• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

3192 posts in this topic

Posted

I can't believe how different she looks in videos now.

This is a clip from 2015. 

She only spoke two words in French "pour toi", but for an alleged "nature speaker", she has the most severe American accent.

Posted

There's something I can just never trust about the phrase "a portion of proceeds..." . I won't make any claims, but i'm a little skeptical about exactly how much is going to charity :/

Posted

Hidden Content

She only spoke two words in French "pour toi", but for an alleged "nature speaker", she has the most severe American accent.

yes!! when I heard her speaking french on liv and maddie, she had such a strong accent I had a bit of a hard time understanding what she was saying

Posted

I love how Sofia didnt even mention Dove besides the tags. I’m beginning to agree more and more that they’re no longer friends

27CC91AF-D1A4-40CA-B629-96759455BF17.jpeg

Posted

I love how Sofia didnt even mention Dove besides the tags. I’m beginning to agree more and more that they’re no longer friends

27CC91AF-D1A4-40CA-B629-96759455BF17.jpeg

I noticed Sofia didn't use the " @dovecameronteamed up with @thecameronboycefoundation to create the Dove x Wielding Peace collection" copy that must have been sent out to everyone to use. Sofia made it about Cameron while still giving Dove credit for the shirt, which I respect her for. 

Posted (edited)

I need to give credit where credit is due. Girl is amazingly outspoken about racism. Not in general, but she’s not afraid to use her platform for good. And she was not tone-deaf, not defensive, plus knows exactly where she stands and how to not overstep. Kudos from me.

Edited by la_rosalia

Posted (edited)

I need to give credit where credit is due. Girl is amazingly outspoken about racism. Not in general, but she’s not afraid to use her platform for good. And she was not tone-deaf, not defensive, plus knows exactly where she stands and how to not overstep. Kudos from me.

i sure hope you are excluding this 

what is posting this tear supposed to do.

the ig post is good though, this story was a little unnecessary

the ig post: 

i actually do appreciate and like it because it gives further ways to effect change, like the numbers
Edited by constell8ion

Posted

i sure hope you are excluding this 

[photo]

what is posting this tear supposed to do.

the ig post is good though, this story was a little unnecessary

the ig post: 

i actually do appreciate and like it because it gives further ways to effect change, like the numbers

Yes, excluding the photo. That was unnecessary, but given the situation, I didn't feel like it was important enough to call out. 

Posted

"Look how cute i look while i'm crying" she managed to make any situation about her or her looks , she has serious issues, and yeah her French sucks tbh, again as someone who French is basically tied with their first language i can confirm that her french isn't even below average, it's just like any of us trying to say words in foreign languages that is all. 

Posted

Reminder that this country is hell aside here's something amusing for you guys to know

As I mentioned earlier the Scott Lipps podcast which I regularly listen to had Dove as a guest for some reason and if you were wondering why she didn't go for Hollywood or Republic like everyone else, it wasn't because she was trying to be different. they wouldn't take her. apparently they told her they didn't know what they could do for her............ HOLLYWOOD RECS TOLD HER THEY DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO FOR HER.

Posted (edited)

Actually, she just posted that because she had to and she knows it's the image she has to project for people, honestly nothing from her seems genuine or coming from a place of personal issue, she just follows what is being said and what is causing an uproar and she speaks about it, now i don't disagree that it's great that anyone speaks of this issue but just look at the picture she posted on her story and you'll know the kind of person she is, she doesn't care about others except herself, in fact i doubt she cares about racism, i read people saying she was racist in highschool and to me once a racist will always be a racist, it has to do with education and how u were raised, and obviously we all know Bonnie didn't do a good job in that department.

Edited by Lapislettuce

Posted

Reminder that this country is hell aside here's something amusing for you guys to know

As I mentioned earlier the Scott Lipps podcast which I regularly listen to had Dove as a guest for some reason and if you were wondering why she didn't go for Hollywood or Republic like everyone else, it wasn't because she was trying to be different. they wouldn't take her. apparently they told her they didn't know what they could do for her............ HOLLYWOOD RECS TOLD HER THEY DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO FOR HER.

I would say thats not necessarily a bad thing because one of my favorite artists, Tech N9ne, said he went independent because the mainstream record studio he signed with didnt know what to do with him and the kind of music he made. But that's because he's a unique, versatile, artistic person.

Dove however, I think tries to use the same excuse and probably really does think her music is so different and edgy when really it's not marketable because it's got no real personality. Imagine her going up to these big music execs trying to convince them she has a Lana Del Rey meets Shirley Manson vibe but her audience and her personal behavior is bubblegum Disney. I wouldn't know what to do with her, either. 

Especially with the way music is put out nowadays. It seems more than ever, the artist has to gather an audience first and THEN they get signed where before, a studio would see a talented person and agree to build them up. It's probably why other Disney alum started off on major labels with pop-friendly dance music and slowly transitioned into more adult sounds but Dove either didnt want to do that or couldnt figure it out.

Posted

Hidden Content

wowwwe, to be honest, she looks REALLY plastic there too. Around the time I couldn’t see it cause I was jealous of her good skin and perfect persona, but damn. No wonder why her plastic surgery has progressively gotten more and more ridiculous without her realizing it. She looked 100% plastic even then. 

ooof. The industry these days is built in a way where you don’t really need to be talented. The computer makes the music, vocal flaws can be autotuned, etc. about the best thing you can do to break into Hollywood (both in music and acting) is to already have a following/fan base so wow the fact that they turned down DISNEY STAR is shocking and says so much. 

Posted

I don't know if this has been posted before here, but I keep seeing these pictures of her and thomas all over ig. there were people talking about how cute they look without even knowing they were being photographed but to me this looks extremely staged lmao. does anyone know the context of this?

dv.thumb.png.ddc5ded2c19f0e668c68d6e93d2dv2.thumb.png.594850b154a84dae7f4b747c10

dv3.thumb.png.524e3a0299d332f7abcb53b784dv4.thumb.png.498a8791b5d21efb9a748a86cc