• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Who else feels lonely?

32 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by Sunflowers

Posted

I feel pretty alone now too. My boyfriend is going to boot camp for the next two months and I'll only be able to talk to him by letter. It'll be hard because he really helped me through a dark time in my life. I know it's just two months, but I'm afraid that it will feel like years.

Posted

Yes, of course. The majority of people will relate with you. They just don't say it...However I can confirm I do feel lonely really often. It's funny how there's so many lonely people in the world, we need to form a group hug or something lol

Posted

I feel you...

I'm in my 20s and in college and all my classmates seem to already have friends, meanwhile I'm always alone. 

I'm quite sociable in the classroom, people compliment me and sit with me and laugh at my jokes, but once class ends im all alone again. I've never tried getting classmates contacts bc I'm too nervous lol I just hurry out of class as quickly as I can. My sociability is just an act tbh, I'm deathly afraid of interaction and rejection.

I thought about joining a club at my school but I feel like I'd look silly walking into any of them and the thought makes me so anxious.

I feel like it's weird for someone my age to be so alone. 

Posted (edited)

I'm lonely most of the time too since my ex best friend and only friend does not talk to me anymore since she found new friends/ better friends than me and threw me basically away.. I cried for days and felt really alone but I'm glad I have my family and whenever I feel shitty I hug my mom and feel a little better but to be honest I wish I had at least a few friends that really liked me and actually made efforts to hang out with me

Edited by potato

Posted

You need to reevaluate your own personal inner happiness. Being jealous of other people's lives won't solve your own loneliness. Staying in a wrong crowd is much lonelier, you have to know how make yourself happy by yourself. Get comfortable in your own skin. And stop browsing other people's social media. You will be much happier offline than online.

Posted

i'm always alone. i don't make friends that much, i have friends and a best friend that i don't talk that much. idk cos i feel like nobody understands me or i feel like people get tired of me and leave. i just got used to the loneliness. i wish i had a boyfriend but sometimes i don't.

Posted

I am pretty much always alone, especially cause I hate social media and people are so self absorbed.

It's painful somedays, and a mild annoyance other days.

Posted (edited)

i've been lonely for so long that i'm honestly just used to it. i don't really feel sad about it anymore

which is concerning

at least i love myself lol

i have a lovely boyfriend, but i wanna have friends to hang with when he's busy

i'm in the esports club rn, pushing myself and being more social to maybe make a couple friends :anime:

Edited by Neglected

Posted

I'm at a point where I know lots of people and can probably consider them acquaintances but I don't feel I get down to a deeper level with the majority of the people I interact with.  It's like I do and I don't want friends, if that makes sense

Posted

I am an ugly person and I am in an eternal state of isolation even when in social gatherings.

Posted

I haven't had a friend in ages i'm pretty much alone all the time .My psychiatrist says that is my fault bc i'm not friendly but i don't do it intentionally ,is just the way i am. I know i have a shitty personality and to be honest i don't mind to be alone but there's sometimes that i'm bored and i don't have anyone to hang out or even to talk to and it sucks 

Posted

Both my friends live far away from me, one of them is a good 8-10 hours from me and the other is planning to move 3 hours away. I'm unemployed at the moment and I study online so I literally never leave the house, I don't even know how adults can make friends. I get lonely to the point that it hurts, and I'm considering seeing someone about it though.

Posted

Hope this thread is still active, lol. My one good friend is overseas at uni and I haven't been able to make friends in my class at school due to anxiety (+other reasons I'd prefer not to get into :alpacaworry2:). The majority of the time when I'm at school, I try to watch videos and listen to music so that I wouldn't feel as alone... (sometimes I'd even text my mum). I'm trying to remain positive though, and I hope by the time I enter 2nd year, I'd have at least one acquaintance. :alpacasad:

Posted

i recently went to a house party concert type hybrid event with someone for the first time in forever and i feel so overjoyed having time with another person tht isn't in my immediate family or merely an acquaintance. she seems really sweet and i'd love to hang out more with her and open up to her, i'm only fearful that she'll up and leave me at a moments notice if i say or do anything wrong. i know i probably wont or if i do it may be forgiven, but there's just this tendency i have to push others away with who i am.

and thus i've had a cycle of friendships that dont last longer for more than 2 years, 1.5 if i'm lucky. i spent my formative high school years switching between schools and never maintaining contact with anyone, i'm terrible, and it's even harder in college. i want to get out, or go to a university, or something that allows me to form friendships due to proximity factors... almost nobody in community college wants long term friendships so i'm surprised i met someone who even cared about my existence. she's so nice and i dont deserve her, even early on she texted me the one day i was out of class in concern. i dont deserve people like this... i'm not sure how long our contact will last.