• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Nikoado Avocado

179 posts in this topic

Posted

I believe Stephanie will make a response video to Nick's video

Screenshot_20191231-132307_Instagram.thu

it’s going to be never ending drama for these two 

Posted

Honestly, I don’t get this whole expose each other on the internet thing between celebs because when you want it to end it never actually ends. Then it becomes this uno reverse card bullshit and it just becomes a whole shitstorm. It’s some common trend among celebs and honestly it’s kind of toxic in a sense where fandoms just attack people. 

Posted

i wish steph would just drop it already

it seemed like she was already moving on and then she had to make that story

Posted

Dam ppl are saying nik exposed Zach and calling Zach messy, but I’m pretty sure Zach consented since he provided the screenshots in the vid to nik. Tbh, I think it’s great that Zach is willing to sacrifice his brand to vindicate a friend. It says a lot about his character and that their friendship is real.

Also, he seems like a fun person to hang out with from his texts 😂

Posted

Dam ppl are saying nik exposed Zach and calling Zach messy, but I’m pretty sure Zach consented since he provided the screenshots in the vid to nik. Tbh, I think it’s great that Zach is willing to sacrifice his brand to vindicate a friend. It says a lot about his character and that their friendship is real.

Also, he seems like a fun person to hang out with from his texts 😂

update: nvm Zach is siding with Stephanie on his ig story LOL

Posted

i just watched part of the video but is it just me or does anyone feel like nik is a huge bully...? he seems like such a terrible person. i mean aside from whatever you think stephanie has done, nik talks A TON of shit behind her back and in turn makes everyone else talk shit about her too and they all just seem like shit people. like i dont really take anything he's saying to face value at all and i really hate people who are bullies. 

Posted

Zach posted his side of the story on Instagram 

Basically, he's been supporting Stephanie privately, those text messages Nick showed of him talking bad about Stephanie was when their relationship hadn't matured and he felt Stephanie was simply using him for views. Zach did not give Nick permission to use those messages. And finally, this whole drama is making him uncomfortable and he wants no part in it. 

Isn't the whole part of a collab is to profit from it? To put yourself out there to a bigger, and or different audience in hope's they get interested in you and your content. If Zach felt his relationship with Stephanie hadn't "matured" aka he didn't know her that well, then what was the point of doing a collaboration in the first place? They weren't friends at the time. YouTube is their job. They were essential just doing business from the beginning. 

Posted (edited)

It really wasn't that simple. Shookbang was a way smaller channel in comparison to Veronica and Sas and their abuse of the copyright system resulted in shookbang potentially being doxxed or having to shell out money because Veronica was going on about lawyers. Shookbang WAS scared as hell, they straight up said that, and it was with good reason. Shookbang only reached out because Nick was one of the only influencers calling Veronica out. Even other channels began to address it, once the news broke. It wasn't just mukbang drama at that point, it was YouTubers informing viewers how copyright and fair use ACTUALLY works on YouTube, exposing how Veronica used her numbers and power and lied.

Side note: What Veronica did was a power move that needed to be called out regardless. Even Manny Mua did the same thing not much later to another channel and had to be called out. Big YouTubers more and more were using the copyright strike system as a means of punishment in the worst way, potentially gaining personal information from other channels just because their ego got bruised. Plus, that's how social media works anyway...? When larger influencers are on their mess, it's usually other influencers that have to do the call out in order for change to happen. It happened with beauty gurus being shady about their affiliate codes, it happened with prank vloggers getting caught for their fake pranks, the mistreatment of minors on family channels, etc. so of course a smaller Youtuber is going to look for another YouTuber on the platform to figure out how to face someone with power like that.

Talking about Stephanie Soo for a moment, now she felt cornered because of the power moves Nick displayed on her, gaslighting, interrupting, putting her on the spot, negating her feelings, making her feel uncomfortable, and resulting in her feeling the need to reach out to her audience. I wil not sit here and say the situations are identical as I feel it's a disservice to Stephanie's past trauma, but I will say that power dynamics are a thing and it's natural for those who feel cornered to reach out for help if they feel they don't have the means or resources or downright scared. 

I know I’m sort of going off topic of nik but, I sort of want to talk about this too. While it’s quickly mentioned. I suppose in a sense I could understand what she means by she felt like she was being “bullied” a lot of the comments in shookbangs videos and other videos I saw form to her people regarding Veronica have some pretty nasty comments. Imo Regardless if it was a “parody” I suppose she didn’t take the video lightly or even reading comments. Not everyone takes jokes lightly. Idk too much about the shookbang situation because I can’t seem to find anything in it but judging by what was said this is my opinion. I don’t understand how someone can not really be offended by people who make videos like “x annoying x” or “x Eating awkwardly” or “x sucking at video games” or something. It’s sort of just like nitpicking at the small things and some people just don’t take it lightly I guess. I won’t say anything about the big youtubers and the copyright strikes because I don’t know too much about that or the situation that was mentioned. 

Edited by Nansu

Posted (edited)

The thing is though, Veronica literally commented on the video saying it was funny and that she liked shookbang's content. Then when she did the strike she said it fell under stealing but it didn't. Shookbang fell perfectly under fair use. Even before you make a copyright strike on YouTube it warns you that if you claim a copyright issue over something that falls under fair use it's essentially abuse of the system (and potentially illegal I think). It's why H3H3 podcast won their case. Not taking a joke well is one thing, but it absolutely doesn't warrant what Veronica did at all. Like imagine suing someone for 10 million dollars just cause they called you "annoying." The ends don't justify the means. Plus, I'm not saying that no one isn't allowed to be offended by those videos but like...Youtubers across the board had those videos made about them all the time (Jacilyn Hill annoying Kim k for 3 min being the biggest one). Jacilyn was embarrassed, but she laughed about it. Even if she didn't laugh about it, she didn't really try to have it taken down...and other YouTubers who had videos like that also didn't really, cause they know it would be a waste of time and a bad look. It's why the YouTubers who did do it (Veronica, Manny Mua) immediately got backlash. But Manny at least took down the strike and sorted things out with the channel he struck. Veronica did not. She kept digging herself into a hole with lie after lie saying she contacted lawyers, saying that her lawyer and YouTube approved her deicsion (which couldn't be true because YouTube itself under their guidelines is only a mediator with these strikes, and I highly doubt a lawyer would approve of copyrigting something under fair use?) Veronica just went too far period, so I just don't think what she did was justified. She could have just messaged shookbang privately saying "Hey, I know the video was meant to be funny but I wasn't exactly cool with it." But she not only did the opposite publicly, she decided to go the extra mile. When she got called out she was saying things like, "Only I can make fun of myself." And "Everyone who doesn't agree with me can go f*ck themselves." Like...it was just out of pocket. She wasn't getting called out for not liking a video, she was called out for screwing with copyright and piling on lie after lie. If you want, I could PM you what happened in depth so you know more details? Since I don't want to derail the thread.  

Going back to Nick, smokeyglow posted her opinion on what she thinks of the situation. What do you guys think of the opinion she brought? 

Edited by cocoaqueen

Posted

Posted

just watched stephanie's whole video in response to nick

i can understand when your friend comes to you frustrated about someone else, you'd be empathetic (which is why i think karlee said what she said because nick only said "stephanie's ghosting me right now"), and i think people like that who only egg him on is what's making nick go overboard and believe his twisted narrative.
hyunee and that other guy in nick's stories used stephanie's own words to make nick feel better about being stood up. they would've never known that "in an out of sleep" line unless nick told them. everyone who got indirectly involved like hyunee/karlee/trisha only know stephanie through what nick told them, and how those friends choose to reply/use his words against stephanie is just childish

youtube's a whole mess right now. you literally can't even sit and eat on the internet without drama starting... for god's sake zach doesn't even talk and he's involved in this too lol like how did we get to this point of the internet

Posted

Stephanie came off so confident and strong, 2020 is looking good for her. 

But yeah Nick ain't got shit. He's an over dramatic, lying, and manipulative scaredy cat who probably secretly gushes over his skinny vegan self. 

Posted (edited)

Its really hard to keep tabs on Step since I know nothing about her other than her JKNews collab, but GG always do these things well than PULL, apparently Step pretends to have STD at one point?

This girl is nuts, so is Nick but at least I can see right through him, this is the kinda girl that would lie to the teacher about how her classmate bullies her if she gets a scratch, plus I remember someone in JK News mentions she is the crazy one (i have no time to do those kind of rabbit hole search so no vid)

Also, does anyone have a hard time believing her despite this new refute video? She is not a naive 6 year old girl to not know how to edit or not know how internet works, this is not how moved on person do, most of what she does in that vid is showing her audience what triggered her and doesnt try to refute Nik's claims, she drags everyone with her in that vid, knowing how rabid her fanbase are, love how she mentions Anti Bullying now, nice to not do that before or after Hyunee gets messages about how her dad deserves to die

Either way, Im just done with this drama, Nik you are disgusting as shit (and i will forever stand by this) but oh boy my head can't even deal with someone who edits her video like she was assaulted and doesn't even mentions it

Zach is also the in the same boat but quieter, he jumps the boat after Nik's refute vid didn't work against his side, all I can say is all 3 of them better not expect anyone to be their friends after this

I have been in Ytube long enough that if someone gets into this big of scandal, it wont be the last we see of Stephanie this year, good luck dealing with that to both of them

Cheers to American Mukbangers stuffing their face to oblivion

Obviously this is just my opinion so ehh

Edited by Kween of Moderation

Posted

I'm surprised so many are supporting Stephanie without researching her. She's just as shitty of a person as Nik.