• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

2199 posts in this topic

Posted

I hear the ariana influence but i'm also getting selena gomez vibes from the simple, slightly raspy "sexy" vocals she's trying to do. It works for selena because her vocal range isnt that wide and her natural voice is deeper so she makes the best of what she has.

But Dove's voice is squeakier and she has a broader range. She could do better and find a sound that fits her more. I know she wants to separate from disney but she sounds best with the crystal clear vocals she had singing for disney. She can change her lyrics to whatever she wants but her voice suits the overall sound she's already been doing, whether she likes it or not.

Her music is boring. None of it is bad, but none of it sticks with me and I exit out after the first chorus.

Posted

Her stans don't even talk like real people I swear. and they treat her like she's god tier. 

They don't even find it weird that she gives a gossip-mongering channel like shady the time of the day. Look at the comments left when she shared that stupid dove annoys her ex video 

That bottom one tho...self awareness is non-existent

[Finally gave so good a listen and thought I picked an Ariana track by mistake] wouldn't casually listen to again I'll stick with China and Sofia when I want to listen to the Descendants ladies I think]

idiot.PNG

idiotier.PNG

Posted

idk why but the sound vibe so good kinda reminded me of high school sweethearts by melanie martinez...

i think she's trying a little too hard to be edgier and 'different' from disney it's getting cringe like it doesn't sound bad but the lyrics...

Posted

idk why but the sound vibe so good kinda reminded me of high school sweethearts by melanie martinez...

i think she's trying a little too hard to be edgier and 'different' from disney it's getting cringe like it doesn't sound bad but the lyrics...

I got Melanie Martinez vibes from it too.  Definitely feels like she’s trying to imitate any singer that has an ounce of popularity right now.  None of her songs are original or something I’ll even listen to more than once.

To be honest though, I don’t like supporting any celebrity that has shit character.  I might be more inclined to support her if she wasn’t such an ugly soul. 

Posted

Gave the song another listen because I couldn’t really remember what it sounded like after I closed out the link...it is pretty catchy and I can hear Julia Michaels sound more now that I listened more than once. I actually think this one might gain a bit of traction and get some radio play. The I wanna get drunk right now line is still pretty stupid tho.

So I guess this was meant to be her single and the other two songs were like teasers? 

I noticed her song is on the Spotify pop rising playlist, I think Waste might have been for a second too, but like how does that work. Does that mean the song is being streamed a lot so they add it or do they just pick songs by known artists to promo? 

Posted

Lol as soon as I turn on the song, and hear the voice, I thought it was Selena Gomez. 

The song is beyond basic

Posted

Hey guys! Just made account but have been a long-time lurker of this thread.

Is it just me or would Bloodshot have been so much better of a fit for her recent music video than So Good? 

Posted

This doesn't seem like a smart career move...

She can't rely on her music entirely, she can make it her focus but she has to be doing other stuff, a new show or movie would promote the damn things a lot more, even Ariana understood that with Sam and Cat airing during her album release. and Sofia releasing music during and in-between projects. 

Also tried to figure out when the cheating rumors started and it turns out she took a photo of her and Thomas barely a week after the breakup...good thing she's not a serial killer because she'd have been caught in five seconds flat.

poor.PNG

do you think we're stupid.PNG

Posted (edited)

Just found this video about Dove, her surgeries, and her past. This was probably one of the most accurate and informational videos I've seen about her, as most others say that she's only had a nose job or lip injections. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A4-3ejKdS8

Here is one of the comments under it: 

Screenshot 2019-11-01 at 8.22.23 PM.png

Edited by LesGensSansEspoir

Posted

Hey guys! Just made account but have been a long-time lurker of this thread.

Is it just me or would Bloodshot have been so much better of a fit for her recent music video than So Good? 

Yeah totally.

But honestly all these music videos are boring.  They’re like a higher budget version of the vain videos she posts of herself doing nothing all the time.  

Posted

Yeah totally.

But honestly all these music videos are boring.  They’re like a higher budget version of the vain videos she posts of herself doing nothing all the time.  

The 'So Good' music video is pretty but I feel like they could've done more. Especially, if this is her actual debut song to the public. The one that she's going to take seriously. Like why does she have flowers growing out of her? Is it because she's so happy? Give the viewers a storyline, something that's intriguing. A music video doesn't have to have meaning but as you said, it just looks like another vain video she'd post on Instagram during a photoshoot. I don't know why she's paying Bloodshot dust because she could've had something really good with that song. Something different and "unique." Waste and So Good just sound outdated, in my opinion, but it could still get plays on the radio. 

Posted

Her lips in the music video... ugh. especially at 1:27 and 2:07. the visuals were really nice though, I liked the florals and the 'elf/wood fairy' vibe but it didn't really suit the song? It seemed like she didn't put much effort into the video, its so, idk, just aesthetic like her other ones

her cheeks look super botched when she smiles ew

Posted

Everything about her face is just off. Like, it’s not one specific part, it’s all of it together. She looks way older than her age and quite lumpy plus she has lines in weird areas from the fillers. 
6B9E8A26-1D4E-4175-A0D6-0C79CB5885C0.thu916AC8C0-F012-4D4A-AA53-7163D9F90825.thuWhy is her chin so long and pointy? Chin filler?AC761B0F-451B-4D13-8E21-ECA3D5EA1CC5.thu

In this photo below (she retweeted from a fan on twitter) you can clearly see the weird lines from the alleged buccal fat removal, and without the big lashes her eyes look quite small.

AC8D1FFB-586A-4226-A3CA-5F7E3B7C5265.thu

Posted

Everything about her face is just off. Like, it’s not one specific part, it’s all of it together. She looks way older than her age and quite lumpy plus she has lines in weird areas from the fillers. 
6B9E8A26-1D4E-4175-A0D6-0C79CB5885C0.thu916AC8C0-F012-4D4A-AA53-7163D9F90825.thuWhy is her chin so long and pointy? Chin filler?AC761B0F-451B-4D13-8E21-ECA3D5EA1CC5.thu

In this photo below (she retweeted from a fan on twitter) you can clearly see the weird lines from the alleged buccal fat removal, and without the big lashes her eyes look quite small.

These music videos just emphasis how botched her face is since you can't facetune videos and it's like they choose the most unflattering shots or Dove just thinks she looks that good... I truly think her fans must be blind because they keep praising her in the comments for "looking like a doll." That compliment used to be the truth in the early days, but now she looks like a doll in the sense of being fake. Her lips don't look too bad in this video as for being big but they do look really deflated and lumpy. Her skin just looks really stiff and overfilled, maybe that's why there are lines/wrinkles. I'm not too sure. :alpacadone:

Posted

Throwing my two cents onto the song discussion; I thought so good was meh; like others have said the melody/instrumentals sound too mellow and casual for what I feel are more 'party/upbeat' lyrics. Especially comparing it to Bloodshot and Waste they barely seem like they came from the same person, I get that they're singles and don't have to have cohesion but you'd think as an artist Dove would try to keep the vibes/aesthetic similar so people would talk about it more. Also her way of singing in so good made the lyrics hard to hear and almost mumbled at parts, it didn't remind me of Ariana's pronunciation it just sounded like she'd pulled back from the mike and was quietly singing. I'm interested to see the music video for it, assuming the teaser shots of the flowers and her in the 'floral makeup' and bodysuit thing is part of the video for it

Does anyone know if she's officially planned more music after this? Or an album of those songs plus like unreleased stuff? 

I wonder if she'll talk about it being co-written at all, maybe she'll try to get other artist's to collab with her now?

ive seen teasers of more music videos and songs on her Instagram so I guess she'll release more (maybe an album idk). If she had some well known artists collaborate with her I think it would promote her music more, but who knows how she'll pull that off. Honestly, the best way for her to promote it would probably be a film/tv series but I doubt any sane film director would hire her botched ass.

remind me not to pause her videos ever again

terrifying. she looks double her age...

dove9.PNG