• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

music George "Joji" Miller (@sushitrash)

1391 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

@Dreamycat

He doesn’t owe you guys anything. If you’re curious don’t blame it on HIM. He chooses what part of his life he wants to share. It’s honestly a disgusting mentality to want to look into every celebrity’s life like they’re a magazine. And if they don’t share enough, then suddenly it’s their fault for being so private. The deal is simple: he doesn’t want to talk about his life? stop looking into it. Not only is it disrespectful and creepy, but it’s not safe for him or the people that he knows. You’re saying that it’s inevitable but that’s a complete lie. Nothing stops you from stopping this investigation and listen to his music in peace. The mentality that celebrities have to share everything is toxic and lead to obsessive fans and murders more than once.

honestly if my fanbase kept digging through my personal life even though I don’t want them to, with the excuse “it’s ok because I’m not harassing anyone”, I’d hate you guys too. How can you even consider yourself fans when you do this? 

There is no contract in this world that says, when you make good music, and get recognition from it, your entire life and soul belongs to the world. Consider him like a human being before a celebrity and stop trying to interfere with his own, personal life. Seriously people commit suicide because of this. 

Im NOT talking about overprotective fans. I’m talking about YOU. Don’t try to compare yourself to them to minimise what you’re doing. It’s wrong and plain evil. And believe I’ve been close to public figures, this type of stuff leads anyone crazy - just because they don’t show it doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen. 

The more YOU, as a fan, pay attention to these rumours, the more you’re making them grow. In other words, you are part of the toxic “minority”. 

Also, stop thinking that if he answers anything the issues will go away. Because if he answers, people will get the message that if put enough pressure he will give in and give the answers they want. It only feeds to more rumours and more “scandals”, which is what the US entertainment is made of now. The more he talks the more people will ask, simple as that. Proof? People kept asking if he was dating someone. Now that he answered, they want to know who. It won’t stop, ever, it’s naive to think it will.

sincerely hoping he isn’t affected by this and he never answers any of you guys. I can’t believe how ridiculous you are thinking that you “have the right to know” when literally you don’t. Just listen to his music. 

I don't know if you read all of my comment but i clearly said he doesn't owe us anything. It is sad and unfortunate that there are extreme people that will go out of their way to harass him but it happens and im sorry but its inevitable. Just because something is inevitable it doesn't mean its ok, i never said that. Being even slightly famous puts you at a spotlight. If I, as a regular person that knows, lets say, at most 200 people, can get harassed, the chances of me being harassed increases with the more people that know me.  People are shitty. Because there are some things in life that are inevitable, you gotta take some steps to protect yourself. I don't go out late at night alone because I know there's a high chance of me getting mugged or worse. If I go out at night and i am mugged, it was inevitable, not because it was my fault but because we live in a shitty world with shitty people. The ideal thing to do would have been to not go out by myself at all or to go with someone else in order to prevent the inevitability that a shitty person in this shitty world might appear and do something to me. 

I didn't compare myself to over protective fans, not sure where you got that from.  And I'm sorry but yes, having George say that he wants his life private and whoever he goes out with to not be harassed would deter some people, not all of course, from harassing him. (and btw, he never said that he was dating someone). Extreme fans are often extreme because the artist/celebrity doesn't say anything about it and because of that those fans think that whatever they're doing is ok as long as their idol never calls them out. You are right in that there is a very toxic celebrity culture in our country in which people feel entitled to know everything about people just because they are famous. Something you will notice though is that a lot of these celebrities don't say anything about it because they are advised not to or because they are afraid of losing fans and looking ungrateful to their fanbase. How has that silence worked out for them? Spoiler alert: it hasn't. You can accuse me of being another crazy entitled fan, that's your perspective. However, I don't see whats so crazy with saying George should stop being a little bitch who hates his toxic fanbase (that he created with the epitome of cancer,Filthy Frank, might i add), yet ignores everything with the hopes it will somehow go away on its own. He and all of those celebrities who claim to hate the celebrity culture they  still profit from need to look at what they prioritize, grow some balls, and speak up because very few of them do. 

Once again, I never said that he needs to share every little detail of his life. Hell, he doesn't have to share anything. All he could say is that he wants to maintain his life private and call out on those who insist on even harassing him in real life. He hasnt done this because he is afraid and has no balls. Things can't change unless you say or do something. Many of his fans (including the people on this thread, which includes you) are fans because of the mystery that this "Joji" persona is, whether he did this on purpose, or whether he even knows it or not, its a fact. His mediocre musical career depends on that mystery.  His music is not so amazing that people only exclusively like him for his music. People are more interested in that mystery much more that in his sub-par, mumble music. Talking about his life would erase that mystery, and people will eventually lose interest in him. 

Edited by DreamyCat

Posted

Ok I'm just gonna ignore all the arguments here bc I don't want anything going off in tangents w/ stupid rants and some of you need to calm down. This thread is abt Joji and this is PULL like everybody get off their soapbox

I'm just kinda skeptic abt when ppl say they've met Joji and talked to him? Joji is a private person, I don't think I would even wanna go up to him even if there's some meet and greet. But I'm more skeptic abt that blonde girl saying she dated Joji bc all she's said is info fans already know. A lot of fans would wanna date their fave singers and I wouldn't be surprised if they made it up for attention.

I don't need proof from Joji abt anything but that random girl who claims she hooked up w/Joji is sus.

If some fan is making up stories abt hooking up w/ him, dating him, etc I would see that being harmful to Joji bc in reality what if he doesn't know who the fuck that girl is and she's just some fan who's made drama. Like why would she answer at all about dating Joji to someone on insta asking? Wouldn't she respect Joji's privacy (she says she does) and just block ppl and not say anything?

I met him after a concert, I have a photo of us together because I asked him. I only had a small convo nothing big

Posted

He recently preformed in Malaysia. He looks great here. He's losing his belly chub and is singing live (to some extent). 

Great work so far, George! Let's see how long you can keep this up. 

Posted

Didn't this guy eat pubes once? 

Posted

strong dora the explora vibes w that haircut 

jk i love him

Posted

Is he doing like,,,,,,, meth or something

honestly wtf?

20190727_004913.jpg

Posted (edited)

honestly wtf?

20190727_004913.jpg

idk about that. Imo, he just looks tired. 

Lol give homie a break. He just preformed like two nights in a row at a festival. I would be worn out too.

Edited by Peinture de Namjoon

Posted

honestly wtf?

20190727_004913.jpg

He's probably stressed. He seems fluctuate weight a lot. 

Posted

Found this gem on Twitter from when he preformed in Korea

IMG_20190727_102659_092.jpg

😳 he looks so good here

Posted

it was an ongoing joke in the tumblr fandom in the past that he's a shapeshifter.. i totally get it, he looks different in every picture

Posted

he looks like he needs to shower asap! 

i don’t get why him doing drugs is always out of the question he’s a grown man with the money and means to do so. it’s not uncommon do do drugs being on the music scene. it could also explain the weight fluctuations... 

Posted

he looks like he needs to shower asap! 

i don’t get why him doing drugs is always out of the question he’s a grown man with the money and means to do so. it’s not uncommon do do drugs being on the music scene. it could also explain the weight fluctuations... 

He always could be we dont really know but even if you arent a celebrity its actually not that hard to obtain harder or illegal substances. My friends and coworkers at music festivals and raves have gotten fucked up on molly (MDMA/ecstasy), acid and even cocaine. Recreational use can hurt you if you're going out to these kind of events often enough. So him taking any sort of drug every now and then is highly possible and explain why he's losing weight so suddenly now

Posted

Off topic but is it me or does he look more Asian when he is skinny and not completely bloated? He really is a chameleon. He definitely looks a lot more attractive with less weight but maybe he should work out a bit. I know that he used to exercise a bit during Filthy Frank so his arms and legs were a lot muscular. It looks like not only he has lost weight but also muscle mass. Still better than the divorced-alcoholic-dad look. 

Yeah i don't get why people put drugs completely out of the question when it comes to George. Just because he says he doesn't do drugs doesn't mean its true. Hes a singer, you think he's gonna come out and be like "yeah i do crack and ecstasy sometimes, whatevs"? He hangs out with rappers and other singers where designer drugs are pretty common as well.  

Im no doctor but fluctuating in weight so many times a year for several years can't be healthy along with a combination of a debilitating condition. Sigh, and he supposedly was taking more care of his body. Pure bull.....

ʷʰʸ ᵈᵒᵉˢ ʰᵉ ˡᶦᵏᵉ ʷʰᶦᵗᵉ ᵗᵃⁿᵏ ᵗᵒᵖˢ ˢᵒ ᵐᵘᶜʰˀ ᴴᵉ ᵐᵘˢᵗ ᵍᵒ ᵗʰʳᵒᵘᵍʰ ᵖᵃᶜᵏˢ ᵒᶠ ʷʰᶦᵗᵉ ᵗᵃⁿᵏˢ ˡᶦᵏᵉ ᶜʳᵃᶻʸ

Posted

hi guys, new here

I've been reading through some posts..and I have some things that I would like to get of my chest. To say that some people think that his music is mediocre...

It may be true for some fans who have been a fan since Filthy Frank days, to think that he mumbles too much/it's so depressing, etc. well yeah, there's some truth to it. Different people different taste right? :) My dad can't stand jazz. I love jazz. We're still family.

But I would also like to let you know that: At the same time, Joji has taken the heart of another different types of new fans like me and my friends.  People who happen to enjoy lofi rnb, hip hop, trap

I discovered Joji from his music.  My first encounter was hearing YEAH RIGHT and I'LL SEE YOU IN 40 on Spotify's Discover Weekly playlist, and loving it right away.  I started really digging his albums and now I can't wait for him to release a new full length album! I need new Joji music ASAP since I played his songs on repeat non-stop to the point that I got tired of it, lol.

I find his music unique and he has a distinct voice. I like his music simply because he has nice beats. And lyrically relatable.  I find his BALLADS 1 album a beautiful exploration of heartbreak and loneliness.  His new single 'Sanctuary' though, is different compared to his previous works and I'm excited to hear what's next. Maybe he's exploring new themes? :DD

I had ZERO idea on who Filthy Frank was, and Joji's past YouTube career until a few weeks ago.  I knew Harlem Shake and Pink Guy's STFU song, and it blew my mind that they're Joji.  Hell I didn't know that he's half Japanese until a friend told me.

Those things makes me love him even more because now I see him as an extremely complex human being. mmhm ;P

Joji performed last week at a music festival in my hometown and it was lit.  He performed on the big stage.  His songs are slow and depressing but on stage he was full of energy.  Everybody sang along; he interacted with the audience a lot and everybody had a fun night! I hope he enjoyed it as much as we do

My curiosity upon Joji sneaked up on me and hell yeah I'm curious to see a glimpse of his private life and his background.  Or if he's dating anyone haha. Well indeed that's why and how I stumbled upon this forum.

But his private life is like KFC fried chicken's secret recipe.  Of course Joji doesn't want me, a customer, to know the secret ingredients he uses on the fried chicken, because he owns it and he doesn't want it taken from him.  Too valuable.  It doesn't matter though, I still love the fried chicken.

Forgive me and my bad analogy. anyways

Being mysterious makes it attractive indeed.  But I don't see, at all, how his amazing musical career depends on that.  I think I read somewhere that KFC's secret recipe leaked.  Now everyone knows the ingredients.  But people (here in Asia) still looooove to go to KFC. it's still FINGER LICKIN' GOOD

I don't think he's mysterious anyway, I think he's just very private.  And he definitely doesn't owe anyone explanation for his privacy.  Maybe his silence and his ignorance of criticisms are more like an IDGAF-about-what-you-think-of-me attitude.

That's all I wanna say, just want to share the love I have for Joji ;)

It's my first time and might be the last time I posted here so have a nice day everyone

Posted

Regarding drugs... yes, I think there is a possibility since he's involved in the music industry, like it was mentioned before. But, we cannot forget about his mental health situation, he doesn't talk about it since it's a sensitive topic for him to address and for that matter, in my opinion, it might be something really dangerous. Therefor, I don't think he plays around with hard drugs since most of them will mess up the nervous system.

I believe he might smoke weed and take specific meds to control whatever he has (there might be some fucked up ones that can have some serious side effects), not more than that since it can be way too risky. I have read some interviews, he always claims that he has to enjoy life, take care of himself and that he has interest on investing in the medical industry (there is not much depth into his interview regarding that topic). I believe it's all thanks to what he has. 

Although, I will not exclude the possibility that he has done some hard core ones back when he was on his Filthy Frank era (possibly some stuff regarding his parents too, that might explain why he's a fuck boy) and might be why he has this mental health problems. I mean, some of the things he has done for the videos might had a "little help"...

Also, he was raised in Japan, a country where all kinds of drugs are highly controlled. He finished school and moved to NYC for uni, where drugs are easier to get, I'm sure his curiosity by the time was up the roof.

"In Tongues" was fully made by him, in a dark time of his life. Songs like Pills, Demons and Will He can say a lot about what was happening with him. I related those three songs with a possibility of: drugs, schizophrenia and of course, a broken heart.

Just a theory... 

Other then that, I think he's a great artist, even thought he's last music "Sanctuary" hasn't spark much of my attention. Personally, "In Tongues" and "Ballads 1" are great, looking forward to his new creations. 

(I'm new here too, been reading this for awhile now)