• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

3191 posts in this topic

Posted

I've only found one video of her speaking French (there was an episode of Liv and Maddie, where she speaks it too, but I don't think that counts considering she's reading off a script) and, oh boy, it sure is something!!! 

3:32 

OMG! SHE SPEAKS FRENCH FOR A SOLID 2 SECONDS? WOW! She says "Je parle un peu de Français" which translates to "I speak a little French." So fluent! also this video is just bizarre because her "biggest fan" is about the same age as Dove... haha what? Dove's been in mostly children aimed media and anything else is just small unimpressive roles and how can anyone over the age of 12 (with working brain cells, I might add) be a fan of her anyway? She has nothing about that sets her apart from other actresses other than being pretty and even that's subjective! I would 100% not be surprised if this fan is just some paid actor. If anyone wants to waste their time and watch the whole video you'll notice how delayed her responses are to questions about her own self. She's made so many lies about herself that she can't even remember what her lies even were! 

Posted

The comment section of the Vogue video she just did is a lot more interesting than usual. so many comments point out the surgery.

Posted

i hope she reads the comment section under her vogue video and fix her lips. it always baffles me how some fans try so hard to deny plastic surgeries done by their fave celebs or say things like "as long as she's happy!!1!", when clearly her ps has done no good to her face. the girl looks botched and can barely move her face. it's sad that she probably doesn't realise this due to body dysmorphia and her fans kept enabling it by hyping everything she does.

she was pretty in 2016 and i wished she stopped then.

233a454f24ed326b30179c0c0ec1c3dc.jpg

Posted

Hola! Long-time lurker here.

I remember a few people some posts back discussing how it's possible that Dove buys Instagram followers and YouTube views. Well, I can't speak for YouTube, but I can give some insight on the Instagram hunch.

I work in social media, and the average engagement (i.e., likes) for almost anyone—with the occasional outlier—is about 8.5% of the account's total followers. (Researchers will tell you it's 4.7%, but they only mostly studied businesses. Accounts run by real people, and therefore are supposedly interacting with real profiles, are closer to the 8.5% mark.)

Now, I'm also a huge fan of Lisa from BLACKPINK. (This is going somewhere, I promise.) The K-Pop star has around 33 million followers, and the Descendants actress has over 36 million. Quite the jump! 3, almost 4, million is a lot of people.

BUT, if you'll notice, most of Dove's posts always have "liked by xx and thousands of others," while Lisa's are firmly in the million likes category. If we do the math, Dove (computed at 36.5M) should get an average of 3.1M likes per post, while Lisa should have 2.8M (which, again, quite the jump), but Dove never seems to hit even the 1M.

(I should disclaim though that from what I understand of the lingo, 'thousands' can go up to 999,999, while 'millions' can be as little as exactly 1M. Not too sure on that.)

Tl;dr — Did the math. Dove Cameron more than likely buys her followers and her views. Can't understand why she doesn't set a budget for the likes.

Posted

i hope she reads the comment section under her vogue video and fix her lips. it always baffles me how some fans try so hard to deny plastic surgeries done by their fave celebs or say things like "as long as she's happy!!1!", when clearly her ps has done no good to her face. the girl looks botched and can barely move her face. it's sad that she probably doesn't realise this due to body dysmorphia and her fans kept enabling it by hyping everything she does.

she was pretty in 2016 and i wished she stopped then.

233a454f24ed326b30179c0c0ec1c3dc.jpg

she actually has a cupid's bow in that photo. I know fuller lips are considered prettier but I'd rather see thin lips with some shape than blown out duck lips from too many injections.

also, I forgot she had dimples until I saw this pic lol. Idk if cheek filler has made them less prominent or if I'm always too distracted by her mouth to notice.

Posted

I remember a few people some posts back discussing how it's possible that Dove buys Instagram followers and YouTube views. Well, I can't speak for YouTube, but I can give some insight on the Instagram hunch.

I work in social media, and the average engagement (i.e., likes) for almost anyone—with the occasional outlier—is about 8.5% of the account's total followers. (Researchers will tell you it's 4.7%, but they only mostly studied businesses. Accounts run by real people, and therefore are supposedly interacting with real profiles, are closer to the 8.5% mark.)

Now, I'm also a huge fan of Lisa from BLACKPINK. (This is going somewhere, I promise.) The K-Pop star has around 33 million followers, and the Descendants actress has over 36 million. Quite the jump! 3, almost 4, million is a lot of people.

BUT, if you'll notice, most of Dove's posts always have "liked by xx and thousands of others," while Lisa's are firmly in the million likes category. If we do the math, Dove (computed at 36.5M) should get an average of 3.1M likes per post, while Lisa should have 2.8M (which, again, quite the jump), but Dove never seems to hit even the 1M.

(I should disclaim though that from what I understand of the lingo, 'thousands' can go up to 999,999, while 'millions' can be as little as exactly 1M. Not too sure on that.)

Tl;dr — Did the math. Dove Cameron more than likely buys her followers and her views. Can't understand why she doesn't set a budget for the likes.

I was about to bring that topic back again! Thank you for digging deep into it, and let's add the fact that no one finds it suspicious that someone over 37 millions followers on instagram only has like 1 million followers on twitter, and how many on facebook does she have even? and not to forget lousy youtube views on her music.

Posted

I was about to bring that topic back again! Thank you for digging deep into it, and let's add the fact that no one finds it suspicious that someone over 37 millions followers on instagram only has like 1 million followers on twitter, and how many on facebook does she have even? and not to forget lousy youtube views on her music.

Interesting point! I looked up more numbers and found that there really isn’t a direct relationship, at least for Twitter and Instagram.

In terms of “conversion” (if an account has 1.2M Insta followers and 120k Twitter followers, the conversion rate is 10%) Ariana Grande has almost 40%, Bretman Rock has 30%, Ryan McCartan has 10%, and Sofia Carson has 1%. So it’s hard to measure—so I guess the stans have that one as it’s not a solid point against Dove.

Like I said earlier, YouTube views are hard to identify. But, again, as someone who works in social media, I will say this: Music videos are the most popular content on YouTube. The highest viewed videos are mostly MVs. Considering that she’s established her name via Disney and she’s been releasing MVs... 

Dove, if you’re reading this, quit while you’re ahead. You’re not gonna get anything from your investment. Trust me.  

Posted

If you check Instagram on desktop, you can still see the number of likes!

dov.png

Posted

I kinda hate how she's constantly comparing herself to harley quinn. No doubt it probably circles back to her building up this great big shadow of how she feels ryan treated her. I pretty much agree with the idea that they probably just didn't work as a couple and probably said things that hurt the other, but that comes with the territory of being in a relationship. It really really feels like if the relationship isn't constantly perfect and constantly meeting her expectations then she'll make it out to be like it was 100% bad 100% of the time, very all or nothing.

-- And I'm going to just say, you can make anyone sound bad. My current boyfriend could make me sound really bad. I could make him sound really bad. If you're with someone for more than a year at some point they're going to say something that crosses a line, it's just inevitable when you spend so much time together. (That being said, I don't know if she's ever even given specific examples of this horrible behavior other than her just very vaguely describing the relationship. Given my previous statement I feel like this says a lot) 

TL;DR Harley Quinn is a character built around being manipulated and abused in a really really severe way. HQ isn't a character who just had a few tiffs and disagreements/a relationship that didn't work out and I think it's okay to relate to a character. I don't think it's okay to constantly draw comparisons between yourself in a character very publicly and in a way thats clearly meant to contributed to a smear campaign against your ex. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 5.26.10 PM.png

Posted

I kinda hate how she's constantly comparing herself to harley quinn. No doubt it probably circles back to her building up this great big shadow of how she feels ryan treated her. I pretty much agree with the idea that they probably just didn't work as a couple and probably said things that hurt the other, but that comes with the territory of being in a relationship. It really really feels like if the relationship isn't constantly perfect and constantly meeting her expectations then she'll make it out to be like it was 100% bad 100% of the time, very all or nothing.

-- And I'm going to just say, you can make anyone sound bad. My current boyfriend could make me sound really bad. I could make him sound really bad. If you're with someone for more than a year at some point they're going to say something that crosses a line, it's just inevitable when you spend so much time together. (That being said, I don't know if she's ever even given specific examples of this horrible behavior other than her just very vaguely describing the relationship. Given my previous statement I feel like this says a lot) 

TL;DR Harley Quinn is a character built around being manipulated and abused in a really really severe way. HQ isn't a character who just had a few tiffs and disagreements/a relationship that didn't work out and I think it's okay to relate to a character. I don't think it's okay to constantly draw comparisons between yourself in a character very publicly and in a way thats clearly meant to contributed to a smear campaign against your ex. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 5.26.10 PM.png

Closest she's ever said that wasn't filled with bloody ambiguity was in a British newspaper for Light in the Piazza where she didn't name him but claimed that she "had to make everything perfect all the time" and he needed her to be someone "very thinly defined" also she never said it was him but in that love q&a she claimed she'd been in a relationship where the partner would flirt with others and when she confronted them they would play it off as just "how they were"

I have my doubts given what we know her to be like. also flirting is bad but sleeping with someone else is fine apparently. and if that was trying to be perfect Dove then I have some bad news about you and Thomas's relationship. still, it is kind of notable and hilarious that Ryan actually seems to have more female friends than she does which I bet my bookcase was really the case and she didn't like it.

also according to Ryan's live stream the other day he has been with men and women though he doesn't label himself. so...that's one thing he is that dove wishes she was

Posted

Interesting, thanks for sharing. Is this also why so many of her comments appear to be from bots? Anytime I look at her Instagram comments they're filled with so much spam that it's actually hard to find legit comments from her fans. 

Posted

If you check Instagram on desktop, you can still see the number of likes!

dov.png

This doesn't seem to be working for me! Every time I hover, I don't get the grey out. But wow is 845k a HUGE JUMP from her projected 8.5% engagement. Yikes.

Posted

Huh that's weird it also works if I click to expand the picture

dovv.PNG

Posted

Dove was French in 2014, Austrian in 2015, Russian in 2016 and what is she now? lol i'd die to know, I always though it was odd how she always talked her origins and contradtics herself, i'm almost 100% sure she says all this crap so people would say "you actually do look so exotic" "that explains your angelic look" things like because everything is related to her looks in her tiny brain or she simply does this to seem interesting same way she thinks her changing her name makes her more interesting than others.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is a big part of it. She's always trying to feel and make herself seem special. But the funny thing is... aren't majority of white Americans and Canadians a conglomerate of European ethnicities from a while back? I think this is common knowledge. North America is a melting pot with colonialist history. I'm Asian but grew up in a white town. As teens, everyone (including my friends) when asked about their background would respond with like 6+ European ethnicities lol in a weirdly competitive way or couldn't say because their lineage has been here forever and intermingled along the way like most. But after growing up most of them are chill about it and just like "ehh I'm white"

There are celebs who've pulled the "I might be a distant descendant of [insert the only Aboriginal tribe they've heard of] card to seem 'exotic' and were disproven or it was left at side-eye hearsay. There's nothing wrong with being 'regular.' And I know there are white people in NA who still have traditions, culture, and language passed down through generations but I don't think Dove's a part of that crowd. It's like everything she does is rooted in a need to be special because she's actually not. In her strive to be different and yet also be liked by everyone, she's really developed quite a complex. I hope she actually is learning French since now that she's broadcasted it, it's possible an interviewer might put her on the spot and try to speak it with her  :ph34r:

Posted

She's always trying to feel and make herself seem special. 

Bingo.

It's like everything she does is rooted in a need to be special because she's actually not. In her strive to be different and yet also be liked by everyone, she's really developed quite a complex. I hope she actually is learning French since now that she's broadcasted it, it's possible an interviewer might put her on the spot and try to speak it with her  :ph34r:

I seriously hope so. She went to France and had an interview in English? That’s a major shot in the foot. 

Interesting, thanks for sharing. Is this also why so many of her comments appear to be from bots? Anytime I look at her Instagram comments they're filled with so much spam that it's actually hard to find legit comments from her fans. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if they were! She probably bought them, as well.