• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

3308 posts in this topic

Posted

Don't you guys find it hilarious how she always tries to seem so cool and act chill when that's far from who she is? like remember in an interview once she was like "i don't get starstuck, they're celebrities and i'm a celebrity, bla bla" (lol yeah sure Dove) yet she fangirls about anyone she meets and what inspired my comment is in her last "Teen Vogue" video she tried to come off as "cool with haters", like "unbothered queen" and nothing gets her, yet she's always crying on social media about "negativity" and people being "too mean" and clearly cries to Thomas about haters all the time lmao poor dude, otherwise he wouldn't have mentioned "the negativity" she gets in his interview because oh i forgot "she doesn't have a mean bone in her body" poor thing.

Posted

I know a lot of celebrities/influencers are only posting about this whole ordeal because of social pressure and to try to come off as genuine, caring, empathetic, etc etc. but even so, they're bringing awareness through their platforms and in dove's case, she is exposing young teens to political and social matters when many of them wouldn't care if it weren't their idol talking about it... I feel like even if it's all a front, she is still positively influencing her young following (for once)

Posted (edited)

So don’t get me wrong, I love when celebrities call out issues such as this. That includes when she does it, even. But even though I appreciate what she has been posting, it’s very hard to look past the padding of her message with random vocabulary. Maybe if this was posted by anyone else I wouldn’t even notice, but because I know how she usually speaks and posts, the message is diminished because I just can’t look past how she is trying to sound. Additionally, all of her fans are following her lead and spewing out her vocabulary words and some of their own, but nobody is going to take them seriously because 1) they’re young, but mainly because 2) it seems as though they have no fact or real knowledge about anything that is going on to base any of their claims, and so then they’re going and fighting other people who have information and it’s this big battle of name calling/ big word usage vs. facts and then that’s not helpful for the cause at all!!

4F386D58-4720-4F32-98DD-811D2ACF3903.jpeg

I really can't stand when people throw out psychology/sociology terminology without any thought. I think it's quite dangerous and irresponsible for a number of reasons. First off, randomly calling a person a sociopath/narcissist without proof or professional knowledge only hurts harmless individuals that struggle with those things. Let's leave that to the professionals. It's dangerous to automatically assume any really bad person is mentally ill/has something wrong with them like that. Some people are just horrible.

Second, tweets like that are the perfect material for far right wing individuals to use to discredit any actual criticisms of the president. I know that they will do that no matter what but pretty baseless claims will be 100% used against her/the cause as a whole.

To clarify some more, I don't really doubt that some of those words are accurate descriptions of the president, but as far as I know there's no actual medical proof besides the rest of us understanding that this is a very bad person doing horrible things. 

Edited by mads07
missed a word

Posted

I really can't stand when people throw out psychology/sociology terminology without any thought. I think it's quite dangerous and irresponsible for a number of reasons. First off, randomly calling a person a sociopath/narcissist without proof or professional knowledge only hurts harmless individuals that struggle with those things. Let's leave that to the professionals. It's dangerous to automatically assume any really bad person is mentally ill/has something wrong with them like that. Some people are just horrible.

Second, tweets like that are the perfect material for far right wing individuals to use to discredit any actual criticisms of the president. I know that they will do that no matter what but pretty baseless claims will be 100% used against her/the cause as a whole.

Hidden Content

and she's the one to talk about "narcissism" lmao what a joke.

Posted

I’m glad she’s being so vocal about this, but quite honestly is seems very performative. She made sure that she said not only once, but twice, that she was at one of the protests. And she seems like the type to use it as a photo-op and post it with some caption where she doesn’t even understand what half the words she used mean. It feels like....she could be lying about being there. Nothing on her story about being there either, and you know she would take advantage of that. All these photos of celebrities going out to the protests are going viral, like I’ve already seen Ariana Grande and Halsey and people were praising them. Idk. It seems like she’s doing it to seem woke and to get praise from people.

A9ADC210-7C75-4558-A2CB-6D8D5EC69BD4.jpeg

I’m glad she’s being so vocal about this, but quite honestly is seems very performative. She made sure that she said not only once, but twice, that she was at one of the protests. And she seems like the type to use it as a photo-op and post it with some caption where she doesn’t even understand what half the words she used mean. It feels like....she could be lying about being there. Nothing on her story about being there either, and you know she would take advantage of that. All these photos of celebrities going out to the protests are going viral, like I’ve already seen Ariana Grande and Halsey and people were praising them. Idk. It seems like she’s doing it to seem woke and to get praise from people.

here’s another. Maybe she did go, but still, none of the other celebrities were posting about how they went. They showed up and protested with them and didn’t post about it because that’s now what it’s about.

F6CC17AE-E65F-4DED-B004-6A7AF49C7A04.png

Posted

here’s another. Maybe she did go, but still, none of the other celebrities were posting about how they went. They showed up and protested with them and didn’t post about it because that’s now what it’s about.

F6CC17AE-E65F-4DED-B004-6A7AF49C7A04.png

if this was her sign, there’s something not right with white people using this phrase

Posted

She couldn’t wait, posted in her instagram a video of her there. Disappointed 

Posted

On a very different side note, have you guys seen that Dove is actually in consideration for Glinda in the Wicked movie. 

According to Broadway sides, her, Lili Reinhardt and Renée Rapp are in consideration for Glinda.

What saddens me is that Dove is probably the most likely candidate of the three. She’s a common dream cast for the role and I’ll assume she has an alright head voice since she was in LITP (Though I feel like every time I hear her sing she’s worse than I remembered). Lili cannot sing whatsoever. And Renée Rapp is an insanely good singer but not a soprano and definitely more of an Elphaba. 

Hopefully there’s actually more people in consideration. Thoughts, anyone? 

Posted

I had a feeling she was going to pop up at a protest. She probably stayed for 10 minutes and took as many pics as possible. Bet she's pissed she didn't get arrested and can't be touted as some type of white savior like Cole Sprouse. 

Her name started being tossed around in serious talks for Wicked a couple of months ago... was hoping it was a rumor but guess not. If she loses the part to Lili or whoever after getting this close, that's gonna sting for her. 

Posted

What i love about her is how confident she is, she has such a thick skin! She knows that people who criticize her don't know the real her, they're just projecting their self hatred onto her and she couldn't care les.......oh wait 

dove blocked.png

Posted

What i love about her is how confident she is, she has such a thick skin! She knows that people who criticize her don't know the real her, they're just projecting their self hatred onto her and she couldn't care les.......oh wait 

dove blocked.png

are you telling me you’re blocked on insta AND Twitter? That’s wild 

Posted

are you telling me you’re blocked on insta AND Twitter? That’s wild 

Lol yeep! i scare her for some reasons, well i do mention a lot the fact that she has work done and that she was a bully so i guess those are two sensitive subjects for her.

Posted

On a very different side note, have you guys seen that Dove is actually in consideration for Glinda in the Wicked movie. 

According to Broadway sides, her, Lili Reinhardt and Renée Rapp are in consideration for Glinda.

What saddens me is that Dove is probably the most likely candidate of the three. She’s a common dream cast for the role and I’ll assume she has an alright head voice since she was in LITP (Though I feel like every time I hear her sing she’s worse than I remembered). Lili cannot sing whatsoever. And Renée Rapp is an insanely good singer but not a soprano and definitely more of an Elphaba. 

dove has a tendency of being someone they bring in and say they’re considering to lower the pay rate of the person they actually want. It’s like stunt casting but stunt auditioning. She has the superficial appeal to scare someone into thinking they might not get the role. It’s pretty cruel but they do it all the time. In a way it’s a win win, makes it seem like dove’s up for roles she could never actually get and boosts her imaginary esteem. Of course there’s a chance she really is up for it, but I HIGHLY highly doubt it with that face. Hollywood still has a tiny bit of of sense.

Posted

Slightly OT but on the topic of Wicked, at this point, I'm not even sure there's a big chance of this movie even happening. It's been pushed back so many times and a million delays plus with the current pandemic and likely second wave, will they ever get around to finally casting and filming it? I might have missed recent updates so let me know.

Even more OT:

As a Broadway fan, I am sooo tired of movie adaptations of musicals. Just release the recording of the actual stage performance, please. Granted, I'm a total sucker for the Rent movie (controversial?: I prefer it over the stage production) but the "_____ Live!" and movie adaptations are so unnecessary to me. They always just end up being way worse than the original stage production. If they want to bring Broadway and musical theatre to more people, they just need to release more professional recordings like they did with Legally Blonde and Newsies.

Posted

dove has a tendency of being someone they bring in and say they’re considering to lower the pay rate of the person they actually want. It’s like stunt casting but stunt auditioning. She has the superficial appeal to scare someone into thinking they might not get the role. It’s pretty cruel but they do it all the time. In a way it’s a win win, makes it seem like dove’s up for roles she could never actually get and boosts her imaginary esteem. Of course there’s a chance she really is up for it, but I HIGHLY highly doubt it with that face. Hollywood still has a tiny bit of of sense.

Listen if by any miracle she actually does get the role, then i pretty much underrestimated Kristin Chenoweth's power in the industry, lmao! I don't see any major studio giving her a major role tbh, for these major factors; problematic behavior, botched face, lack of acting abilities, average singing.