• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

3308 posts in this topic

Posted

Re: those tiktok comments When did Dove say she was mean before? She doesn't seem like the type to ever admit that about herself but maybe I missed an important interview 🤷🏻‍♀️

She never did, this is a pattern with her idiotic "fans" they also say "she has admitted she got work done before and bla bla " when you ask them for a source they go MIA, lol pathetic, and yes those comments are CRINGE AF, i only love the one comparing her to Lea Michele tbh i think she's far worse, Lea at least never seemed shallow or vapid, she's like Lea Michele with less vocal ability and more obsession with looks and superficial stuff.

Posted

Re: those tiktok comments When did Dove say she was mean before? She doesn't seem like the type to ever admit that about herself but maybe I missed an important interview 🤷🏻‍♀️

I think that she’s admitted she didn’t use to be super nice to her mom somewhere or something but maybe I’m hallucinating. Other than that though I’ve never actually heard that she’s owned up to anything, even in the comments all she does is fight people or reply passive aggressively    

Posted

She never did, this is a pattern with her idiotic "fans" they also say "she has admitted she got work done before and bla bla " when you ask them for a source they go MIA, lol pathetic, and yes those comments are CRINGE AF, i only love the one comparing her to Lea Michele tbh i think she's far worse, Lea at least never seemed shallow or vapid, she's like Lea Michele with less vocal ability and more obsession with looks and superficial stuff.

lol the comparison to Lea Michele made me laugh cause they're both horrible, although I admit I think Lea is talented... but Lea never even bothered to pretend to be nice, she had a reputation as a bitch and didn't do much to counter it, which is at least honest. Dove just straight-up lies and made herself out to be a victim when she was a bully and continues to pretend to be everything she's not. 

Posted

Sorry to backtrack a bit, but Dove’s singing is incredibly confusing to me. I remember hearing her sing in Liv and Maddie when I was younger and thinking she had a great voice, in Descendants I thought she sounded alright and heck, I saw her in Light In The Piazza and her singing was actually.. good? (I saw it again with Solea Pfeiffer who was 100 times better, but Dove sounded nice anyway) but every time she’s posted videos of her singing over the last couple of months it’s like it’s gradually becoming worse? Her technique seems off and her vocals sound flat. Is she really that lazy, that she’s just.. not practicing? Does she care that little about her career? 

I'm not going to say it for certain, but "live" performances can still be altered. People don't realize that. The microphones are fed into a sound system (obviously) and if you're singing into a mic they can be tweaked. You can hear it even in bigger pop stars "live" videos. I remember seeing this video for taylor swift once comparing live to the music video, but it was completely pointless bc in 3 clip (before I stopped watching) anyone who knows what editing sounds like could point it out that some parts had been tweaked. It'll sound like a little metallic cling. You can't always hear it if you don't know to look for it since normally it's subtle. It's usually just pitch correcting. Think of it like a filter, but for your voice. 

Again, I'm not saying 100% it was edited live, but it wouldn't surprise me. People don't even question bc most people don't even realize that's a thing you can do. Also, since we're on this, yeah she also has zero sustainability. I mentioned it before with the DEH cover, but it was even more obvious in that last clip she uploaded. She rushes notes and gets winded incredibly fast. She majorly should focus on breathe control. 

after thought: if anyone is interested in in examples of "live" editing i can try to find that video and time stamp when some of the tweaks are. 

Posted

after thought: if anyone is interested in in examples of "live" editing i can try to find that video and time stamp when some of the tweaks are. 

I've heard of this "technique" but I'm intrigued to actually see/hear one, so yes, please.

Posted

Can she just get exposed already???
I am so sick of seeing the narrative she spun about her life and relationships being the only narrative widely known and accepted! 

8557C9FC-C47F-4961-9030-D85E5455B01E.jpeg

AF261BC9-6D9C-4600-8604-F6BB59A889BC.jpeg

8BE6D0A1-B2F8-4535-A64B-8192DAFEAEDA.jpeg

7D13E69A-3054-415B-AD5E-86B203F72C8A.jpeg

A6CD7DCE-3F65-4D23-80C8-FBA167361625.jpeg

Posted

Can she just get exposed already???
I am so sick of seeing the narrative she spun about her life and relationships being the only narrative widely known and accepted! 

8557C9FC-C47F-4961-9030-D85E5455B01E.jpeg

AF261BC9-6D9C-4600-8604-F6BB59A889BC.jpeg

8BE6D0A1-B2F8-4535-A64B-8192DAFEAEDA.jpeg

7D13E69A-3054-415B-AD5E-86B203F72C8A.jpeg

A6CD7DCE-3F65-4D23-80C8-FBA167361625.jpeg

she...just looks...a bit distracted [like she's talking to someone offscreen] everyone is acting like she's blinking twice to let them know she's being held hostage.

Posted

The thing is Dove rides so hard into her fans that anyone who doesn’t believe a girl’s story 100% as they tell it isn’t “woke” so not only do her young fans think that they are defending their idol they also think that they are doing everything right, not backing up their claims and just blindly supporting anything dove says because her side is just always the right side , and her fans that are too young to quite understand the politics of life yet see that she’s always politically correct and so they think everything that comes out of her mouth is correct. They think it’s impossible that dove and Ryan were just young and under the stress of newfound fame, it had to have been more. It’s like the same thing I said earlier where she’s a feminist but she also uses her title as feminist to teach people like Thomas and her fans how to support her and her lies 

Posted

The thing is Dove rides so hard into her fans that anyone who doesn’t believe a girl’s story 100% as they tell it isn’t “woke” so not only do her young fans think that they are defending their idol they also think that they are doing everything right, not backing up their claims and just blindly supporting anything dove says because her side is just always the right side , and her fans that are too young to quite understand the politics of life yet see that she’s always politically correct and so they think everything that comes out of her mouth is correct. They think it’s impossible that dove and Ryan were just young and under the stress of newfound fame, it had to have been more. It’s like the same thing I said earlier where she’s a feminist but she also uses her title as feminist to teach people like Thomas and her fans how to support her and her lies 

Gomez, Cyrus and Lovato never had fans this brainwashed...that sucks for her ex, just getting started in his career and his personal reputation is ruined by an ex's gossip.

Posted

She will be exposed sooner or later, i've never seen a snake not being exposed before, it will happen and you'll see.

I've always thought she was incredibly jealous of Victoria Justice, i don't know why but this is my theory, we know Dove is jealous of naturally beautiful women right? especially those who look like models without even trying, i think that's where she started feeling insecure and started creating more problems and kind of had her "revenge" by cheating with the first desperate guy to make it to hollywood so she can feel disirable again.

Posted

I've heard of this "technique" but I'm intrigued to actually see/hear one, so yes, please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIT_wBUFAuY

timestamps

The entire line, nearly. This one is very obvious. 0:45

The "of" and "i'm"  in "of next lovers they'll tell you i'm insane" is tweaked: 1:19

idk if this is editing or just her giving out and you can only hear the backing vocals (ridiculously low) but 0:20

"ah" in wildest dreams at 2:57

A lot of these are really subtle. (outside of the I knew you were trouble one. idk what they were thinking, that was very noticeable. ) In this video theres other examples of how to cover up singing. Swift uses a lot of HEAVY backing vocals/chorus type vocals. (The you belong with my clips, WANEEEGBT. etc.) And Blank space live was sung in a different key or something. Probably made it in a more comfortable register. You can also do stuff like change techniques (cheating high notes by doing falsetto/ or easing into them instead of belting for example) or just pick different nots that are in the same cord. Anyway, these are just some examples of how people cover up vocal mistakes and stuff even when it's "live". 

i feel like this is a good/realistic example bc swift actually has a pretty average range. She good at lyrics but she's never been a vocalist. 

Posted

So i was on insta, saw Dove posted some pics with Spirited away's pants... Then, a couple of hours later, i saw she liked a pic of indie girl Halsey herself. Which - i just found out from pull - apparently just had a Spirited Away related tattoo?

Idk i feel like she wants to "copy" Halsey now. And maybe it already started from some time already...Dove, please, no. 

Posted

So i was on insta, saw Dove posted some pics with Spirited away's pants... Then, a couple of hours later, i saw she liked a pic of indie girl Halsey herself. Which - i just found out from pull - apparently just had a Spirited Away related tattoo?

Idk i feel like she wants to "copy" Halsey now. And maybe it already started from some time already...Dove, please, no. 

I'll be up front with you, I don't she's copying Halsey  Liking ghibli is a classic "i'm not like other girls" move. If you like it, it's fine, but it's one of thoes things try-hards like dove do because they don't realize how ridiculously popular it is to start with. It's like "look how quirky I am! I like this specific franchise that's literally wons oscars and is in mall department stores! I'm going to treat it like it's an underground thing that almost no one has heard of!" 

Again, obviously people can like it, but this def seems like an example of trying to like "obscure" things that aren't even remotely obscure. 

Posted

I'll be up front with you, I don't she's copying Halsey  Liking ghibli is a classic "i'm not like other girls" move. If you like it, it's fine, but it's one of thoes things try-hards like dove do because they don't realize how ridiculously popular it is to start with. It's like "look how quirky I am! I like this specific franchise that's literally wons oscars and is in mall department stores! I'm going to treat it like it's an underground thing that almost no one has heard of!" 

Again, obviously people can like it, but this def seems like an example of trying to like "obscure" things that aren't even remotely obscure. 

Yeah, i agree with this! She isnt necessary copying  (since the post i saw Dive liking wasn't even Ghibli related, but i didn't want to point out their liking for Spirited Away specifically) but the timing of it all seemed kind of funny/weird to me (in a lack of a better term). Obviously could be a coincidence

Posted

She will be exposed sooner or later, i've never seen a snake not being exposed before, it will happen and you'll see.

I've always thought she was incredibly jealous of Victoria Justice, i don't know why but this is my theory, we know Dove is jealous of naturally beautiful women right? especially those who look like models without even trying, i think that's where she started feeling insecure and started creating more problems and kind of had her "revenge" by cheating with the first desperate guy to make it to hollywood so she can feel disirable again.

didn't she say somewhere that she'd been in a relationship where the guy flirted with too many people for her liking and that it was not ok and one needed to get out of the relationship [hypocrite]