• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Find Your Love In Japan (Nobita)

365 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Does he know he's not funny? like at all? a lot of his jokes are just watered down copy-paste edge humor from 4chan and Reddit, if I wanted to see humor like that I would go on those sites or watch a comedian who delivers the jokes 10 times better. 

Edited by Sugarbeets

Posted

jfc I never thought of actually reading the thread but now that I have all I can say is "Yikes". 

Posted

his views on gay marriage(gay people in general) and black people are so disgusting i used to watch him because i thought he was a nice man just making educational videos, but i will never in my life follow such ignorance. utterly disgusting i am in shock.   

Posted

I just made an account for this thread, glad that I was able to find this. I just want to shortly describe the history I have with Nobita‘s channel. A few years ago I used to watch Yuta‘s videos because I thought they were interesting. As everyone here can probably guess I‘m interested in Japan, so his videos where he asks random Japanese people on the street about certain topics have been interesting to me, since I always wanted to know more about the opinions of Japanese citizens on certain topics. I know that these kind of street interviews aren‘t representative, but a lot of topics that Yuta covered didn‘t have any representative studies conducted in Japan, so his videos offered at least a little bit of insight. And because I watched a lot of his videos, YouTube started to suggest other similar channels like Asian Boss and of course Nobita. Nobita was pretty decent for me in the beginning. He conducted street interviews the same way that Yuta did, the only difference was that his focus was on finding a soulmate in Japan. He did cover other topics too, but that was his main point. I never really thought about getting a girlfriend in Japan, since I don‘t live there, but I decided to watch his videos nevertheless, because they still gave me an insight about how Japanese people think about and approach certain topics. What I noticed though was that most viewers of his channel were right wing incels who don‘t care about Japanese culture and cultural exchange, they only want to fuck Japanese women because they see them as obedient housewives who don‘t complain. I remember that 2 years ago Nobita did a video about multiculturalism where he quoted an American sociologist on good points about multiculturalism and in the end concluded that more immigration to Japan would be a good thing. Unfortunately I don‘t remember the points and arguments he made and quoted in that video because I only saw it once before it was deleted. What I remember though is the massive amounts of dislikes and hate comments he got from his fanbase. The typical right wing bullshit you know. Things like „More immigration will make Japan a third world country, just look at Europe“, and of course „Feminism and multiculturalism will kill Japan“ and other bullshit. They called Nobita an idiot and liberal cuck etc. Well a few months after that he started to upload those shitty videos about black people and deleted all of his old videos. I was extremely surprised by this 180 degree turn of his, but it looks like those comments under his old video were enough to turn him into a right wing incel. He basically became the thing his audience wanted him to become. I probably don‘t have to mention that I immediately unsubscribed and unfollowed him once he started to post those bullshit videos about black people. Well a few days ago I read an article about how Japanese right wingers are suing a film director for his documentary about comfort women. And I somehow remembered Nobita again (probably because racist right wing Japanese guys remind me of him). So I decided to look how Nobita has developed in the last year. Well he deleted the videos he made about black people and he apologized for them, but I think that all of us can agree that that apology was half-hearted and that he still holds those views to some extend at least. And I think that this is obvious if you watch his newest videos. For example the one where he criticizes the Verge for reporting on the rise of Japanese right wing nationalism. He also made a new video 4 days ago titled „Does diversity make Japan better?“ I see that nobody wrote about that video in this thread yet, so I would like to do that in my next post if that‘s ok. Because there‘s plenty of things that bug me with that video. 

Sorry for the long post, I‘m just glad that I was able to find people who call him out on his racist bullshit, instead of celebrating his racism like his fanbase does. 

Posted

I'm the same as you, also liked the street interviews and ended up watching him as well as Asian Boss after subscribing to Yuta xD I haven't thought about it, but now that you mention it, I also remember Nobita seemingly being open to foreigners coming to japan etc, not at all having the right wing agenda he has now. It's weird, makes me wonder if he changed or if he just says what people want to hear/ what brings the most views.

Posted

So yeah, like promised I just wanted to comment on Nobita's newest video titled "Does diversity make Japan better?". First of all that title is bullshit because they spend 99% of the video talking about Canada and only mention Japan in the last 30 seconds when the Canadian woman asks Nobita if he thinks that Japan should open up to immigrants. I don't understand why he chose a title that has nothing to do with the topic of the video. They don't even talk about the advantages and disadvantages of diversity, or about what it means to be a diverse country. Literally 90% of this video is Nobita complaining that he went to Canada once and that a lot of people couldn't speak English and weren't Canadian (read this as they weren't white). It's really funny how Nobita talks about diversity in Canada and how there's no Canadian culture in Canada, but he doesn't seem to understand that there is no such thing as "pure" Canadian culture, because white European settlers killed almost every native Canadian person. The modern state of Canada was founded by white European settlers who were diverse themselves, because they came from different parts and countries in Europe. The problem here is that Nobita thinks that white people are the "true Canadians" and that only they can be Canadian since they're the majority. He doesn't understand that Asian and black people can be Canadian too and don't have to be immigrants. I bet that most black and "Chinese" people he met in Canada were born and raised there. He also doesn't understand that diversity isn't just about skin color. A lot of right wingers don't understand this. Diversity exists within a race too. White people are also very diverse. Does he even know how many countries and cultures we have in Europe? There's a huge difference between a white person from England and a white person from France for example. Or a white person from Germany and a white person from Spain. Same goes for black and Asian people of course. But it's funny how he groups all white people as Canadians, while all the other races are immigrants in his mind. I also just love how the Canadian guy tries to correct Nobita by saying that the majority of immigrants speak English. Even Nobita's Japanese friend who studied in Canada says that immigrants are learning English because they have to. Otherwise they can't get a job lol. I think that it's pretty clear that Nobita is lying about how immigrants don't speak English. Or maybe he went to a province where the official language is French. This wouldn't surprise me since Nobita doesn't seem to know anything about Canada and Canadian history, so he probably doesn't realize that Canada has two official languages and that in some provinces French is used much more than English. It's just amazing to me how a person who never lived in Canada and never studied Canadian history talks about the diversity in that country. His only argument is that he went to Canada as a tourist and he met people who were supposedly immigrants and they couldn't speak English. How does he even know that those people he talked to were immigrants and not just tourist like himself? 

Also, at 7:30 in video he tries to take the centrist position and claims that for Japan he wants some middle ground. He doesn't want as many immigrants as Canada, but he does support more immigrants coming to Japan. But in the last 30 seconds of the video when the Canadian woman asks him if he supports more immigration to Japan he claims that he doesn't want more immigrants in Japan and that in his eyes Japan can be diverse if Japanese people learn English, read foreign media and communicate with foreign people over skype. I think I don't even have to say anything about that. This last comment of his just proves everything I've been trying to say. He doesn't even know what diversity means, yet he still makes videos about it. 

I'm just curious about what people here think about his new approach. He has deleted his old racist videos about black people and it looks like he's currently taking a less extreme route, but I think that this is actually more dangerous. A lot of people unsubscribed because of his old racist videos and after they went viral and people called him out on Twitter and other social made he also received a lot of hate (which he totally deserved btw). So now he's trying to take a less radical position in order to maintain viewers from both sides of the political spectrum. This is pretty dangerous in my opinion, because now people who are on the left and center won't unsubscribe immediately because he's been blatantly racist. Most people will watch his videos and say something like "Well I don't agree with everything he's saying, but at least he's not a right wing extremist and he does have a point when it comes to some topics". I've seen a lot of people who started out with this mindset and ended up watching the typical anti SJW and anti immigrant YouTubers and then become right wingers themselves. Pretending to be a centrist, while secretly still being racist is exactly how Nobita and other YouTubers convince young people to accept right wing talking points and arguments. At first I was kinda happy that he deleted his old videos and apologized, but I think that I quickly found out what his real goal is. So yeah, to be honest I actually prefer his blatantly racist videos because at least he speaks his honest opinion in those videos and he limits his audience with that. His new videos are perfect for recruiting new right wing members. 

I'm glad that the users of this forum still see Nobita for what he really is and don't believe in his bullshit apology and his new approach in his videos. He 's definitely still a racist moron who makes videos about topics he doesn't understand. 

Also sorry for making two posts in a row, I hope that it's not against the rules and that this post gets approved too. Originally I wanted to make just one post, but I realized that that post would be way to long, so I had to make two separate posts. One about how I discovered Nobita's channel and one about his newest video. I just hope that people will keep documenting his bullshit videos and call him out on them. 

Posted

I'm the same as you, also liked the street interviews and ended up watching him as well as Asian Boss after subscribing to Yuta xD I haven't thought about it, but now that you mention it, I also remember Nobita seemingly being open to foreigners coming to japan etc, not at all having the right wing agenda he has now. It's weird, makes me wonder if he changed or if he just says what people want to hear/ what brings the most views.

Thank you for your comment. I think that he sincerely believes the things he preaches in his videos. I still remember how he was angrily screaming at black people in his old videos. He also promoted Black Pigeon speaks and Sargon of Akkad on his channel. He even made a video together with Black Pigeon speaks where they bashed Muslims and Islam and claimed that Muslims are at fault for the "downfall of Europe". What probably happend is that Nobita saw all of the comments of his subscribers which were talking about how feminism and multiculturalism are the downfall of western civilization and how Sweden is a third world country with Sharia law and no-go zones. So Nobita probably decided to search up those terms and claims on YouTube and Google which led him to people like Black Pigeon speaks and Sargon of Akkad. He watched them and changed his views completely and became another right wing incel YouTuber. I can't prove that it happend exactly like that, but that's how I think it went down. You can definitely see that those two morons influenced him since he used their arguments in his videos against black people and Muslims. He doesn't use Japanese right wing arguments and talking points. Japanese right wingers don't talk about Muslims and black people, because there are barely any of them living in Japan. They mostly direct their hate speech at Korean and Chinese immigrants. You can even see some Japanese right wingers carrying an American flag sometimes, because they want to fight together with the US against China and North Korea in order to destroy communism. Nobita is the exact opposite. He once said that he supports immigrants from other Asian countries like China and Korea, because those people would share a similar culture and would also be mostly conservative and wouldn't "demand" things like feminism and political correctness. Japanese right wingers would never say such a thing. They hate everyone who's not Japanese, but they would definitely rather have more white immigrants than Korean and Chinese. And they definitely wouldn't say that Japan shares a similar culture with Korea and China lol. So yeah, you can definitely see that Nobita was influenced by western right wingers, because he literally adopted all of their views about culture, race and nationality. But like I said in my previous comment, he tried to conform to white right wingers and now he tries to be less extreme because he got a lot of hate from people who weren't right wingers. But I'm pretty sure that he's still racist and he definitely still thinks that black people and Muslims will destroy the west and Japan. 

I don't care what he believes to be honest, I just don't want him to make more of those shitty videos where he talks about topics he has no clue about. But he definitely won't stop now. He'll probably still delete videos which attract too much controversy, but I doubt that he'll change his views since the vast majority of his viewers agree with him. 

Posted

At first his videos was entertaining but later it becomes pretty clear that he is unedjucated in basically all the subjects he talks about. It isn't enough just being Japanese to talk about various issues in Japan :P Is he still teaching Japanese to foreigners btw?

Posted (edited)

At first his videos was entertaining but later it becomes pretty clear that he is unedjucated in basically all the subjects he talks about. It isn't enough just being Japanese to talk about various issues in Japan :P Is he still teaching Japanese to foreigners btw?

I would guess so because I found his english teaching.page. he decided to call it "nobilesson" so it wouldn't be associated with his right wing fuckery. Since the whole payment appears to be online,  and as a one-time payment , I'm pretty sure this is  just an online textbook or video database. I can't imagine anyone wanting to sit in a cafe with this guy and the fact that he can fish out bullshit but he scurries away like a cockroach when people call him out on his bullshit.SmartSelect_20190927-010638_Chrome.thumb

Anyways, his page looks like any other language learning page except with a far lower budget design. 

Edited by Sugi

Posted

Thanks for the information. I thought he was a teacher at a school though :/

Posted

Thanks for the information. I thought he was a teacher at a school though :/

I thought so too, but a lolot of language schools don't allow you to teach lessons outsidr of the school so this just has me more confused...

Posted (edited)

Did he even ever teach at a real language school? I know that he always keeps saying stuff like „My students told me this and that so I made a video about it.“ but I somehow just don‘t believe it. I just can‘t imagine him handling a real class, he‘s way too weird for that. I mean, I‘m not really a role model when it comes to social interactions myself, but Nobita is on another level. He‘s really like the typical right wing teenage incel. And why does he even want to teach Japanese to foreigners if he hates them and doesn‘t want them to come to Japan (at least not long term)? It doesn‘t make sense to me. I mean the answer is probably money, but who wants to learn something from such a toxic teacher? And who‘s paying money for that? I seriously hope that people aren‘t paying 60 USD for his shit.

Edited by mojabaka

Posted

Did he even ever teach at a real language school? I know that he always keeps saying stuff like „My students told me this and that so I made a video about it.“ but I somehow just don‘t believe it. I just can‘t imagine him handling a real class, he‘s way too weird for that. I mean, I‘m not really a role model when it comes to social interactions myself, but Nobita is on another level. He‘s really like the typical right wing teenage incel. And why does he even want to teach Japanese to foreigners if he hates them and doesn‘t want them to come to Japan (at least not long term)? It doesn‘t make sense to me. I mean the answer is probably money, but who wants to learn something from such a toxic teacher? And who‘s paying money for that? I seriously hope that people aren‘t paying 60 USD for his shit.

He also says "I have decided to do a video since have been getting lots of emails about this topic" when I can't find his email anywhere! it's not on his youtube page, so how is he getting all of these "emails from people" he probably lying and just coming up with the video topics himself.

Posted

He also says "I have decided to do a video since have been getting lots of emails about this topic" when I can't find his email anywhere! it's not on his youtube page, so how is he getting all of these "emails from people" he probably lying and just coming up with the video topics himself.

Good point. I remember that he used to say that he got a lot of angry emails from black people which somehow proof that what he said in his videos was right. But I was never able to find his email address. It's not on his YouTube channel and it's not on his blog. I always wondered how he's getting all those emails if his address isn't public. Let's just say that I wouldn't be surprised if he was lying the whole time. 

Posted

I really wish one of his former classmates or students did an AMA about him.