Overpriced Brands

89 posts in this topic

Posted

Just wanted to discuss different brands that you feel are overpriced! Was inspired to start this thread after seeing the latest stuff from For Love and Lemons and even though it was cute most of their stuff (even the tiny crop tops and such) were over $100 AUD!!!! And when I checked the material for one of their dresses it literally was just polyester

Some other brands I feel are overpriced include: Unif (literally looks like stuff you get from the op/thrift shop unless we're talking about their shoes) and Pixie Market (sorta rip off runway details from the current season and although I appreciate the design, some of their pieces are just... too much???)

Any other brands out their that you feel are stretching it a bit with their price tags?

Posted

Definitely O-mighty. 

Posted

Nordstrom. Like literally wtf why are they selling a rock with a leather pouch for 85$ USD and they don't even know why people would buy it, so they call it a "conversation piece" and that you can "make your own purpose". And it's sold out. Not to mention their clothes. There's a pullover sweater on their site for 495$ USD. I know Nordstrom isn't its own brand but still this store has some what the fuck prices.

Whoever buys a rock with a leather pouch for almost 100$ USD should seriously get a life and find something better to do with their funds.

Posted

Topshop, Oak+Fort, Aritzia and almost any store in downtown Vancouver tbh. Why is a standard leather jacket $300 CAD when I got one in Tokyo for approx. $30CAD??

Posted

Too Faced. Sweet Peach palette was crap. Waste of money. I heart makeup has a much better dupe.

Posted

Michael Kors purses. They're okay, and I actually have a few that my family has bought me for birthdays/holidays. But the price isn't there for me. I've found cuter ones for less.

Also American Eagle and Urban Outfitters basically charge you for living when you buy clothes from there. I don't get it.

Posted

I just read the thread title as "Overpriced bananas" and I had to check it out, smh.

Bik Bok and Cubus come to mind and Jeffree Star's skin frost in ice cold is just too damn expensive, I mean yea it's huge but it's also too opaque and seems pointless to have a pan that big.

Posted

Free People & Anthropologie, they both cater to the boho chic trend. 

Posted

I honestly think ZARA and Abercrombie & Fitch are heavily overpriced, when you consider the quality of most of their items is very poor. Abercrombie's subsidiary brand, Hollister, has items with better quality and still the ones with poorer quality from abercrombie cost twice as much. 

Posted

I agree with Zara and Free People. I love Zara's look and I go in once a season to check out what they have, but I never come out with anything. Quality is inconsistent and it's pricier than I would like to spend at full price. 

I nabbed a Free People dress once on sale, but I'd never pay $200 for the quality of that dress (it was retailed at USD$198). It was probably at US$75, which is not too shabby because I wore it a lot in the first two years of acquiring it and I still wear it from time to time. I bought it ~4 years ago.

I'd say Dangerfield. I've purchased from them once, but I do window shop once in a while. Overpriced for the quality at AU$75 reduced price. I no longer have that dress. Lots of memories, so I hope whoever acquired it after I donated it loves it. 

Whoever buys a rock with a leather pouch for almost 100$ USD should seriously get a life and find something better to do with their funds.

large.png

I mean, if it is your money and it brings you joy, you can spend it the way you want it. Perhaps it's the craft that they appreciate. Idk, honestly sounds like a pet rock for hipsters.

Posted (edited)

Anti Social, Social Club.

Don't get the hype.

Edited by flower

Posted

I don't think that ZARA is that overpriced? Some pieces are yes that's true but if you look around you'll find some cheaper stuff too.

I also look at the kids section >< things are alot cheaper there and not everything is childish.

Posted

Definitely UNIF. I find a lot of their stuff really cute, but you really can find half of the stuff they sell at thrift shops. I also feel like some of the clothes Urban Outfitters sells can be really over priced. I bought a pair of BDG Jeans from them awhile ago for $70 (it was an impulse buy and near the time of my bday, I kinda regret the purchase now) and the quality is lowkey shit, especially when you compare it to the quality of a pair of Levi's Jeans which can go for around the same price or higher. BASICALLY Urban Outfitter's clothes is not the best quality, but very much over priced. You can probably find similar looking clothing at a different cheaper store, or once again, a thrift shop.

Posted

I'm really into dark clothing and I think this online shop called Killstar is super overpriced. Most of their clothes are just the same designs but in crop tops, leggibgs, and a dress.