• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.
    • Reputation Has Increased!   07/06/20

Hello. You have been asking for it and it is finally here. We have increased the number of reputation given in a day from 25 to 50. We will see how well 50 works out and if that is enough. Please continue to provide feedback and we will reevaluate as needed. This change has been added to the site changes thread located here. Happy repping. Thank you.

Find Your Love In Japan (Nobita)

385 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone, I know I’m going to get downvotes for this but I would still like to speak my mind.

I know absolutely nothing about Nobita, but i watched his videos on black people. I am black myself and this video put me to shame to a certain degree that this is how people see our population now. Despite the disclaimer at the beginning of the video, he still put as a title that “black people are dangerous in Japan” and it’s really saddening.

that said, I understand his point of view. He is right about something, is that a lot of black people have a victim mentality that just doesn’t fit Japan. I’ve been in Japan only a few times so I don’t know a lot about it of course, but from what I noticed is most people are really hard working even when at a major disadvantage, they know nothing comes without working. From where I’m from (not the US, I’ve never been there, let that set), people don’t work, they rely on God and governments assistance for success, and when nothing comes right to them they complain and blame society. I think Nobita was talking about these people.

i agree to a certain extent, it is humiliating that he only pointed out black people, but I can’t accuse him of being racist, because he didn’t speak saying inherently, he spoke out of observations he’s made himself and wether you agree with those or not do not make him, from my point of view, racist at all; I have met really racist people who even acted on their thoughts and this is not how they are. 

Though I’ve never put foot in america, the black Americans I’ve met/spoken to for the most part had the same mentality. I come from a 3rd world ountry, my father literally had absolutely nothing, even less than what those people claim not to have, everything was against him, and yet today we have the means for a yearly one month trip to south east Asia comfortably. So it’s frustrating when they, who have access to education (school isn’t mandatory where I’m from, and is extremely expensive, not just colleges, even elementary school) and are generally from developed countries do not put their best efforts to succeed. Maybe there is a disadvantage - I don’t know, I’ve never been there, but it’s no excuse. Most geniuses and inventors were born from nothing too...

I don’t mean to offend anyone, this is my humble point of view. You can agree and disagree with me, I just wanted to express my feelings!

I appreciate your point of view. I felt the video was saddening in it’s entirety, also because I did like his channel when he first began so it is quite frustrating that this is the direction he’s going in. Especially since there were quite a few black people who supported him as patrons.

I also agree that there are people who don’t want to work hard and blame things on another for their lack or drive or opportunities. I have met quite a few people like that in different races and different nationalities. I feel that those with thinking like this are a minority rather than majority within black Americans. But I will say that the black community across America is quite broken in many ways.

I don’t think anyone upset by his video is thinking that victim mentality doesn’t exist at all, but rather victim mentality exists within many cultural groups and black people shouldn’t be singled out; especially when it’s a delicate subject that is very complex. I’m not saying to be sensitive about it, but instead be fully informed on the situation as a whole before just spitting out “facts”(most of which have been debunked already) and pointing out “blacks” as the entire problem in the US. 

He stated all these “facts” without context and very little research (in-depth). Many of his “resources” came from biased sites that are supported by white supremacists and nationalists. I do feel that Nobita is racist. He may like “some” black people, but that means nothing. He did all of his research based on a prejudice he already had. He didn’t even question or throughly research about the information he found. Even with the videos he made after with those 4 black conservative youtubers. He chose 4 people who were black and had the same exact views as him, so that it “confirms” everything he said. “If these 4 good black people agree, then it must be true.” (not what he said, but it’s the only way I can explain). Anyway, this is confirmation bias. His patrons and many other people who disagreed with him or wanted to have an actual conversation about it, he ignored or actually blocked them. 

He also admitted in a video last year, that he was “formerly” racist and how he had opinions about black people from the media. I understand people are ignorant and when they lack exposure they draw conclusions. So I’m not saying he’s racist based on his predudice alone, but rather how he executed his “point of view” and how similar it is to people who are self proclaimed white supremacists, KKK, and etc. If you’re wondering whether I’ve experienced real racism to speak on this (like you, and I’m sorry you had to experience that), I definitely have. I don’t mind pm’ing you or anyone else who would like to possibly know.

As for the crime rates, the black American community is well aware of what goes on. We know we have people who commit crimes but there are also a lot of innocents who get arrested based on the color of their skin or blacks that are convicted usually have harsher punishments then their white counterparts. Messed up situations like my 15 year old cousin being sentenced to 65 years in prison for a murder he did not commit, they have it on tape that the policeman shot his friend but they charged him instead. Blacks are targeted and arrested more often. There’s a documentary about how the police racially profile and go to those neighborhoods more often. But Nobita acts like the crime rate for black Americans has not decreased over 60% in the last 20 years. He didn’t even try to find out about things like that. He also acts like black people are just so dumb and unaware, like we do nothing to help ourselves. We’ve created dozens of organizations to combat these things and other factors that play a role in our community not elevating. Also, he should have factored in how a branch of the US government admitted to putting drugs in black neighborhoods that ultimately added on to this issues we have today. Drugs and poverty almost always leads to crime. It’s the same with all those poor white communities with drugs problems today, there’s a lot of crime in many of those too. Also, you could research about the FBI investigation of law enforcement across America for the KKK and other members of similar groups. I could explain this in a lot more depth, but it would make this too long lol.

Moving forward, I was furious when he stated that black people are biologically predisposed to being violent and that we are stupid/borderline retarded (no offense). At this time, he was not speaking on one cultural group but all of us. This “fact” has been debunked. It was upsetting because the whole “blacks are violent and stupid” is a thought that was quite common about us throughout our history in America, which also lead to how we were viewed (especially in the Justice system). I know you know that we (including you 😊) are not stupid and that we have just as much worth as anyone else. People have no idea, how many inventions they encounter each day that were created by black people. But they don’t want to look up the good things about us. We’re just good for “only entertainment and sports” (I think you get what I’m trying to say). And by the way, I do commend your father on rising out of adversity and becoming the successful man he is today. 

I also want to be clear that you did not offend. It think it’s good to have our own perspectives based on our experience. I wish I could have said more, but this black American issue is much too complex to shorten. I hope you didn’t find my response aggressive. 

Also, have you seen Nobita’s comment section? That shit is terrible and full of racists that are fueled from his videos about us. He’s not even considering that fact that he’s making the situation worse, allowing a congregation of people on his page with these same ideals. Someone might actually take in everything he said and encounter a black individual with that thinking and thus creating more tension between races. 

And about the white privileged, its real. Every group has some kind of privilege in some aspect. However, here in America where this country was built off of the genocide of native Americans and the backs of POC, whites were on top ( yes, I’m aware there were whites that were treated lesser) and still control a majority of things. Anyone one of any color can be anything, but for some the road is much easier. It’s not excuse, but Nobita needs to recognize that his history and background growing up in Japan is not like America. He can not easily draw up conclusions like that. Blacks aren’t the only people who say white privilege exists and are affected by it, yet he only targeted blacks. An example is when I’ve worked two places where my managers blatantly said they would not hire certain people who applied because they were black. Saying things like “Too many black faces might ruin the look of our establishment” or “Her name is ghetto, she might be ratchet”. They even fired a girl because she was “too” dark skin. A customer complained about too many niggers and wetbacks (no offense) working so they fired good black and Hispanic workers and hired and kept several people who happened to be white people but who actually deserved to be fired for how terrible they were at work. They didn’t get in trouble for things POC on our staff did. This isn’t white priveledge as whole, but an example of one of the many forms.

Again, I’m not trying to be aggressive and sorry for being kind of off topic.

Edited by missallsunday

Posted

I really don’t get where this guy went so wrong...I discovered his videos a year ago and thought his content was interesting and entaining. Then he started going into topics about Muslims and African Americans, being muslim myself I’m pretty desensitized about (insert stereotypes galore here). I’m typically the first muslim friend some people make( i don’t look it) and my East Asian friends tell me I completly changed their opinions on Muslims. But what he said about Muslims isn’t what upset me. Its his constant and blatant racist attack on African Americans. Just the fact that this idiot had the audacity, the disrespect to refer to them as “the blacks”. His videos are just hatred pure and simple hatred and him feeding racists what they want to here. African Americans ARE subjected to daily racism, they must live in ACTUAL FEAR for their lives everyday. White privilege DOES exist because I know how differently I am treated because I appear white. Those of us that belong to minority groups, but have the apperence of being white, can 100% tell you that we ARE treated much better than our darker counter parts. So him being someone that doesn’t know anything about American history, slavery, or the current racial division is just going to say WE are the ones who are creating the problems for fighting for equality? There are those that take advantage of the system and refuse to work from all racial backrounds. But African Americans are the only ones that get put on blast for all the crime, and welfare problems. News flash African American women are the most college educated group in America. It makes me so mad that it takes so much effort for minority groups in this country to get any type of postive acknowledgement, but one guy makes a video to get views and now thousands of people get hate and lies blinding them from what is actually the truth. African Americans should never forget slavery! Excuse me should the Jewish people forget the Holocaust? Is there some type of time limit to how much we mourn the injustice of human evil. We should NEVER forget! Bottom line is that I don’t mean to bully anyone on the internet, I’m not insulting his apperence or his accent. I’m strictly critical of his behavior, that is absolutly repulsive. I will contiue to report his material and so should all of us so that it is at least demonetized, his wallet is probably the only place he has any feelings. 

Posted

Honestly my theory ion how nobita got to be this way is fairly simple so in the beginning nobita made just videos about foreigners dating Japanese people and asking Japanese peoples thoughts on particular love concerns like I remember on of his most earlier videos was asking Japanese women stuff about foreign men and I feel that many people who search up videos like “do Japanese girls date white guys” this is gonna pop up and those said people usually fetishize Asian women because they are/want to become sexpats and have a particular mindset. So I feel mainly his fan base is mostly right winged and put all of this bullshit in his head and he fell for it because he obviously doesn’t do proper research or even bother to consider the other sides argument and now is said toxic racist sexist rape apologist monster he is today. 

Also now apparently I found in his feed he’s pro-life and he’s doing the whole shove my opinion down your throat and attacking people who are pro choice (like he normally does just attack the other side doesn’t even bother to try to see their rational). It makes me upset because someone out there is gonna watch his videos and think all Japanese people are racist,sexist, etc like him  

Posted (edited)

In the comments of this Facebook post a girl who knew him (she used to pop up in Yuta's videos) says, "I have no idea what the hell happened to him (our mutual friends have no idea either) but we think something is mentally wrong with him. We have tried talking to him in a civil manner (especially in the beginning when he started his anti-Black videos, but he simple doesn't/refuses to listen."

Also I have this..blog post of his? I have no idea of the source, but this is a thread about the guy so (I think the photo is unrelated?);

31277671_10101417152142809_248908655585930167511_10101417152172749_8325510571196

BUT YEAH it's not a nice feeling to have someone say things about your race that aren't true is it.

Edited by 巧克力

Posted (edited)

With all the drama I'm surprised he's not in the snowflake section tbh. I also remembered I was interested in his content in the very beginning, but his whole attitude against western women turned me off long ago. Ever since then I already noticed how click baity his videos became. I haven't watched the video on black people, because I really don't want to give his click bait videos views. Quite sad the title seemed to be less of an exaggeration than I thought it was, reading the comments here.

In the comments of this Facebook post a girl who knew him (she used to pop up in Yuta's videos) says, "I have no idea what the hell happened to him (our mutual friends have no idea either) but we think something is mentally wrong with him. We have tried talking to him in a civil manner (especially in the beginning when he started his anti-Black videos, but he simple doesn't/refuses to listen."

One of the comments on that fb post says that Breitbart was one of his sources. Alt right confirmed.

Edited by Amethist

Posted (edited)

Apparently he wasn't done with the 'Black People are dangerous' video.

Time to grab some popcorn for the shitstorm coming... :alpacaheadshake:

Edited by pocky_eater

Posted

"We don't have many gay people in Japan in the first place" :derp:

sigh.... He just doesn't know when to quit

Posted

"According to a survey conducted by ad giant Dentsu Inc in 2015, one in every 13 people is estimated to be a member of the country's LGBT community."

Nobita: "We dont have many gay people in Japan in the first place"

As usual, he only searches for sources that 'prove' his points for the video. Just another lazy hate video...

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by Halal Infidel

Posted

I live in a country where there us gay marriage and shockingly enough it didn't suddenly ruin the value of marriage. I don't understand what's the harm in letting a couple of the same sex show their love towards each other through getting  married. The only thing I can see happening is people feeling more comfortable comming out as gay because Japanese society might seem more accepting and to me that's not really a bad thing either. And if he's going to draw conclusions from studies he probably should find multiple credible sources to prove his point. I assume he wouldn't like it if a country banned people from marrying a Japanese person,  so why is it okay to essentially do that to other people?

Posted (edited)

Like @Halal Infidel said not accepting gay marriage doesn’t magically make it so gay people or like “oh no gay marriage is illegal guess I’ll go have a wife and child now instead” no they still are gay regardless if gay marriage is legal or not so why does it make a difference? So regarding that low population excuse, it’s laughable because there’s plenty of families that adopt or go through surrogacy. I feel like at this point he has to being doing this for some kind of attention. Whether it be negative or positive. 

Edited by Dahlia*
Typos

Posted

He can't use low population as an excuse since gay people can't reproduce the same way straight people do. Tbh the only way to get rid of gay people is for straight people to stop reproducing you dumbass. And it's been proven to an extent that Japan's low population issue is due to cultural norms around work, gender roles, etc nothing to do with gay people since they face the same issues.

This guy has no argument or valid reason for his videos so essentially he takes something he thinks is very uncommon in Japan and makes a bigger deal out of it than needed. Soon he'll be talking about how women who work long hours are the reason for Japan's population decline when really it's the cultural norms that force men and women to work long hours and produce the same amount of work as some who worked less hours.

The guy is a nut case

Posted

What a literal piece of shit.

How you going to say you have gay friends and want equality and thaewkugha' 

JFC PLEASE JUMP OFF A BRIDGE

Posted

Oh boi, what is going to be next? I love that argument “ I have .... friends, but....”:hmm: