• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

Nikoado Avocado

188 posts in this topic

Posted

While I cant stand Nikocado, I think Stephanie Soo had manipulated the situation. Starting the video talking about her past sexual assault, reading her texts vs Nik's texts in different voices (his in an aggressive voice), showing her panic attack security footage without quite explaining what the footage was of (a lot of comments seem to think she's being assaulted in the video by Nik or someone else), showing Nik's past footage from videos he was joking in (but she cut that out), etc... Then in the keywords she put "Hi Nik, I know you're reading this!!!".  She also clicked like on Nik's instagram posts that she said is about exposing her. 

I think she's shady af. She's playing up being a victim.

And while I think any assault is terrible and should never ever happened, someone mentioned that Stephanie's previous assault that she was crying about was a maintenance guy that came in her house and took pics of her without her knowledge........ She later saw footage of him doing this and she was very upset. Is this true? I thought by the way she was talking, it was more serious??? (Just want to say... this situation is horrible too and should NEVER happen but I was surprised to hear this is what she was crying about)

Posted

What do you guys think about Zack Choi’s response to this situation?

(https://youtu.be/mHcVEIjVQ14

As I said before it’s so freaking weird how someone call a person like that a friend. I really wonder how he acts in real life. 

His response was smart but I’m disappointed in him as a person. If you call someone a friend (Stephanie) you’d stand up for them. He should have been like “dude chill” in their group chat or something. So he should call things as it is and say they have purely professional relationships.

He def should've stood up for Steph, he's not involved so it's smart of him to not say anything but at the same time, Nik is clearly in the wrong here and more people need to say it, especially since Steph pointed out how she has no one to back her up against Nik.

I agree with both of you. While I think he could have stood up for her, I also think he is in his own right of staying out of it because it didn't involve him at the time, he was just stuck in the group chat. HOWEVER, I 100% believe that he should not continue any sort of friendship with Nick. You can stay out of an argument, a sticky situation, whatever if it doesn't involve you however once it's all said and done and you pick the lier, manipulator, total creep then it says a lot about who you are as a person imo.. 

Yay I was hoping someone would make a thread.

I'm honestly really disappointed cos I've been a fan and defender of his for a while now but once I saw his texts and the things he posted on insta.. I just don't see how he can spin this situation. Unsubscribed and unfollowed.

off topic, but I just wanted to say that I love your gif 🤣 one of my all time favorite dramas 

While I cant stand Nikocado, I think Stephanie Soo had manipulated the situation. Starting the video talking about her past sexual assault, reading her texts vs Nik's texts in different voices (his in an aggressive voice), showing her panic attack security footage without quite explaining what the footage was of (a lot of comments seem to think she's being assaulted in the video by Nik or someone else), showing Nik's past footage from videos he was joking in (but she cut that out), etc... Then in the keywords she put "Hi Nik, I know you're reading this!!!".  She also clicked like on Nik's instagram posts that she said is about exposing her. 

And while I think any assault is terrible and should never ever happened, someone mentioned that Stephanie's previous assault that she was crying about was a maintenance guy that came in her house and took pics of her without her knowledge........ She later saw footage of him doing this and she was very upset. Is this true? I thought by the way she was talking, it was more serious??? (Just want to say... this situation is horrible too and should NEVER happen but I was surprised to hear this is what she was crying about)

While I'm on Stephanie's side and think Nick is disgusting, I agree with the security camera footage thing.. I couldn't watch the video past, what, 30 seconds in? Because I thought that footage was Nick attacking her and it made me sick to my stomach. I watched a video posted by someone else explaining the situation/their opinion and they mentioned how she showed her having a panic attack (aka that footage). I think throwing that in with no context is a bit too far.

Posted

Yes, honey, I completely agree with you. I've never been a fan of Nkocado and I've only watched him in Candy Godiva's videos (aka hungry fatchick) and couldn't stand his vulgar persona so now I skip those videos (but I love Candy!). In any case, I don't know anything about Stephanie Soo but after watching her extremely long response video I found her to be super annoying. I can't believe that a grown woman would be breaking into hysterical crying because some idiot was pushing her for some gossip. Big deal! Just tell him to f--- off and move on! 

This excuse that she's a victim of sexual assault and therefore beyond reproach is just emotional blackmail. Sorry, but what does that have to do with being completely hysterical over perfectly mundane things like being pushed to spill the tea on someone? Big deal. Keep in mind that (at least) 1/3 of all women have been victims of sexual assault and the vast majority of them deal with situations *much more* serious than this every single day of their lives. And that security cam video of her allegedly having a complete mental breakdown was so over the top... omg. What a performance! She deserves to be nominated for an Academy Award, honey!

Posted

Yes, honey, I completely agree with you. I've never been a fan of Nkocado and I've only watched him in Candy Godiva's videos (aka hungry fatchick) and couldn't stand his vulgar persona so now I skip those videos (but I love Candy!). In any case, I don't know anything about Stephanie Soo but after watching her extremely long response video I found her to be super annoying. I can't believe that a grown woman would be breaking into hysterical crying because some idiot was pushing her for some gossip. Big deal! Just tell him to f--- off and move on! 

This excuse that she's a victim of sexual assault and therefore beyond reproach is just emotional blackmail. Sorry, but what does that have to do with being completely hysterical over perfectly mundane things like being pushed to spill the tea on someone? Big deal. Keep in mind that (at least) 1/3 of all women have been victims of sexual assault and the vast majority of them deal with situations *much more* serious than this every single day of their lives. And that security cam video of her allegedly having a complete mental breakdown was so over the top... omg. What a performance! She deserves to be nominated for an Academy Award, honey!

While I think there's certain things Stephanie should have clarified in her video, I don't think it's fair to completely invalidate that she might have genuinely had a panic attack over it. I doubt she'd go as far as to fake a breakdown but I also don't see the point of it being included in the video when she could have just stated it. 

Either way, just rubbed me a little bit the wrong way cause small things can definitely set someone off, especially if a similarly unpleasant experience has previously happened. I would stray away from making assumptions about someone's emotional state in a situation we all were not apart of.

Posted

Nik is an asshole and drama queen. I think we can all agree on that. But comparing what he did to the metoo movement was incredibly manipulative and irresponsible. 

Stephanie Soo clearly has a hard time telling people no and wants to be liked. Nik shouldn't have pressured her to talk but that is not equal to sexual assault.  Obviously Stephanie has major issues from whatever drama she went through in the past and she needs to speak to a therapist asap (if she isn't already). Its not normal behavior for an adult to be having panic attacks like that, crying, and sleeping to avoid a TEXT conversation about not hanging out. 

I've been sexually assaulted like many women have but I can tell someone "Lets talk about you instead" if their asking about something I dont feel like talking about or make constant jokes or just say "WTF you talking about?". Nik wasn't sexually assaulting her, Nik wasn't touching her, Nik wasn't yelling or abusing her.... Nik was trying to get tea for his dumbass channel.  He just wanted hits which now I guess.....he got...lol...

Posted

The way steph edited her video isn’t any less manipulative than what she accused nik of doing. She made it seemed like he assaulted her (like with the security footage but it turns out it was just her fiancé) when all nik did was try to get her to spill tea and gave her attitude for flaking on him. This could have been avoided if she didn’t left him hanging and told him straight out she was uncomfortable. Clearly a misunderstanding on both sides. 

I think her reaction was genuine but definitely over dramatic and blown out of proportion. Steph seems like the type to be super paranoid and the type to google shit and self diagnose/applies those “definitions” to her situation when it’s really not that deep. she probably freaked out when nik threatened to expose her (she prob spilled more tea to him than just the hair dye story) and decided to make her first move and paint herself victim. This is like Tati and James 2.0 lol. Also, mentioning the me too movement was similar to how Tati mentioned James was a predator who went after straight guys. Both irrelevant but villainized nik/James to make them look worse and help gain sympathy from the viewers. Also, she said she’s cautious about inviting ppl over but didn’t she invite jk crew over within the first few weeks of knowing them lol. 

Anyways, she painted nik as a dangerous predator when in reality, he’s just a drama thirsty asshole and everybody knows that already. What did she expect from someone with his reputation? Can’t wait to see nik’s response tho. Maybe he’ll pull a James Charles if he has any receipts 

Posted (edited)

Nik is an asshole and drama queen. I think we can all agree on that. But comparing what he did to the metoo movement was incredibly manipulative and irresponsible. 

Stephanie Soo clearly has a hard time telling people no and wants to be liked. Nik shouldn't have pressured her to talk but that is not equal to sexual assault.  Obviously Stephanie has major issues from whatever drama she went through in the past and she needs to speak to a therapist asap (if she isn't already). Its not normal behavior for an adult to be having panic attacks like that, crying, and sleeping to avoid a TEXT conversation about not hanging out. 

I've been sexually assaulted like many women have but I can tell someone "Lets talk about you instead" if their asking about something I dont feel like talking about or make constant jokes or just say "WTF you talking about?". Nik wasn't sexually assaulting her, Nik wasn't touching her, Nik wasn't yelling or abusing her.... Nik was trying to get tea for his dumbass channel.  He just wanted hits which now I guess.....he got...lol...

We shouldn't invalidate her reactions towards text messages tbh. My dad is a manipulative bastard who emotionally and mentally abuses my brother and I. Everytime, he texts me about my brother (for my dad developed a fixation towards my brother's rebellion and rowdy behavior), I get panicky and hard breathing (and other things I don't want to share) no matter how mundane the questions or texts will be. I know I shouldn't bring my own experiences (for mine is currently in progress and I don't know when will it stop and differs from hers) but we don't know much on her past trauma, whether the one who sexually assaulted her was someone she knew and trusted until it spiraled down into a toxic relationship where she can't escape from. Maybe the sexual assault was the impact that pushes her to leave that said person for her safety back then but the wounds aren't completely healed (and I don't think it will be either).

And maybe Nik's behavior parallels with the one who assaulted her? He might not have been physically hurting/abusing or the likes but Stephanie's mind might not be in the right back then and so are her emotions. Besides, she used to see him as a friend and I think that label may have been a factor as to why she couldn't say no because she doesn't want her supposed "friend" to be disappointment with her. She was aware with his behavior but she doesn't have the power to overcome it. 

And I get the confusion of bringing in the metoo movement. It was out of the topic because Nik didn't exactly brush off her past but rather bullying her to get whatever tea he could obtain from the Veronica vs Shookbang issue. I also was weird out by the fact she brings in the steps or points on how a person manipulates someone. Cause it is clear that she took it out from Google, like those on the top searches of whatever she googled in to get it. She can bend whatever evidence she gets by presenting those points at the same time while showing her vulnerable self on the video and her fans can easily be manipulated to conclude that was Nik's behavior towards her.   

She also recommend a youtube video towards the same topic. I'd be wary with those considering we don't that the person who is in the video describing manipulation is reliable enough to talk about it as well. She might also have been blindly agreeing with what the person says or thought that the video fits the agenda she was pushing. I also don't think she should've released a video where her emotions and the mental state she was in got the best of her as well.

And if the theory that Nik and Stephanie were really dropping the "tea" on Veronica and Stephanie backed out at the last minute due to her reputation or image she was trying to keep then she's already winning the battle with that expose video. As much as I hate to admit, we should wait for Nik's side of the story and see how it goes.

Edited by sadness
grammar error and typos and more ideas i wanted to say

Posted

On second though Stephanie is definitely being manipulative whether it’s unknowingly or not. I have a friend who used to also go into extreme crying mode when being confronted or get hurt by words (typically by something people do not get hurt by). It’s some twisted defense mechanism. Because once she starts crying teachers or other classmates would go on blaming other person. 

Nik is a horrible person but she definitely trying to paint him as predator as someone said before. Few things I found iffy but ignored at first

1) As y’all mentioned security footage of her panic attack. If you weren’t gonna sit through 40 mins and saw that little part at the beginning you’d think she’s using forage or her assault..

2) Stephanie accused Nik saying “how dare you” for invalidating MeToo movement. I guess it wasn’t a very classy joke but it’s just an offhand joke at the end of the day. It has nothing to do with her situation. He wasn’t invalidating her experience. 

3) “I have audio clips” is what Nik wrote on his insta stories. To be honest I would perceive it as an empty threat or that he has audio from the videos they made together that he cut out? But she made a quick implication that there was a case of illegal audio recording? Which is lowkey a big accusation to make 

4) Also I think Stephanie has some serious paranoia issues? She said that she left for a small time to toilet then saw from security footage how Nik was taking pictures and looking around at ceiling? Like why would you even check the security footage of someone while you were away in toilet? I don’t know why Nik would take pictures of cameras (?) she said. That’s weird. But there’s nothing criminal about just looking around and observing while sitting down. That’s just a human behavior.

Oof, while saying all this Nik still remains a horrible person and it’s unhealthy how he is STILL hang up on this Veronica Wang issue. I guess it is because it was the only time people gave him some kind of respect cause he painted himself to be this rational person. But I also changed my opinion and think that Stephanie blew this whole thing out of proportion. She should have confronted him in texts or just ignore him.

p.s lol I think this is my longest post. I’m bored on this Christmas break. 

Posted

thank god i found this thread. 

when i first saw readytoglare's video about this issue i thought to myself 'why is nobody questioning stephanie's side of the story?' because she is acting really weird imo. 

first of all, i think it was irresponsible of her to just sleep (??) when they were supposed to film a video. Like, stephanie you are wasting peoples time here and leaving them hanging, of course they are gonna be mad.

then she keeps on saying sorry over and over again and crying and it started to piss me off. normally, i have empathy for people, but her acting like that didnt sit right with me. 

i think at that point she should have just left the situation; nik wanted to talk about drama/tea and i think he wanted to do it in a lighthearted manner, stephanie however felt very very uncomfortable talking about that and she should have just straight up told him and if he doesnt respect her wish to leave this topic alone, leave the situation. 

however, she decided to make a 40 min video and paint this dude as the biggest psychopath ever. i think that was unnecessary and as somebody already said, it reminds me of the tati/james issue in which later on it was revealed that tati was being overdramatic and insincere with her video.

Posted

I agree with both of you. While I think he could have stood up for her, I also think he is in his own right of staying out of it because it didn't involve him at the time, he was just stuck in the group chat. HOWEVER, I 100% believe that he should not continue any sort of friendship with Nick. You can stay out of an argument, a sticky situation, whatever if it doesn't involve you however once it's all said and done and you pick the lier, manipulator, total creep then it says a lot about who you are as a person imo.. 

off topic, but I just wanted to say that I love your gif 🤣 one of my all time favorite dramas 

While I'm on Stephanie's side and think Nick is disgusting, I agree with the security camera footage thing.. I couldn't watch the video past, what, 30 seconds in? Because I thought that footage was Nick attacking her and it made me sick to my stomach. I watched a video posted by someone else explaining the situation/their opinion and they mentioned how she showed her having a panic attack (aka that footage). I think throwing that in with no context is a bit too far.

Thank you! Park Seo Joon is my husband, he just don't know it yet lmao

Posted

There's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said by you guys. But I too couldn't watch her video because I thought the security footage was her being attacked by Nikocado and it creeped me out. I'm honestly not on anyone's side on this situation only because I rather wait for more things to come out since we have seen in the past how things can take a turn. I think Nik is a POS but I think Stephanie is being a little manipulative? Idk, I just think she knows what she is doing if you catch my drift. I do sympathize with her though, because I don't think she has the long history of shittiness that Nikocado has. But only time will tell. 

Posted

The security footage of Stephanie having a panic attack shouldn’t have been shown considering a lot of people got the wrong idea thinking Nik attacked her, she just should’ve stated she had a panic attack.  As for Nik taking pics of her home I’m not sure how I feel about it he could’ve been taking selfies but I can see it can be creepy to take pics of someone’s home just out of nowhere he’s clearly not doing it for any job related purpose. But since this situation, Nik has privated his Instagram and deleted the response on his story