watch for the fabrics.

Some of Target's clothing is starting to be overpriced for what it is. If I need to iron my clothes, I'm not going to want to pay more than $10-$20 for it (the Mossimo and Xhiliration lines are especially flimsy/prone to wrinkling). I do like their new lines - Vintage Threads (mostly cotton stuff, it seems?) and A New Day, but still. I hate ironing.

ANY outlet store for low-end designers, like Kate Spade, Coach. Just buy from a "real" store.

Brandy Melville. I honestly don't get the hype... I mean most of their stuff are basics you can get everywhere for much cheaper? I just can't see anything special about their designs etc. But seemingly the quality should be good maybe that's why(never owned their stuff)

The quality is decent in my experience. It's actually pretty hard to find good basics (soft, not overdesigned) that aren't too expensive.

Posted

Killstar, $62 for shipping to south america jesus give me a break

Posted

Just a heads up, Mirabella cosmetics  will be available on drug store shelves soon. Don't know what that will do to the quality of the make up. But paying 45 bucks for foundation is a bit much for a small company.

Posted

I'm really into dark clothing and I think this online shop called Killstar is super overpriced. Most of their clothes are just the same designs but in crop tops, leggibgs, and a dress.

agreed! 

Nordstroms...  so I go to Nordstrom’s Rack. I love Kiehls Skincare but ugggh the price for moisturizer and everything else ... lol . Im addicted to the mens faciel fuel ... 40 bucks geez. 

Posted

Glossier, Fenty, TopShop, GFD, most of the brands in Sephora, Kevyn Aucoin, Laura Lee L.A, Supreme, 'normcore' high end brands.

Posted

Glossier. My rich friend bought me a few of their products so I thought I'd share my thoughts below. I have oily, sensitive skin that's prone to some acne every one in a while.

• Lip balm - this is my favorite product alongside their cleanser, and I'm honestly heartbroken that I've lost the ones my friend got me.
  • Cleanser - I don't actually have anything bad to say about this product -- it's super gentle on my sensitive skin, and it takes off all my makeup using just 1 pump. But I can also still just use my CeraVe cleanser and get the exact same result.
  • Super Glow serum - while this isn't necessarily a rip-off, and I do see it helping my bad under-eye circles somewhat, I could never justify the price of this little bottle had I bought it for myself. For $28, I've had this thing maybe a little over a month and I've already used 3/4 of it. I think I'm just going to get The Ordinary's vitamin C serum when I run out -- it's $18 cheaper and 30ml as opposed to Glossier's 15ml.