• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Who else feels lonely?

32 posts in this topic

Posted

I just wanted to see if there other people who also feels alone. 

I am a really quiet person but I have lots of opinions and enjoy alone time. However, because of this it is kind of hard for me to make new friends. I do have friends, but I don't feel like we hang out a lot. Either because everyone is busy and schedules just don't match up. Whenever I go on Facebook it seems like everyone is outside enjoying the sun and having fun with their friends. I'm more of a homebody and I don't mind it, but it just feels like I'm missing out. I'm also not the type of person to initiate plans a lot.

Posted

Hey OP I know this is really late but it might help others who might feel in the same situation as you are.

Social media is a highlight reel of a person's achievements or life events, they choose what they want to put up. It doesn't show the whole story of them as an individual. 

Friends will come to you no matter what type of person you are, you just have to find those individuals or they find you instead. Although you don't hang out with your friends in person, social media has helped connect others online. If they are friends to keep, it is worth having some type of connection with them even though it isn't a physical one.  

However, if you fear that you are missing out on something (such as hanging out with others), you have to initiate plans for meetups and what not to show that you have an active interest to still being friends with others. Everyone is busy, however; the friends that are worth keeping are the ones that are willing to spend time with you even if they are busy. 

Posted

I dont have friends either.

I've never made any since after 6th grade, and im in college now. Ive tried lots since my mom was on my ass about it, it was bit hard.  I was getting bullied, people I assumed were my friends abandoned me, etc. It is a bit lonely, but that's fine by me. People are starting to get on my nerves anyway. I'd also rather not pressure myself to want something I can live and do better without. 

Posted

I have no friends in real life. 

I do actually have internet friends, but I feel as like some people judge it for "not being a real friendship". I feel like sometimes ignored or being not an interesting person. My awkwardness and anxiety run over. I'm not even sure how to make friends anymore because of it, because my interests are different from it and they'd judge me for it. I still feel horrible because I couldn't make amends with the friends I used to be with and I'm scared that I might do the same treatment to my current ones. 

Posted

I feel alone a lot. I didn't have many friends before university and was used to being alone until I met my first boyfriend. I have great friends now, but since most of us have all graduated and moved away I don't live close to any of my friends at all. The closest friend of mine is six hours by bus away. lol Maybe because I was a loner before it doesn't make me sad that they're so far away or lessen my friendship with them.

But since I left my last partner it's been hard adjusting to being alone and not having friends nearby has made it harder. :/ I live in the middle of nowhere currently. Hoping when I move I can make new friends and be able to see my current and old friends easier.

Posted

I also tend to feel alone. It sucks because I'm quiet with people I don't know. I would like an internet friend because I work a lot and I dont really have time to invest in a real-life friendship. Currently my boyfriend is the closest friend I have and I really want a girl-friend. :alpacadone: 

Posted

Dont trust what you see on social media.

Based on my private feed, I may seem like I enjoy company quite often, here and there due to work, in touch with many people irl. But honestly, it's lonely and suffocating. I always have to conduct myself in a certain way to maintain things. Nobody bothers to actually know me on a personal level. It follows that I dont have an established friendship with them despite all our group pictures together. I only get a breather with a select few individuals who are unfortunately just as busy as I am. Ah well, life. The fun part of the internet fills in the void, even just a bit. 

Posted (edited)

I have no friends really. My oldest friend who I though I was getting closer to again is away at university and my boyfriend doesn't want me to have a relationship with her anyway.

Edited by Daenerys

Posted (edited)

Edited by nosejob
deleted cause I wrote this at 4.AM and was on my feelings

Posted

I feel alone a lot, too.

I've never made my own friends. I've just sort of "ended up" with people because people in school were adamant to be my friend for reasons beyond me. I never really minded it, but I never really liked it, either. I moved away from my friends and family and I now live on the opposite side of the country with just my boyfriend.

I'm learning to like it, though.

Posted

I work from at night so I don't see many people except for my husband. He is my best friend and I love him dearly but I wish I had better luck with friends. I had one friend that had been my friend from childhood but she stopped being my friend for the stupidest of reasons. She had cheated on her husband and decided to divorce him. She actually got mad at me because when she asked me if I was happy in my marriage I said yes. She got mad because she had all of these plans for her and I to live together in Chicago. I told her that I was staying put. My only other really good friend is a male and he has developed feelings for me and that is not good as I am married. I love going to the movies and going for drives and all the things my husband and I do together but I would love a female friend to share things with. I also am very much of a loner who enjoys reading, watching things I enjoy and playing with my cats and dog but it does get lonely sometimes.

Posted

I feel lonely a lot, but I also find that being self reliant and getting things done makes me less lonely. Maybe it's more a fear that I can't make it on my own and need people.

Posted

I don't have too many friends myself (more acquaintances) but I always try to start conversations with really silent people who seem to be alone a lot. Some actually enjoy being alone while others don't so I try my best. That is exactly what I wanted to happen to me when I was in high-school eating in the bathroom because I had no one to even say good morning to. I at least want to have them sitting at my table with my school mates, even without talking. That way they have a place to be at and don't feel too alone.

Things will change, no matter how long it will take. Even just having internet friends is great, as those are friends too. 

Posted

Honestly, I've lost a lot of people who thought were my friends, turns out they weren't very good pals from the beginning, but that's another story. Focusing on my health and college helps, but I'm a very social person so it takes a toll on me. 

Posted (edited)

Edited by TiraMissU
Deleted