382 posts in this topic

Posted

Looking through her tweets has me like??? She reminds me of Jennifer Lawrence wit the overdone "quirkiness"

True, I imagine a part of it is her manufactured, squeaky-clean Disney image, but I can’t really imagine any significant change in her personality after she leaves. Maybe she’ll be doing more ‘sexy’ roles or photo shoots, maybe she’ll swear more? But that’s about it, can’t imagine the oversharing and fake woke motivation tweets will go away, but we’ll just have to see. But you’re definitely right, I think she tries wayyy too hard to be relatable which will become annoying (as if it hasn’t already) because it’ll seem fake and pushy, just like JLaw.

Posted

This is a photo someone posted in a comments section on a article about her to prove they knew her. It’s of their second grade year book (Dove is Chloe Hosterman, last photo in the third row). I wonder if anyone can find any of these people and ask them about her! Anyone could be a different person in second grade, but apparently she came from a very small town and people in the book probably knew her past second grade! 

94F0A137-F2B9-47DB-A41A-8A78696CB451.jpeg

Can you link the article?

Posted

Is anyone else irritated with her ‘positive outlook’ thing she’s got going on? 

I’m a very optimistic person myself but her ‘optimism’ is all, “oh you’re depressed? Think happy thoughts!” “Don’t allow negativity to get the best of you!!” And it’s like??? For someone who claims to struggle with anxiety, who’s childhood was “so dark” (https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.seventeen.com/celebrity/amp10296521/dove-cameron-opens-up-about-getting-past-her-dark-past/ ) she really doesn’t seem to understand how badly mental illnesses can effect people. You can’t just remind yourself that it’ll pass, you won’t always have other people to help you. I’m not denying that she’s gone through stuff, especially with the death of her dad, but she really doesn’t seem to grasp how difficult it can actually be for most people. 

Also this: http://stylecaster.com/dove-cameron-eating-disorder/ I really can’t believe she’s actually trying to convince people she’s trying to be a role model for young girls: 

A breaking point came when Cameron saw her peers give diet advice in interviews and on social media, telling young fans that the secret to maintaining their bodies was healthy eating and exercise. Upset that they were perpetuating unrealistic body standards and lifestyles, Cameron knew it was time to seek help and change her own habits. 

“They were telling little girls that if they just watch what they eat and run that they will look like that and that they should look like that and that that’s the picture of health,” Cameron says. “It made me so personally upset. That’s a blatant lie. That’s not OK. That’s not a role model. I realized that if I was going to be a role model then I needed to live like the girls that I needed when I was young.” 

She talks about how she needs to be real and not lie to these young girls about this stuff, but literally her whole face is a lie that all her fans have fallen for, thinking they need to look like her, and she doesn’t say a damn thing, she just basks in the hundreds of “I wish I looked like you :(“ comments every day. She also posts so many Instagram stories of her in the gym, the camera focused on her body, and she turns to show you how flat her stomach is. Wtf, you call that being a role model?? She also recently posted a photo of her with a single zit, like wow! How relatable! Sure, she’s not telling anyone they need to excersise or eat a certain way or look a certain way, but how the hell is she going to defend all that and still try to convince us she wants to be a role model? 

A95026E1-FC97-444A-8F85-8194B142BF2B.jpeg

E2C38317-4E9B-4572-B381-F2F8699D9026.jpeg

2CBCAEFE-4385-4DB9-A778-0DF2B0DF6FE7.jpeg

0FC00C45-F685-4E13-9F54-4883285F0C41.jpeg

70D5BBBC-757E-48C3-B941-5197B7049D80.jpeg

C0BF67F7-D0EE-4077-8C6B-6C43250BA432.jpeg

52FD65CE-9909-43D5-B21E-A35E58466F2F.jpeg

1269287F-79D0-44B8-8832-8431E987563A.jpeg

21603F36-53B7-4D7A-AEB6-D6B06C2BCB04.jpeg

804B4329-2E21-454E-BE32-81F5D363E9DD.jpeg

93D0D3FA-11FE-48EB-A37D-72DBE4525F6F.jpeg

Posted

@annasun  Dove is so fake in every way. Fake personality, fake face. She wants to be a role model so bad but role models don’t photoshop pics of themselves (where they look totally fine, btw) and pretend it’s natural 

Posted

I think it's sad that after possibly two nose jobs she has a nose with a non-existent bridge and a droopy hooked tip. It's like her ugly personality bleeds through any and all cosmetic surgeries, tainting whatever beauty she could have had. Total waste of money.

Posted

As much as I dislike her, she does look beautiful. Especially to the average young kid who idolizes her. She looks like a doll. It makes me sick that she tries to pass it all off as natural. Someone who cares about their younger audience wouldn't edit their already thin arms even smaller, same with her face. It's hypocritical and these imperfections she's not shy about showing aren't actual imperfections lol. She wouldn't dare upload her older pictures with pre nose job/thin lips exposed. She looked so different. 

This one clearly shows it. 

804B4329-2E21-454E-BE32-81F5D363E9DD.jpeg.97f5ba820d3e44c24880cb5122fcb97e.jpeg

Posted

As much as I dislike her, she does look beautiful. Especially to the average young kid who idolizes her. She looks like a doll. It makes me sick that she tries to pass it all off as natural. Someone who cares about their younger audience wouldn't edit their already thin arms even smaller, same with her face. It's hypocritical and these imperfections she's not shy about showing aren't actual imperfections lol. She wouldn't dare upload her older pictures with pre nose job/thin lips exposed. She looked so different. 

This one clearly shows it. 

804B4329-2E21-454E-BE32-81F5D363E9DD.jpeg.97f5ba820d3e44c24880cb5122fcb97e.jpeg

Holy shit, that looks like an entirely different person. And Dove still photoshops her photos which shows that even after all this surgery she's still insecure. She doesn't even look like a real person anymore and her preaching self love, confidence, positivity, body image issues, unrealistic standarts and blah blah is such bs. She kinda reminds me of those people on twitter that are like "how to cure depression and anxiety thread *sparkle emoji*: drink more water uwu". That forced fake positivity is overwhelming. 

Posted

In this threads earlier days I mentioned my old crush on her, and it just keeps getting worse.

I'm ashamed that the girl I looked up to, both because of her looks and the message she was trying to send, was actually someone this vain and dishonest. If I was still young enough to consider her a role model my self esteem would be even worse than it is. 

Posted

Omg okay a while back sometime around when the 2018 Oscars were happening, a blind item appeared and it was about Dove and Sofia.

Sofia allegedly took a massive pay cut from D3 so she would be the star that Disney sends to walk down the red carpet at the Oscars. Then Dove who at first agreed to that, got jealous and tried to go instead of Sofia and they got into a bad fight about it. They ended up sending Sofia to the Oscars as agreed upon because she took a massive pay cut for that privilege. But I remember reading that and thinking how fucked up that was of Dove. 

Anyways as all gossip that's leaked to various blogs and sites, it's all "allegedly" to protect from any lawsuits but this ONE I believe!

Also I'm pretty sure she doesn't like China. She was a massive bitch to a black model at some party for her Bellami Hair thing, who came out to support her, so...I'm not surprised she doesn't like China. Wonder what the common denominator is. :doge:

Off topic but I think China is going to be the only one who will be the real break out star post Disney. She's already on Black Lightening which is a pretty great role. I'm sure China isn't bothered by barbie being shady to her. Her career is set. :haiplz:

Yeah I'm pretty sure China is going to make it way farther than Dove since she seems already more diversified in her acting career than Dove. 

Also is it just me or are Dove's nostrils crooked?

Posted

I'm so glad this plastic brat has a thread here. I'm lowkey a fan of Descendents (mostly because I have a massive crush on Sofia Carson lol) but something about Dove always struck me as off. Obviously, part of it was the too-perfect-to-be-real looks but I realized there was something off about her personality after watching some Descendents car sing along promo where she looked like she'd rather be ANYWHERE else. And suspiciously was the *only* cast member who wasn't actually singing and just lipsyncing her parts? Obviously she's a good singer, but I have a feeling the autotune the hell out of her in Descendents because she doesn't really have riffing abilities and has a hard time hitting the REALLY high stuff. She's definitely a classic musical theater singer and tbh that's the only place I think she could have real success. Her face is too plastic these days for acting (as a lot of people mentioned, she looks off compared to other actors) and her voice really isn't suited for mainstream pop... on Broadway, you can look as plastic as you want and, honestly, having a super fake/affected personality is fine for a lot of musical theater roles, especially the ingenue types which Dove could easily do.

Posted

Even though I find her breathtakingly gorgeous, she comes off as very self-obsessed and vain to me for some reason. Something that annoys me about her though is how she keeps posting these no-make up selfies and preaching about loving your body blah blah blah...when she clearly had a shit ton of surgery done.

apologies if more was said on this, I have zero attention span and just hit reply without reading the whole thread (sorrryyyyyy ahh) but I'm pretty sure she's trying to recover from an eating disorder so honestly it's not surprisingly to me that she makes those posts. For the longest time when I was trying to recover I did similar stuff and now that I'm in actual recovery I make occasional posts about how loving yourself is the best thing ever. A big part of it is convincing yourself. She seems a lot happier lately though (I'm gonna be real embarrassed when I read the rest of this thread aren't I? Oh, the age of instant gratification/replies)