• Announcements

• Recent changes to PULL   07/07/19

Hello everyone,   As promised, we're working on some changes to improve the forum and community! So far, here are the recent changes: Negative reputation has been disabled. Upvoting remains intact. This is a trial run to deal with whiteknights brigading certain topics and salty users mass-downvoting users they disagree with. Some text formatting options have been removed. Some users like to format their posts in ways that make them harder to read or downright obnoxious. (Light colors, tiny fonts, etc), so this helps make threads more readable. If you find yourself needing post formatting because you're making a new thread, please contact a mod and we will make it happen. New threads have to be approved anyway, so you're not going to have to start out with an ugly thread. Text formatting remains available to all users who have supported us via Patreon.No more threads on "Online Personalities". We will NOT lock or remove old threads, but we won't approve new threads about people who don't have any history of drama or controversies. Some threads will be moved to the snowflake sections if applicable. Read the new topic guidelines before you make a new thread.Here are our works in progress: New categories will be added. "Little Snowflakes" is too broad of a spectrum, so we're going to sort our flakes into a few sub-sections to keep things organized. We will also make more use of tags for those flakes who transcend categories. This will also allow us to appoint moderators to specific categories or snowflakes. New moderators will be onboarded soon. 

Lauren Tsai "Lala"

68 posts in this topic

Posted

she's a natural beauty, and i love her art, but am i the only one that found her kind of irritating on aloha state? she's someone that reminds me a lot of myself, and i personally would never go on a show like terrace house because I'm so introverted and i know it's not for me. i don't think it was for Lauren either. from her interactions with the rest of the crew, to her having an attitude when it came to issues that bothered her (ie: when the other girls asked her to clean up a bit around the house, and she didn't like that they might have been gossiping about her), i feel like her social awkwardness was just too much for even her to handle, and it was so annoying to watch 

Posted

She's half white and half Chinese.

On the note about her Japanese, it's not great. Maybe it's improved since she moved to Japan, but on the show itself it was a bit low effort (especially when she would get stressed or frustrated.) One of the other cast members, Avian, is Chinese and from Hawaii and she spoke more naturally and with more ease, but afaik never went into the details of how or why she learned Japanese.

AVIAN IS NOT JAPANESE AMERICAN???????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:alpacashocked:

Compared to Avian Lauren's Japanese isn't good at all then

Posted

I remember Lala! She was in the same canmake contest Venus joined 4 years ago! She was also heavily promoted by Jrcach. I always wondered what happened to her because she stopped posting on her social media. I guess she remade and create a new image! 

IMG_4601.JPG

Posted

I love love love love her art. Since I finished watching Terrace House part 2, I've followed her on instagram, and damn i don't regret it. I like her a lot, she seems calm and simple.

Posted

I remember Lala! She was in the same canmake contest Venus joined 4 years ago! She was also heavily promoted by Jrcach. I always wondered what happened to her because she stopped posting on her social media. I guess she remade and create a new image! 

IMG_4601.JPG

OMG not used to her with long, light colored hair and bangs. She definitely rebranded herself.

Posted

IMG_4601.JPG

She's so cute. Baby Lala (... except she's 15).

Posted

Been following Lauren for a while. She's very well equipped. Creative, multilingual, cultured and of course very pretty. She's had many featured stories with magazines/media sites (Nylon, Hypebeast, etc.) and successful brand endorsements/commercials (Uniqlo, Chanel, etc). Recently she's been in and out of Korea. Even shouted out on Instagram by DJ Soda. She was sort of criticized for using Terrace House as a stepping stone into the entertainment world. But she's young and not in school so I respect her hustle. It also seems like she was close to Filthy Frank for a hot minute. I'm excited to see what kind of projects she'll be working on in the future. She seems to be misunderstood as someone who's stuck up but I think she's confident and knows exactly what's she's doing. Her look is one that's popular all around Asia. 

14583383_2212609588964176_44194703362574

Posted

Woah, a thread on Lauren! She is so beautiful, mature, and seems like the type to calculate her actions and words before performing (not in a bad way, but contributes to her maturity). I really disliked her character on Terrace House tbh. She seemed really isolated and was portrayed as not willing to get closer to the other members or make an effort to contribute to the atmosphere (?) or progression of the household. She seemed a bit too off-putting and reserved for the show, so maybe that scene really isn't for her. I think she's still pretty cool though! 

Posted (edited)

i think she's talented, i'm a fan of her work. as for her "awkwardness" and sometimes coming off as rude (on the reality show), i pretty much think about it as her being not much of an extrovert herself. i know it's her "job" to be out on public, but i'd rather have her like that (the way she is now) than acting like a spoiled drama queen like most social media famous girls nowadays  lol 

Edited by qixiao8

Posted

It also seems like she was close to Filthy Frank for a hot minute

I actually found her through Joji before Terrace House began. She already had more than 50-70k followers then, and her follower count on Instagram is now triple that number ever since Terrace House.

Woah, a thread on Lauren! She is so beautiful, mature, and seems like the type to calculate her actions and words before performing (not in a bad way, but contributes to her maturity). I really disliked her character on Terrace House tbh. She seemed really isolated and was portrayed as not willing to get closer to the other members or make an effort to contribute to the atmosphere (?) or progression of the household. She seemed a bit too off-putting and reserved for the show, so maybe that scene really isn't for her. I think she's still pretty cool though! 

Yeah she's pretty cool! One of the Asian Instagram girls I like, and she's pretty interesting with her modeling, art, and Terrace House appearance combined.

Posted

Have y'all seen this?

Posted (edited)

Edited by Prism Girl

Posted

I find her pretty tbh

ot but what is with the whole dark haired bob/"edgy" aesthetic? And oddly enough, everyone I know who rocks it (Kiko, lilmixedhunny, Lauren, pangiht) are all Eurasian.

Posted

I find her pretty tbh

ot but what is with the whole dark haired bob/"edgy" aesthetic? And oddly enough, everyone I know who rocks it (Kiko, lilmixedhunny, Lauren, pangiht) are all Eurasian.

I have no idea how they make it look so good but you're right, they're all Eurasian? It's so weird/cool 

Maybe the combo of large smile small jaw makes it look nicer ?? 

Posted

I have no idea how they make it look so good but you're right, they're all Eurasian? It's so weird/cool 

Maybe the combo of large smile small jaw makes it look nicer ?? 

As long as your face isn't too square it will look flattering on you. It's all about the makeup, attitude, and clothes. The right hair cut can make you look high fashion af. I really do enjoy people rocking bobs (personally I can't commit to cutting my air, I prefer my long curls) since it was out of style for so long. BRING BACK THE OLD GLORIOUS TRENDS PLS.