• Announcements

• *NEW* PULL FAQ   07/11/20

Hello. It has been a long time coming, but we finally have a PULL FAQ! In this FAQ you may find answers to most commonly asked questions here on the site. Please make sure to read the FAQ before asking a question in the Site Feedback (formerly the "Make Your Voice Heard") subforum as chances are your question has already been answered. If it has not been answered, then feel free to ask your question within the thread or make a new one with your question. The FAQ can be found in 2 locations: The News & Announcements section and the Site Feedback section. We hope this helps current and new users. Thank you.

3239 posts in this topic

Posted

Actually, she just posted that because she had to and she knows it's the image she has to project for people, honestly nothing from her seems genuine or coming from a place of personal issue, she just follows what is being said and what is causing an uproar and she speaks about it, now i don't disagree that it's great that anyone speaks of this issue but just look at the picture she posted on her story and you'll know the kind of person she is, she doesn't care about others except herself, in fact i doubt she cares about racism, i read people saying she was racist in highschool and to me once a racist will always be a racist, it has to do with education and how u were raised, and obviously we all know Bonnie didn't do a good job in that department.

Yeah, I don't really know what to make of her posts... on one hand, she's saying a lot of the right things and it's great she's using her platform to address her young following who hang on every word she says, but it also comes off as kind of virtual signaling-y to me.  

Posted (edited)

Actually, she just posted that because she had to and she knows it's the image she has to project for people, honestly nothing from her seems genuine or coming from a place of personal issue, she just follows what is being said and what is causing an uproar and she speaks about it, now i don't disagree that it's great that anyone speaks of this issue but just look at the picture she posted on her story and you'll know the kind of person she is, she doesn't care about others except herself, in fact i doubt she cares about racism, i read people saying she was racist in highschool and to me once a racist will always be a racist, it has to do with education and how u were raised, and obviously we all know Bonnie didn't do a good job in that department.

I did some digging before posting this comment and she’s been posting about racism even before George Floyd.

I know she posted about her crying face to be cute about racism (yes it’s a huge wtf). She’s annoying. She’s self-centered, delusional, whatever. She can’t speak French but says she can, she’s crazy. 

BUT, and call me nuts, I think she actually cares? Maybe not to a deeper level that we expect for someone who likes to be perceived as “smart” and “complex” and “dark,” but I definitely believe she’s personally affected by it. 

It could be that she’s just anti-violence (which is very plausible) so she talks of racism as violence which is why she is against it. But whatever the level of involvement, she used her own voice to speak against George Floyd’s murder. Keywords being AGAINST and using her OWN voice instead of passive reposting. 

ETA: Came from a thread about bestdressed who is being lambasted for being detached from everything. Dove seems like a nice person now. Lmao

Edited by la_rosalia

Posted

I don't know if this has been posted before here, but I keep seeing these pictures of her and thomas all over ig. there were people talking about how cute they look without even knowing they were being photographed but to me this looks extremely staged lmao. does anyone know the context of this?

dv.thumb.png.ddc5ded2c19f0e668c68d6e93d2dv2.thumb.png.594850b154a84dae7f4b747c10

dv3.thumb.png.524e3a0299d332f7abcb53b784dv4.thumb.png.498a8791b5d21efb9a748a86cc

It doesn't get faker than this lol Dove always has this one paparazzi she probably pays to capture "moments" like these.

I did some digging before posting this comment and she’s been posting about racism even before George Floyd.

I know she posted about her crying face to be cute about racism (yes it’s a huge wtf). She’s annoying. She’s self-centered, delusional, whatever. She can’t speak French but says she can, she’s crazy. 

BUT, and call me nuts, I think she actually cares? Maybe not to a deeper level that we expect for someone who likes to be perceived as “smart” and “complex” and “dark,” but I definitely believe she’s personally affected by it. 

It could be that she’s just anti-violence (which is very plausible) so she talks of racism as violence which is why she is against it. But whatever the level of involvement, she used her own voice to speak against George Floyd’s murder. Keywords being AGAINST and using her OWN voice instead of passive reposting. 

ETA: Came from a thread about bestdressed who is being lambasted for being detached from everything. Dove seems like a nice person now. Lmao

To me she just wrote a bunch of things that are being said everywhere on twitter, nothing different from her usual bs about mental health and "women". Again i doubt she cares about racism considering the stories told about how she treated minorities in highschool, she seems like the typical white, privileged spoiled brat to me.

Posted

I agree with you in that I think Dove is a very problematic person but she's not some one-dimensional psychopath. Like anyone else out there, she has some redeeming qualities and I try to be careful not to search for ways to shit on her just because she's Dove because it takes away any legitimacy when she gets called out for her actual bullshit. I think she does care about some social issues or at least some people in her life affected by such issues and it's good that she speaks up about it. Hell, maybe Cameron Boyce's birthday triggered her emotions on George Flyod because Cameron is mixed? Or maybe she is doing it for attention (that crying photo 🙄). It's hard to tell if she's being genuine because everything else she posts is so fucking narcissistic but I'm gonna hold off judgment on her police brutality posts until she hits some weird Doja Cat type of racism scandal.

Posted

I was watching the hairspray live (they uploaded it on youtube as a fund raiser) and was just kinda skipping through it when I see dove...making a completely dead pan face through out the nicest kids in town reprise. I checked to see if maybe her character was suppose to be annoyed in the context of the scene, but nope. It made sense for the 2 seconds where tracey goes "i'm tracey!!" but after that she just stays deadpan, only occasionally smiling/genuinely acting.  She seemed pretty checked out the rest of the time.  I tried to do screen shots but she literally just has her hands over her head doing the dance move looking bored and uninterested. That's so incredibly unprofessional. 

for a 30 second reprise, being caught this often making a deadpan expression is not great. SO MANY actor would have killed to be in her shoes and would be giving a 110% the entire time. It isn't like it was rehearsal, this was the live performance! 

Screen Shot 2020-05-30 at 4.15.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-30 at 4.15.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-30 at 4.21.16 PM.png

Posted

Just dropping off a little interaction I had in the YouTube comments. Even her stans are nuts. 

52F08E1F-D43A-4668-90BA-68AF0CA29E22.jpegC7C40773-80B1-4A3E-BA55-89FDDAEED8CE.jpeg

holy shit. I has a full on argument with this girl about dove haha. ive come to the conclusion that a lot of fans a delusional. 

i really need to stop replying to people but quarantine has got me ready to pick fights with everyone lmao

Posted

I think this sort of stuff is something celebrities notoriously bank on. It’s such an easy way to boost their own reputation. imo doves just gaming the system. I don’t doubt that she’s against racism, as everyone should be, but I’d bet her intentions behind the posts are more self serving than anything. But hey, if it spreads a good message I guess it doesn’t matter what the intention is. 

Posted

I was watching the hairspray live (they uploaded it on youtube as a fund raiser) and was just kinda skipping through it when I see dove...making a completely dead pan face through out the nicest kids in town reprise. I checked to see if maybe her character was suppose to be annoyed in the context of the scene, but nope. It made sense for the 2 seconds where tracey goes "i'm tracey!!" but after that she just stays deadpan, only occasionally smiling/genuinely acting.  She seemed pretty checked out the rest of the time.  I tried to do screen shots but she literally just has her hands over her head doing the dance move looking bored and uninterested. That's so incredibly unprofessional. 

for a 30 second reprise, being caught this often making a deadpan expression is not great. SO MANY actor would have killed to be in her shoes and would be giving a 110% the entire time. It isn't like it was rehearsal, this was the live performance! 

Screen Shot 2020-05-30 at 4.15.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-30 at 4.15.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-30 at 4.21.16 PM.png

I noticed that during a lot videos from the hairspray set, not even just the actual performance.  One that stuck out to me was that video she posted of her and Ariana on their male costars backs while they did pushups.  Ariana is giggling away and Dove is just staring ahead, with a dead expression on her face.. it was really strange. 

Posted

I noticed that during a lot videos from the hairspray set, not even just the actual performance.  One that stuck out to me was that video she posted of her and Ariana on their male costars backs while they did pushups.  Ariana is giggling away and Dove is just staring ahead, with a dead expression on her face.. it was really strange. 

as someone who is super serious about theatre that low key gets under my skin. She should appreciate every opportunity she gets because some actors with a whole lot more talent who try a whole lot harder never get even one chance. 

I'd go as far as to say that chenoweth handed her the role. I don't think its a coincidence in the slightest that dove got this role a little ways after costarring with chenoweth in the first descendants movie. Everyone knows they're all buddy-buddy. Now, chenoweth is constantly pushing for dove to be glinda in the wicked live action thing as well.

Like, before when I heard about that I was like "oh whatever. If she gets it i'll be annoyed but I don't really expect to be happy about any choice they make cause it's going to be stunt casting regardless." but after re-watching thoes clips from hairspray I feel assured that it would piss me off to see another coveted HUGE role get handed to her when she's shown that she doesn't care. She doesn't try to perform. She's there for a paycheck and it's obvious. Say whatever you want but you CANNOT convince me she's passionate about acting. She wants to do whatever will make her famous/fund her surgeries and 'perfect' lifestyle. 

Posted

as someone who is super serious about theatre that low key gets under my skin. She should appreciate every opportunity she gets because some actors with a whole lot more talent who try a whole lot harder never get even one chance. 

I'd go as far as to say that chenoweth handed her the role. I don't think its a coincidence in the slightest that dove got this role a little ways after costarring with chenoweth in the first descendants movie. Everyone knows they're all buddy-buddy. Now, chenoweth is constantly pushing for dove to be glinda in the wicked live action thing as well.

Like, before when I heard about that I was like "oh whatever. If she gets it i'll be annoyed but I don't really expect to be happy about any choice they make cause it's going to be stunt casting regardless." but after re-watching thoes clips from hairspray I feel assured that it would piss me off to see another coveted HUGE role get handed to her when she's shown that she doesn't care. She doesn't try to perform. She's there for a paycheck and it's obvious. Say whatever you want but you CANNOT convince me she's passionate about acting. She wants to do whatever will make her famous/fund her surgeries and 'perfect' lifestyle. 

she’s there for a paycheck **AND attention for playing the pretty blonde girl again

Posted

Was there any doubt that she got the role thanks to Chenoweth? I always thought it was obvious and i never really thought it was necessary to say it out loud, Chenoweth probably knows nothing about Dove's nasty facade and only sees what Dove lets her see, eitherway it's gross how the business works, she was clearly not in her element there, Ariana is a horrible actress but she can sing, the others were all talented, she was there to take selfies with Ariana and pretend to be buddy buddies with her.

Posted

So don’t get me wrong, I love when celebrities call out issues such as this. That includes when she does it, even. But even though I appreciate what she has been posting, it’s very hard to look past the padding of her message with random vocabulary. Maybe if this was posted by anyone else I wouldn’t even notice, but because I know how she usually speaks and posts, the message is diminished because I just can’t look past how she is trying to sound. Additionally, all of her fans are following her lead and spewing out her vocabulary words and some of their own, but nobody is going to take them seriously because 1) they’re young, but mainly because 2) it seems as though they have no fact or real knowledge about anything that is going on to base any of their claims, and so then they’re going and fighting other people who have information and it’s this big battle of name calling/ big word usage vs. facts and then that’s not helpful for the cause at all!!

4F386D58-4720-4F32-98DD-811D2ACF3903.jpeg

Posted

So don’t get me wrong, I love when celebrities call out issues such as this. That includes when she does it, even. But even though I appreciate what she has been posting, it’s very hard to look past the padding of her message with random vocabulary. Maybe if this was posted by anyone else I wouldn’t even notice, but because I know how she usually speaks and posts, the message is diminished because I just can’t look past how she is trying to sound. Additionally, all of her fans are following her lead and spewing out her vocabulary words and some of their own, but nobody is going to take them seriously because 1) they’re young, but mainly because 2) it seems as though they have no fact or real knowledge about anything that is going on to base any of their claims, and so then they’re going and fighting other people who have information and it’s this big battle of name calling/ big word usage vs. facts and then that’s not helpful for the cause at all!!

4F386D58-4720-4F32-98DD-811D2ACF3903.jpeg

Tbh she sounds like an undercover Trump supporter lol and she only says these things out loud for obvious reasons, nothing that comes from sounds genuine because we know how she is, we know how she acts, we know what she's done, that's already enough to know she's too hypocritical to make any political statement.

Posted (edited)

Read this webpage where she talks about how she got the role

http://www.justjaredjr.com/2016/11/21/dove-cameron-almost-lost-her-hairspray-live-role-because-of-descendants-2/

she said she fought for it and almost didn’t get the role because she was also doing descendants 2.

finally they called her for dance audition and then they were like : see you in table read on Monday 

she got it after a dancing audition ? I wish I was on mobile so I could do the skull emoji to show what a load I think that is. They literally stuck her in the back line (sometimes done by height, but normally done based on how well you keep up/perform. Based on dove's 500 tweets about her being so uwu small, I'm going to say it's the ladder.). We've already seen how behind she was compared to everyone when she was learning stuff for descendants. I doubt her dancing capabilities are what scored her the role. It's probably what they told her in order to spare her feelings. 

Hairspray live was already "stunt casting: the musical" I feel bad if she genuinely doesn't realize that. 

Edited by little_pink
after thought, typos