• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

3191 posts in this topic

Posted

She could always write it off as “they’re wrong, I like the way I look” (I imagine that would be prevalent w/body dysmorphia) but you’re right, it would only be helpful if she knows. So hopefully all the comments on YouTube/Instagram/possibly here start getting through to her. 

She clearly doesn’t have people in her life telling her this, that would take an intensely honest and good friend, and even then it would still be a terrifying talk to have with someone. I feel the same way about Lucy Hale, she’s starting to look pretty botched and I’m like gaahhh where are these people’s friends at!

Does she have many friends outside of Veronica and a few costars here and there? it's important to surround yourself with a trustworthy community even if all you do is talk through a computer screen.

Posted

Does she have many friends outside of Veronica and a few costars here and there? it's important to surround yourself with a trustworthy community even if all you do is talk through a computer screen.

From what i heard both her and Veronica were intolerable in highschool!

She could always write it off as “they’re wrong, I like the way I look” (I imagine that would be prevalent w/body dysmorphia) but you’re right, it would only be helpful if she knows. So hopefully all the comments on YouTube/Instagram/possibly here start getting through to her. 

She clearly doesn’t have people in her life telling her this, that would take an intensely honest and good friend, and even then it would still be a terrifying talk to have with someone. I feel the same way about Lucy Hale, she’s starting to look pretty botched and I’m like gaahhh where are these people’s friends at!

forget friends! her "beloved" Thomas is able to kiss those lips and those cheeks? honestly?

Posted

I feel the same way about Lucy Hale, she’s starting to look pretty botched and I’m like gaahhh where are these people’s friends at!

oh my god!!! I had no idea so I looked her up. It looks like not only did she get lip filler but she got her jaw shaved off. I cant even....just damn. That is a shame cause she was gorgeous when she first came on the scene with Pretty Little Liars, and I think everyone could see that because her face was always front and center during promotions for basically the entire run of the show.  I think her lips were already naturally full? Even if they weren't, they at least never looked painfully swollen like they do now. 

that's more shocking to me than dove's transformation because she was already so pretty. Not that dove wasnt pretty before her procedures but she was definitely more average looking than Lucy Hale.

forget friends! her "beloved" Thomas is able to kiss those lips and those cheeks? honestly?

I was thinking that too. He has to kiss those lips, so surely he can feel how off they are

Posted

oh my god!!! I had no idea so I looked her up. It looks like not only did she get lip filler but she got her jaw shaved off. I cant even....just damn. That is a shame cause she was gorgeous when she first came on the scene with Pretty Little Liars, and I think everyone could see that because her face was always front and center during promotions for basically the entire run of the show.  I think her lips were already naturally full? Even if they weren't, they at least never looked painfully swollen like they do now. 

that's more shocking to me than dove's transformation because she was already so pretty. Not that dove wasnt pretty before her procedures but she was definitely more average looking than Lucy Hale.

I know right!! She definitely already had full lips, that was one of her defining features, so I have no idea why she got them filled. But then soon after that came so much Botox and a shaved jaw. Im convinced lip filler is the gateway drug. JUST SAY NO! 

Posted

Ok, so I created a PULL account just to make this post.

I have been fascinated by Dove's face, and how it's constantly changing. I'm also fascinated by fillers, how people get addicted to them, and how fillers actually work. Aren't you wondering why so many people look messed up and swollen now?! Well, let me tell you.

Part of the reason so many people go overboard on fillers, is because the estheticians, nurse practitioners, and doctors who do fillers are uneducated or lying to their patients. 

They tell us "Fillers only last 6 months to a year." so, naturally, people go and top up their filler once or twice a year.

But filler, in actuality, lasts decades. Yes, decades.

This was recently discovered when Dr. Gavin Chan and Dr. Mobin Master, who have been doing fillers for 15+ years, decided to run MRIs on people with filler. Filler (hyaluronic acid) lights up like a Christmas tree under MRIs. They ran MRIs on people who had received filler 5, 10 years ago. It was all still there. All of it.

If you have the patience, please watch their video on fillers and how long they actually last:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoF_Ez27-L0&t

If you don't want to watch that 20 min video, watch from 8:20 to 11:00 min. But really, I encourage you to watch the entire thing. It will transform how you see fillers. 

Basically, the filler migrates. It's a liquid! Think of it like honey. If you injected honey into yourself, because of how stiff and slow honey is, it would stay right where you put it for a little while, and make you look awesome. But... honey still pours. Very slowly. Gravity would slowly allow the honey to settle down your face. 

Those who put filler under their eyes, will end up having it migrate down to their cheeks. Filler in the lips ends up migrating around the lip area and not the lip itself (which is what gives that puffy trout lip look).

ALL of the filler Dove has ever put in her face, is still in her face! I think she had some dissolved at some point, probably right after her Japan trip where she looked immensely swollen, but she still did not dissolve enough, and keeps adding more.

A reminder of how she looked around the time she went to Japan in September 2019:

Screen_Shot_2020-05-15_at_1.49.28_PM.thuunnamed.thumb.jpg.1cb7a76919dde6e390ed64
(sidenote: pink hair? for japan? groundbreaking.)

Here's a link to her most recent Elle video so you can all follow along with me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq7UseVEH-U

Screen_Shot_2020-05-15_at_12.39.33_PM.th

Observe her lower face as it moves very closely. Look right above her lip, and right below it. Look around her nasolabial folds.
You know something is wrong with her lips, but you can't put your finger on it, right? It looks swollen and misshapen, but why? Then, go to 9:48 in the MRI video.

Screen_Shot_2020-05-15_at_12.40.06_PM.th

You can really see that migrated filler stuck above Dove's upper lip. Most of the time, a person's filler is subtle enough that you cannot see it protruding that way, even if it has migrated. Dove is an extreme case. She's stuffed so much filler in there over the years, that most of it has moved up to her philtrum, and down to her chin. Every time the filler moves, she thinks the filler has been absorbed, and her doctor tells her that, too! So she gets more filler. Then it slowly migrates to her upper lip and upper chin again. So she gets filler again. Then it migrates again... Do you see the cycle here?

The exact same thing happened to Kylie, and many other people, especially young women. This is why Kylie and Dove's mouth area look so similar now. 

Screen_Shot_2020-05-15_at_12.37.58_PM.thScreen_Shot_2020-05-15_at_12.39.51_PM.th

Her chin creates those wrinkles(?) because it's over-filled, which creates tension and a swollen appearance, then the hyaluronic acid ripples underneath her face as she moves. But Dove might not realize she has so much filler there, because she never asked her doctor to inject directly into her chin or above her lip line. Over the years, the filler just moved there by itself, without her noticing.

Think of it like a water bed, but rippling in slow motion because it's filled with honey. This is also why fillers look so good on Instagram, but terrible in real life and in videos. As soon as her face starts moving and the filler starts sloshing around under her skin as she talks, we instantly notice how unnatural it is.

What someone could do when they see the filler "wearing off" (really just migrating, the body hardly absorbs any of the filler, as evidenced by Dr. Chan's MRI investigations), is dissolve it and then refill. However, filler takes 2-3 weeks to fully dissolve, and the skin is tender in the meantime. The dissolving enzymes also target the naturally occurring hyaluronic acid inside skin. This causes your skin to look even more deflated and dry than before the fillers were ever introduced. Therefore, it's not a sustainable process. 

Filler is only a good option if you're getting a tiny amount. Dr. Chan only does 1 mL for the whole face. Most practitioners will do 1 mL per feature

You can see the migrated filler above her lip here as well:

tumblr_ph22gllCab1xsnosqo2_400.thumb.gif

Dove has no idea what she looks like. Not only did she already have dysmorphia before she moved to LA, but it is my belief that having unlimited access to fillers would give almost any healthy person a distorted sense of what your face looks like.

Since the fillers migrate little by little, your face changes every day. Psychologically, you don't explicitly notice the day-by-day change to your face, but you do lose track of how you're actually supposed to appear. It probably creates a feeling of being unable to picture your own face accurately inside of your mind's eye. I think it's one of the reasons she stares at herself so much. I also struggle with picturing my face accurately, despite no fillers, so I look in the mirror all the time to try and capture what my face looks like. 

How else do you go from this:

ezgif.com-gif-maker.thumb.gif.66bf7f40c2

to this:

ezgif.com-gif-maker_(3).thumb.gif.afaf5c

to this:

ezgif.com-gif-maker_(2).thumb.gif.217f1e

and then to this:

ezgif.com-gif-maker_(1).thumb.gif.e442f0

and finally this:

tumblr_b7cdc5e8165b2740de0e71105ab7c965_

in just a few short years? Is there anyone on Earth that possesses the psychological fortitude needed in order to withstand these types of changes? 

From this: original.thumb.gif.544d385805f1d2403283a

to this?: ezgif.com-gif-maker_(5).thumb.gif.240739

With these gifs, you can observe the fillers slowly swelling her face over the years, like a balloon. From my perspective, the miseducation around fillers has been detrimental to the mental health of women. Dove fascinates me because she's the poster child of this phenomenon and there's no shortage of video/photo evidence.

Hope you all enjoyed this dump of the thoughts that swirled around in my brain for the past year.

edit: also oh my god it just hit me that she has 10 year old filler still buried inside her face. That is pretty gross 

Fantastic breakdown! Thanks for including pic/gif examples as well.

Do you know if there's any way to reverse some of the damage? Because at this point, even if she wanted to, can she really stop getting fillers? She's theoretically young enough to just 'age naturally' and just chill on the botox/fillers, but there's just so much built up at this point and she started getting all this done very young. With a case like this, I feel like options are pretty limited. Would she ever be able to look "normal" again?

Posted

Yeah, great post! That does help explain why women who get work done seem to have such a frozen smile. We all understand how Botox freezes the upper half of your face, but it was strange to me that just lip filler could have the same effect. And Dove’s migrated filler explains that weird box she’s been getting around her mouth that we’ve noticed. 

She truly does have body dysmorphia, it reminds me of that “cat woman” lady who was popular a few years ago for being disfigured from plastic surgery. To this day she denies having work done and says she always looked like that. It puts body dysmorphia into a different perspective, and shows that it really is a mental illness and needs to be worked through. 

ECEC4C6A-11C3-4CE2-8F11-2A466CAB6B00.jpeg

that must also explain why she gets that weird boxy figure around her lips when she does her duck lips 

91FCD662-CF2C-41C6-ADB2-61FD829BC9FC.jpeg

Posted

Given Beetlejuice and Frozen's closure on Broadway, I hope they don't close Mean Girls next. Dove is probably already gloating over a certain someone losing his job [plus it probably soothes her ego over not being Elsa] it would suck if the same happens to Sabrina Carpenter and the Plastics actors.

Posted

Given Beetlejuice and Frozen's closure on Broadway, I hope they don't close Mean Girls next. Dove is probably already gloating over a certain someone losing his job [plus it probably soothes her ego over not being Elsa] it would suck if the same happens to Sabrina Carpenter and the Plastics actors.

well, the good news is I can almost guarantee you broadway hasn't seen the last of ryan maccartan. He's a little bit of a break out star imo. He hasn't had any significant downs in his career and there's going to be plenty of other times he'll piss dove off by getting big roles. Having wicked, disney, and heathers in your resume will give you a very VERY big boost in auditions. 

Honestly, it won't surprise me if he's considered on the same level as Sutton Foster and Kristen Chenoweth in the next couple decades. 

I guess what I'm saying is, dove should gloat while she can. It's inevitable he'll sink another big role, meanwhile she'll be on twitter bragging about her [checks notes] nickelodeon blimp award

Posted

well, the good news is I can almost guarantee you broadway hasn't seen the last of ryan maccartan. He's a little bit of a break out star imo. He hasn't had any significant downs in his career and there's going to be plenty of other times he'll piss dove off by getting big roles. Having wicked, disney, and heathers in your resume will give you a very VERY big boost in auditions. 

Honestly, it won't surprise me if he's considered on the same level as Sutton Foster and Kristen Chenoweth in the next couple decades. 

I guess what I'm saying is, dove should gloat while she can. It's inevitable he'll sink another big role, meanwhile she'll be on twitter bragging about her [checks notes] nickelodeon blimp award

True. At this rate there’s no reason for his momentum to slow down. I haven’t seen him live (or much of his acting/singing at all) but I know the caliber of broadway shows, so he must be a great talent. And he’s still young, AND he can go between theater and film if he wants to. His trajectory is set. Sorry Dove. 

Posted

Ryan is already established as broadway actor, he's someone determined and level headed, i don't know him personally or have heard much problematic things about him but professionally he seems very straight, he knows what he wants and he's wait for it Dove honey........CHARISMATIC which would explain why his songs with her were all more successful and listened to and had booked few broadway roles. 

Posted (edited)

Hi! I made an account just to post this haha but did you guys notice she deleted like, more than half if her IG photos? I stopped following her recently but I remember from the years I did follow her a few post in specific that are now gone haha there’s no trace of Ryan nor Sofia on her IG, as well as a lot of those “babydoll lolita nymphet” type post. 
I think even the post she made when she first met Thomas is gone, but don’t quote me on that. 
I wonder what happened that made her (or her team idk) do that 👀

Yesssss I noticed too! The weird thing is she deleted all her selfies (and basically any pics of her that looked over edited, aka all of her baby doll/alien/wannabe fairy photoshopped pictures). All that’s left are mirror pictures, photoshoots, and the occasional behind the scene/event shot. You can scroll through her whole Instagram and there’s not any picture where she looks really unnatural or like totally different from how she actually looks. I was really wondering why such a vain person like her would delete all her selfies and the only reason I could think of is she realized how badly edited they were? Maybe she went back and looked through her page and got second hand embarrassment at how fake they looked. Like really, there’s not even one selfie left. She also deleted everything from her life before around the second (maybe third) season of Liv and Maddie (she kept up a couple pictures of her dad but that’s it). So strange. 

Edited by strawberrystarfish

Posted

Ryan is already established as broadway actor, he's someone determined and level headed, i don't know him personally or have heard much problematic things about him but professionally he seems very straight, he knows what he wants and he's wait for it Dove honey........CHARISMATIC which would explain why his songs with her were all more successful and listened to and had booked few broadway roles. 

She probably watches this with steaming eyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEKl9xG0mfI

Posted

"I love crazy" you said it ryan.

I should hasten to add she probably watches this with steaming eyes when Thomas is not around.

Posted

Someone should send this video along with so many other broadway potentials [coughBrittneyJohnsoncough] around all the audition rooms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh7Ug8HuKFU

Can't get over that apparently Adam Guettel saw Dove sing and thought "Yep! she's the best choice out of all the hopefuls for Clara!"