• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

Find Your Love In Japan (Nobita)

385 posts in this topic

Posted

Has anyone seen this video before??? I think it should really be talked about. I can't believe what I have just seen. Nobita is downright trash and should be in an institution.

Also, I hate reading the comments because a lot of them are far-right, incels, racist, fetishist or down-right misogynists who feel validated and empowered by Nobita's content.

• This video focuses on the arguments against the #MeToo movement. As an argumentative focal point, it uses the case of a woman named Shiori Ito.
  • I recommend reading the full story of Shiori Ito on Wikipedia rather than Nobita's brief introduction because he leaves out a lot of critical information, so please read the 'Sexual assault litigation' section! What Nobita covers in the video as an introduction about the Shiori Ito case is that Ito was discussing a job opportunity with Yamaguchi in an izakaya but became intoxicated and was later raped in a hotel. Yamaguchi claims the sex was consensual. The next slide points out that there was not enough evidence for prosecution, but Ito sued Yamaguchi demanding 100,000 dollars in compensation. Her case won and she was given 30,000. The next slide states that court decisions are based on which side has a more convincing argument. Then it shows the Ito published a book about her experiences, which won an award, and she's becoming more famous.
  • Nobita then beings speaking. He first begins by making point of the widespread media attention she has gained. He says that in Japanese society women are "traditionally supposed to be shy, quiet and not make a scene", but Ito's irregularity has inspired many women and he says that's how the #MeToo movement started in Japan. He makes a point in how the movement is getting bigger and bigger and Ito is becoming more and more famous and influential. (As if he is bothered by it?)
  • Nobita then begins talking about the people who are skeptical about Ito's case. As his first argumentative point, rather than speaking himself, he shows videos and comments by multiple selected women who argue that the rape is partly her responsibility because as a woman because she should not have been drinking, especially drinking in front of a man, therefore she brought the events upon herself. 
  • His second argumentative point is that Ito went to the police after 5 days and not immediately, and say it is "quite difficult to understand" and wonders "why she took so long?", hence it raises suspicions about her case. (Nobita has no idea how difficult it is to summon up the courage to take charges after just recently experiencing a traumatic rape in a misogynistic society). He then features people who argue that she only publicly spoke out about rape because she wanted to make herself famous and well-known, that its weird that a rape victim would act out in public, and instead of speaking out and writing a book, she should have quietly set up NPO or foundation. This argument shows that Nobita supports the idea that rape victims should remain silent and never speak out publicly about their experiences to gain any media attention or else they are attention seekers and the women just want fame.
  • Nobita's next point is that Ito speaking out against rape will discourage men from seeking relationships with women or even just interacting with women. He somehow connects this to a declining birth rate, men becoming 'herbivores', and men becoming too anxious around women and how that contributes to 'men not knowing how to interact with women'. He features a series of men who worry that Ito's case will result in women making false sexual assault allegations against men, that women will claim false rape if they didn't like the men they had sex with, that consent if too vague unless they explicitly say "no", and women should not wear too revealing clothes. This argument shows that Nobita supports the idea that women are random evil creatures who make up false sexual assault allegations to torment men for fun, that women bring rape upon themselves if their clothes are 'too revealing', and that it's not rape unless she said "no". (Even though to rapists, what women say makes no difference whatsoever because they don't care; rape is rape).
  • His fourth argument focuses on how Ito plans to take further legal action against the people who sent her death threats, online harassment and negative comments. Nobita connects this to being unable to criticize people publicly, loss of freedom of speech, censorship, male discrimination, and how it reinforces gender segregation. This argument shows that Nobita supports the idea that women should expect and accept receiving death threats and harassment if they speak out publicly about rape, and that they basically deserve it if they dare to not remain silent.
  • His last point is that Ito's family was insulted in the process, however he supports the idea that she should have expected it for daring to publicly speak out about rape. Again; main point is that they deserve harassment if they dare break the silence.
  • His conclusion speech shows that Nobita is clearly bothered by women who stand up for themselves, women who are not traditional, and women who break the silence surrounding sexual assault. Obviously, because Nobita himself has an extremely predatory personality and he feels personally threatened by strong women like Ito who have the ability to stand up against Nobita's misogyny and sexist views. Wasn't Nobita found stalking and harassing a woman in Canada before? No wonder he is so spiteful of women.

Posted (edited)

• Nobita's next point is that Ito speaking out against rape will discourage men from seeking relationships with women or even just interacting with women. He somehow connects this to a declining birth rate, men becoming 'herbivores', and men becoming too anxious around women and how that contributes to 'men not knowing how to interact with women'. He features a series of men who worry that Ito's case will result in women making false sexual assault allegations against men, that women will claim false rape if they didn't like the men they had sex with, that consent if too vague unless they explicitly say "no", and women should not wear too revealing clothes. This argument shows that Nobita supports the idea that women are random evil creatures who make up false sexual assault allegations to torment men for fun, that women bring rape upon themselves if their clothes are 'too revealing', and that it's not rape unless she said "no". (Even though to rapists, what women say makes no difference whatsoever because they don't care; rape is rape).

I hate this argument so, so much. Women speaking out against rape should not discourage you from interacting with women unless you yourself are a predator. Nobita is a giant shitwaffle of a man. Dude, just say you hate women and go already. Thank you for your sacrifice of sitting through the video. You hit the nail on the head. I was so glad when I heard the news of Shiori Ito winning her case!!

This argument shows that Nobita supports the idea that women should expect and accept receiving death threats and harassment if they speak out publicly about rape, and that they basically deserve it if they dare to not remain silent.

This is the same guy who had the audacity to complain about receiving death threats from black people after he dehumanized them in a video. Now that's reeeeaaaalllll fucking rich.

His second argumentative point is that Ito went to the police after 5 days and not immediately, and say it is "quite difficult to understand" and wonders "why she took so long?", hence it raises suspicions about her case. (Nobita has no idea how difficult it is to summon up the courage to take charges after just recently experiencing a traumatic rape in a misogynistic society). He then features people who argue that she only publicly spoke out about rape because she wanted to make herself famous and well-known, that its weird that a rape victim would act out in public, and instead of speaking out and writing a book, she should have quietly set up NPO or foundation. This argument shows that Nobita supports the idea that rape victims should remain silent and never speak out publicly about their experiences to gain any media attention or else they are attention seekers and the women just want fame.

Nobita, women don't come forward about sexual assault because of people like you who instantly doubt them and assume they're trying to get fame/attention. Why should victims have to be subtle anyway? If someone violates me, I want the whole world to know who that monster is. Stop protecting rapists.

Edited by frostylily
added more.

Posted

I hate this argument so, so much. Women speaking out against rape should not discourage you from interacting with women unless you yourself are a predator. Nobita is a giant shitwaffle of a man. Dude, just say you hate women and go already. Thank you for your sacrifice of sitting through the video. You hit the nail on the head. I was so glad when I heard the news of Shiori Ito winning her case!!

This is the same guy who had the audacity to complain about receiving death threats from black people after he dehumanized them in a video. Now that's reeeeaaaalllll fucking rich.

Nobita, women don't come forward about sexual assault because of people like you who instantly doubt them and assume they're trying to get fame/attention. Why should victims have to be subtle anyway? If someone violates me, I want the whole world to know who that monster is. Stop protecting rapists.

Nobita is hot trash. Of course he will victim blame and leave out the important details to this story. He's done this before with other news stories as well (i.e. the story about a japanese woman being raped. In the thumbnail, he put a picture of a black guy when in reality, the woman was raped by another Japanese man). 

Am i disappointed? Yes. Surprised? No.

Posted

I hate this argument so, so much. Women speaking out against rape should not discourage you from interacting with women unless you yourself are a predator. 

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME FOR THE INCELS IN THE BACK! 

crwdc.gif

Posted

Yeah, I saw the video on his channel, but as soon as I saw the title and thumbnail I didn‘t want to watch it, because I knew that it would be a bullshit video. But Caeleigh‘s description is even worse than I imagined. I expected misogynistic and anti-feminism statements, but even I didn‘t expect Nobita to actively defend a rapist. That‘s a new low, even for him. I‘m glad I didn‘t watch the video, it would only make me sad again.

Posted

Look's like he's been busy being a turd, BLM edition. A Japanese YouTuber Trashes BLM and I’m Debunking His Bullshit.

Nobita thinks he has the authority to speak for all Japanese people yet most Japanese people don't even take social distancing that seriously in comparison to other countries, especially now that the state of emergency is over.

Posted

Nobita thinks he has the authority to speak for all Japanese people yet most Japanese people don't even take social distancing that seriously in comparison to other countries, especially now that the state of emergency is over.

Casual racists love using Coronavirus as an excuse to be against the protests and hide their disdain for the movement. Literally heard a guy who doesn't ever wear masks and went to crowded house parties where nobody was wearing masks DURING THE STATE OF EMERGENCY suddenly express concern about a second wave. It's all bullshit and I'm not at all surprised that Nobita has once again decided to be a nationalist fuckface. 

Posted

Look's like he's been busy being a turd, BLM edition. A Japanese YouTuber Trashes BLM and I’m Debunking His Bullshit.

I like how he frames it "Why Japanese people don't like BLM protests" but his explanation sounds like "why as a whole (as in the world) we shouldn't bother with BLM at the moment". Like bitch you don't live here and aren't black we JUST had another police brutality resulting in an unnecessary death and black people should what? Just continue to wait it out? 

Posted

I like how he frames it "Why Japanese people don't like BLM protests" but his explanation sounds like "why as a whole (as in the world) we shouldn't bother with BLM at the moment". Like bitch you don't live here and aren't black we JUST had another police brutality resulting in an unnecessary death and black people should what? Just continue to wait it out? 

Funny because I was actually at oneof the protests and the only japanese people who reacted negatively were the nationalists...and they got counter-protested by an anti-racism Japanese NPO...

but sure, nobita. You speak for all Japanese people.