• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Sulli f(x) / @jelly_jilli

135 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm not gonna lie, I thought this was a really bad joke and opened every news I could find because I just can't believe it.

I'm only slightly younger than Sulli and f(x) was  one of the kpop groups I listened to throughout the years. I know she was involved in some scandals but to be honest let's not forget she grew up in this vicious industry. There is no way anyone growing up as an idol can have a normal childhood and its obvious she wasn't given the support required to deal with all the struggles she faced. So in the end I couldn't judge her too harshly as she was just trying to find her footing in this world and quite clearly needed help with that - which she didn't get.

I'm heartbroken for her and anyone who was close to her. Nobody in this world should feel like they have to end their lives in order to escape that pain. I hope we as a society evolve to become more understanding and reach a status where anyone who needs help has access to it, so that nobody has to lose their lives to suicide. But maybe this is just wishful thinking..

Posted (edited)

Somehow Goblin just played in a little antique shop I visited on my work break 😢

Edited by Caeleigh

Posted

Fuck... I was wondering why this thread is up rn and thought there were more scandals... but this? This is on a whole other level and makes me frigging sad, even though I wasn't even stanning her nor F(x). It really does feel surreal. F(x) got me into Kpop so... Rest in peace, Sulli.

Posted

It’s hard for me to believe she actually passed away... I would always try to leave supporting comments under her post whenever she would end up doing something so simple yet so much hate came her way.

She was the one who caught my eye when I first came across f(x).

First hearing IU’s song inspired by Sulli brought a smile to my face but now I don’t know if i can listen to it without crying. 

Rest In Peace, Choi Jinri.

I’m so sorry you were always surrounded by hate. I loved you for always trying to be confident. 

2C52B105-7679-4BFB-BBB9-BD9D56A5EF51.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Oh.

this really hit me hard I was in class and scrolling through pull. this is so heartbreaking. I remember seeing her on this show and I remember thinking that she was fierce. I thought finally a breathe of fresh air since kpop is so manufactured sometimes. But the comments probably got to her more than we thought...

this really hurts.

Edited by Yummmi

Posted

i honestly can't stop crying, i don't think i can even express how i'm feeling right now. i thought she was getting better, i thought she was going to make more music and keep acting and everything would be fine, never in a million years i imagined things would turn out like this. sulli was a amazing person and i wish the world treated her better, rest in peace my little angel.

Posted

Beautiful Sulli. I’m so grateful I got to be alive at a time where I was able to see her pretty smile and heart. She deserves to rest easy now ;;;; what a heartbreaking time to be a fan. I hope her friends, family, fans can get through this 

Posted

Honestly I was expecting this to happen, she got so much hate like for everything, even when those things were not a reason to make hate comments, but netizens are just crazy sometimes. People in SK and some obsessed "fans" are treating idols like dolls and when the "doll" does not play how they want they give them all the hate. Korean industry must be really hard on the psyche, not only the agencies restrict them in everything around their job and personal life, but also the fans are very harsh and strict with them as well. I hope this will change soon and they will make laws to protect every one of them. I was not a fan of her, but I feel sad that she saw no other choice and did this. I hope she found her peace.

Posted

I've always admired how Sulli didn't let knets phase her (on the surface). I loved how she tried to live her life. Like I said 2 years ago, her antics where amusing. She didn't give a fuck about what you said. She did her own things and tried to find happiness in her own specal way. She could only take so much. When will others learn that people have breaking points? Idols are humans too. Society tore her down every chance it got until she couldn't take it anymore. You where so strong, Sulli. Rest in peace.

Posted

I'm still in kind of disbelief that this has happened. I was a fan of fx and it was a shame when Sulli left, and it was even more awful that she kept getting subjected to hate. The thought of her being so depressed in the world surrounded by people and a poor industry that doesn't support her breaks my heart but also makes me mad. She is the same age as me and I know I still have a lot of my life to live, so it is heartbreaking that Sulli is now no longer with us. RIP Sulli ❤️ I do have to say its been a tough time and this news hasn't helped. Its my friends funeral next week and she took her own life too so its very hard hitting with this as well. 

Posted

I can't believe she's gone.... I really liked her and was a fan for the longest time, ever since before f(x) came back with electric shock... I'm devastated

Posted

I wish this was all just a dream. 

Posted

Some of the hate comments despite her no longer being here is making me mad. South Korea needs a wake up call on how they comment on social media. This didn't need to happen. 

Posted

Some of the hate comments despite her no longer being here is making me mad. South Korea needs a wake up call on how they comment on social media. This didn't need to happen. 

I have read from somewhere that people are calling for stricter measures on social media such as having users’ real names being shown along with their comments.