• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.
    • Reputation Has Increased!   07/06/20

Hello. You have been asking for it and it is finally here. We have increased the number of reputation given in a day from 25 to 50. We will see how well 50 works out and if that is enough. Please continue to provide feedback and we will reevaluate as needed. This change has been added to the site changes thread located here. Happy repping. Thank you.

Find Your Love In Japan (Nobita)

385 posts in this topic

Posted

What the FUCK???????

tumblr_mapcwwZo1z1r3ty02o1_500.thumb.gif

Posted

The article has a really slanted and unprofessional tone though, people might not take it seriously. Is that just a nextshark thing or something? It’s so awkward 

That article is a guest editorial.

Posted

Ok first katieaegi and now this guy.. what is with people getting called out for their bs and subsequently claiming they’re going to commit suicide?? I am never the one to say a suicidal person doesn’t deserve help and support, but I highly doubt these snowflakes are ever actually considering taking their own lives. They’re just desperate for sympathy and support now that they’re being dragged. And they know that only a heartless person would be cruel to to someone who is suicidal, so they trap people into being nice to them even though they deserve backlash and hate. That’s my interpretation 

Posted

I usually feel a lot of empathy when someone is feeling suicidal but in this guys case, I don't feel an ounce of empathy since he is only bringing up suicide because he's getting called out. I also don't think his comment would sit well with his fellow Japanese people if we consider how prevalent suicide is in that society. I doubt they would easily forgive a guy who insults people and then claims suicidal thoughts when people call him out; he's more of an embarrassment to them imo.

Just apologize and if you can't do that f**** off and get off the internet because not only are your opinions are unnecessary nobody asked for them.

Posted

The issues aren't just caused by his horrendous opinions, but also by how he talks in such a disrespectful tone...

Posted

I thought the entire reason why Nobita doesn't like brown people is because of their victim mentality? God, what is it with racists and suicide?

Posted

A bit OT so under the spoiler.

I understand my question may be a bit heated, but I am genuinely confused and would like a bit of clarification.

I have never seen this guys videos, and after seeing what I have seen I doubt I ever will, his content doesn't seem like the kind I wish to support, however I am confused as to why people are calling him a white supremacist. I am sorry for my ignorance on these topics, but is it valid calling him such? He is Asian is he not? 

Posted

Not sure if this was posted before

pb1QXH.thumb.jpg.b67cc489db4c1d7a91a85a6

Posted

A bit OT so under the spoiler.

I understand my question may be a bit heated, but I am genuinely confused and would like a bit of clarification.

Hidden Content

The reason why people call him a white supremacist is because he uses the same rhetoric and talking points as them (black people are inherently violent and have a "warrior gene," black people have a victim mentality, colorism isn't real, if black people don't want to be discriminated against then they should stop commiting crimes etc.) 

If he wasn't Japanese, he could fit right in with Richard Spencer and David Duke. Even a lot of white supremacists who want an ethno-state via killing and deporting all non-whites will make exceptions for asians. It's suprising how many white supremacists have an asian fetish/asian gf. There's another branch of white supremacists who are white nationalists who want to deport and kill anyone who isn't for the "white cause" whatever the fuck that means, and you can bet Nobita would be accepted into a white nationalist society.

Posted

Thank you for the quick response and clarification. I really appreciate it. :alpacacrush:

That's pretty horrible, honestly. That makes me so sad

Well I too will go and report that video. It doesn't need to turn into some congregation of racism by having people with the same horrid view points flocking to his channel and other social media.

Posted

The type of people defending him on twitter

Screenshot_20180429-141026.jpg

Screenshot_20180429-145747.jpg

Screenshot_20180429-141119.jpg

Posted

The type of people defending him on twitter

Screenshot_20180429-141026.jpg

Screenshot_20180429-145747.jpg

Screenshot_20180429-141119.jpg

Birds of a feather flock together. If I knew where these people worked I'd have no problem reporting them to their companies HR. It's petty but nowhere near as bad as being racist imo. 

Posted

Birds of a feather flock together. If I knew where these people worked I'd have no problem reporting them to their companies HR. It's petty but nowhere near as bad as being racist imo. 

I wonder where Nobita works. He's a teacher, no? 

Posted

I wonder where Nobita works. He's a teacher, no? 

Yeah, I believe he’s teaching Japanese  language somewhere in Tokyo. 

Posted

So, this is his "The Black People may be DANGEROUS for Japan" video now: 

BAgQIECAAAECBAgQIECAAAECBAgQIEAgU0BokAmn

8PLTwJht8ljUsAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png