• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

music George "Joji" Miller (@sushitrash)

1391 posts in this topic

Posted

his fans are so weird tho 

most of them are like "i love joji more than anything and also wanna beat the shit out of him" 

i know the gag is that joji's a dumbass, which he is, but it's strange nonetheless

they always call him chubby and shit too. He lost a lot of weight recently and I saw a lot of fans saying they want him fat again. They point out his flaws (acne scars, hairline) out a ton as well. It's super weird. 

y'all saw that video of him banging his head against his phone? it looks painful. even left a mark on his forehead. 

https://twitter.com/sushitrash/status/1170756913782378496

Posted (edited)

his stage presence is kind of awkward but he sounds pretty good here tbh

saw him at 88rising and even though he is kinda awkward, he did put on a good performance and he was pretty funny too.

I feel like it has to do because he isn't use to stage presence. I also saw him at the 88rising Head In The Clouds festival and other concerts before and I think he's not use or isnt completely comfortable yet to being around a live audience since he mostly made and performed music alone in his apartment or with friends. He was always funny and fun to sing with on stage and also eventually would thaw out and get more comfortable, then he starts to interact more with the audience.

Edited by Secret Haven

Posted

My friend went to his performance in Vancouver Canada, she said it was awful. The backtrack and his vocal track had tons of playback. Wasn't there some controversy with the HITC festival? 

Posted

My friend went to his performance in Vancouver Canada, she said it was awful. The backtrack and his vocal track had tons of playback. Wasn't there some controversy with the HITC festival? 

Aren’t all of his performances awful? Can’t remember ever hearing someone say something good about his shows aside from blind worshipping  and oMg He’s So BeAuTifuL!!!

Posted

I like Joji & his music and I'm so happy for him and his career, however I do find it vaguely amusing that he has so many thirsty fans these days. Only 2-3 years ago he was still Filthy Frank and one of the weirdest YTers out there, and now he's making good music and looking so much cooler lol; talk about an unlikely heartthrob. :alpacaheadshake:

As for his performances I get the vibe that he's kinda... awkward? In that he's finally not playing a character when he's in the public eye and he seems like he still doesn't really know how to act. I guess it's just a consequence of playing Frank/ PinkGuy for so long especially during his formative years.

Also this is from a few pages back now, but re: Joji's appearance and how tired he looks, 9 times out of 10 it's lighting and the bags under his eyes. I can speak from experience bc if I'm not wearing makeup my dark circles are ridiculous and make me look way more tired than I really am. Sometimes, it's just in the genes. :alpacadone: I will say though that he looks younger now than he did when he was playing Frank LOL. How he managed to look like a 40 y/o man while not even being 20 I will never wrap my head around.

Posted

I like Joji & his music and I'm so happy for him and his career, however I do find it vaguely amusing that he has so many thirsty fans these days. Only 2-3 years ago he was still Filthy Frank and one of the weirdest YTers out there, and now he's making good music and looking so much cooler lol; talk about an unlikely heartthrob. :alpacaheadshake:

he's been a heartthrob ever since like 2015 when he went to pax australia with max and idubbbz. people realised that he's actually really cute and normal out of character and started drooling over him

Posted

I hope he will get used to stage pref and we will see happy, confident Joji, singing songs that he is proud of :alpacashocked: I haven't checked on him in awhile and been worried if he still looks unhealthy, but I am really glad that he seems to be doing well (appearance wise at least ?) !

I think alot of people from his fanbase are thirsty over him because sadboy / edgy singer stuff is really popular nowadays to be honest. Least if you are talkin about new fans. But i agree with

he's been a heartthrob ever since like 2015 when he went to pax australia with max and idubbbz. people realised that he's actually really cute and normal out of character and started drooling over him

too. People been fangirling over him also when he made 'out of character' video in which he was really chill and looked cute as heck.

Posted

oh wow I never knew that! I've never followed FilthyFrank closely so I'm out of the loop :alpacashocked:

Posted

Joji needs some form of a stage presence cuz all he does is yell into his mic and awkwardly dances.

Posted

I was watching Feast Mansion, the series he's done with Rich Brian and sponsored by "First We Feast". It was a total blast for the first season and Joji actually gave most of himself to avoid being awkward in videos as his own persona; he's grown that tiny bit just more confident in showing himself outside his own character that his humor came out more or less genuine and alongside Rich Brian, all season 1 felt like a total blast.

Season 2 got immediately ruined by the random monkey noises. But aside from that, I like seeing Joji being comfortable with himself and while not every song is a total hit, he's still pretty dope. Breathe is actually something I find myself listening to more and more as of late. 

Posted

Breathe is actually something I find myself listening to more and more as of late. 

Breathe is pretty good. kinda sad that it was shit on by his fans literally seconds after it was released because it wasn't "joji" enough ¬¬ i kinda felt bad when i saw the comments

Posted

Breathe is pretty good. kinda sad that it was shit on by his fans literally seconds after it was released because it wasn't "joji" enough ¬¬ i kinda felt bad when i saw the comments

Yea I surprisingly saw a few comments of people saying that, and I was kinda like... it's a collab, what did you expect... it has be Joji + someone else otherwise it wouldn't be a collab.

I liked Breathe but I don't love it, mainly bc I can't as easily sing along to it like I can w/ Sanctuary or Slow Dancing in the Dark lol :alpacaheadshake:

Posted (edited)

Joji needs some form of a stage presence cuz all he does is yell into his mic and awkwardly dances.

OMG fr fr why IS he dancing like that??? 😂😂😂😂

I died at 4:32 when he was thrusting his hips HAHAHA "dancing" 

Edited by OhGee

Posted

ok but he cute

Posted

ok but he cute

i don't know why but he looks healthier here? he usually looks pale and malnourished? maybe its just me but- <3333 either way