• Announcements

• Recent changes to PULL   07/07/19

Hello everyone,   As promised, we're working on some changes to improve the forum and community! So far, here are the recent changes: Negative reputation has been disabled. Upvoting remains intact. This is a trial run to deal with whiteknights brigading certain topics and salty users mass-downvoting users they disagree with. Some text formatting options have been removed. Some users like to format their posts in ways that make them harder to read or downright obnoxious. (Light colors, tiny fonts, etc), so this helps make threads more readable. If you find yourself needing post formatting because you're making a new thread, please contact a mod and we will make it happen. New threads have to be approved anyway, so you're not going to have to start out with an ugly thread. Text formatting remains available to all users who have supported us via Patreon.No more threads on "Online Personalities". We will NOT lock or remove old threads, but we won't approve new threads about people who don't have any history of drama or controversies. Some threads will be moved to the snowflake sections if applicable. Read the new topic guidelines before you make a new thread.Here are our works in progress: New categories will be added. "Little Snowflakes" is too broad of a spectrum, so we're going to sort our flakes into a few sub-sections to keep things organized. We will also make more use of tags for those flakes who transcend categories. This will also allow us to appoint moderators to specific categories or snowflakes. New moderators will be onboarded soon. 

Lauren Tsai "Lala"

68 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

ACCOUNTS
InstagramArt InstagramTwitter • Blog (last updated as of 2014)

CmBjKEUWgAAnJpv.jpg

I find no thread about her here, so I guess I better make one.

She's very fascinating because 1) she's gorgeous, 2) her art is absolutely gorgeous, and 3) she's appeared on Terrace House: Aloha State as one of the initial housemates.

Edited by TeeAviwecht

Posted (edited)

Woah, she is gorgeous. Maybe a little Kiko Mizuhara-esque. I dunno. It's probably the casual street style and the hair. 

I like this leather choker she's wearing here. Not sure if there's anything similar out there. NVM, don't. My neck is too short for a choker to look good on.

DBFX9y8UAAA8407.jpg

Edited by Tsubaki

Posted

I try to google "leather choker" and the results are kinda kinky, LOL

Posted

She's pretty and I'm pretty sure it was her age but on Terrace house she really reminded me of all the art aesthetic Asians on tumblr 3 years ago... pretty on screen but socially awkward and snake snitches in real life lmao.

Posted (edited)

i first saw her in terrace house aloha state and i was so amazed because she is so pretty naturally

there was a time in the show i thought that was pretty interesting where one of the guys (kai i think) liked her but she didnt. kai asked her on a date and she said yes (i guess bc she felt pressured? idk) and the date ended up being really awkward. she got mad at some of the members for egging him on (kai asked for advice and some of the members were like ya go for it!! even though they knew she didnt like him) for putting her in that kind of situation. 

Edited by shyclops
adding more details

Posted

She's pretty but she was so awkward and nervous on Terrace House.  I feel like maybe her agency told her to go on the show bc she seemed like she didn't want to be on it. Her art is very art school freshman (given her age it's not surprising), but IMO because she's gorgeous, no one has ever given her a proper critique on how to improve her concepts.

Posted

Her art sure is far from generic! Really like the weird feel and how clean it is at the same time

Posted

does anyone know if the "this-is-lala" tumblr user is really her?

Posted

She definitely reminds me of Kiko Mizuhara, but I think she's stunning in her own right. Idk how I feel about her on Terrace House (still waiting for the release of part 3 & 4 :/) but I feel bad about how she was portrayed when some of the drama went down like Avian & Naomi 'ganging up on her' or the whole thing with Yusuke. She has a really mature look but seeing her interactions with the others in TH made me realize she's still young so that's probably why she seemed so awkward.

Also, can anyone comment on her Japanese? I've heard she has a noticeable accent & she seems to have trouble expressing herself, but regardless I think it's cool that she's really pushing herself to learn the language & she doesn't come off as weebish at all. 

Posted

She definitely reminds me of Kiko Mizuhara, but I think she's stunning in her own right. Idk how I feel about her on Terrace House (still waiting for the release of part 3 & 4 :/) but I feel bad about how she was portrayed when some of the drama went down like Avian & Naomi 'ganging up on her' or the whole thing with Yusuke. She has a really mature look but seeing her interactions with the others in TH made me realize she's still young so that's probably why she seemed so awkward.

Also, can anyone comment on her Japanese? I've heard she has a noticeable accent & she seems to have trouble expressing herself, but regardless I think it's cool that she's really pushing herself to learn the language & she doesn't come off as weebish at all. 

I'd say her Japanese isn't bad. It was very obvious that she stuck to the more simple way of speaking and she struggled a lot when she wanted to express herself (she'd often speak English during these moments) and her accent was very obvious but based on her vocabulary and on her rather unnatural flow at times it's safe to say she's taken it seriously to study Japanese. 

Posted

What ethnicity is she? She's so pretty but I thought she was in her 20's ;;; (Which isn't a bad thing; she looks like a good kind of mature) 

I'll be watching Terrace House soon LMAO

Posted

What ethnicity is she? She's so pretty but I thought she was in her 20's ;;; (Which isn't a bad thing; she looks like a good kind of mature) 

I'll be watching Terrace House soon LMAO

She's half white and half Chinese.

On the note about her Japanese, it's not great. Maybe it's improved since she moved to Japan, but on the show itself it was a bit low effort (especially when she would get stressed or frustrated.) One of the other cast members, Avian, is Chinese and from Hawaii and she spoke more naturally and with more ease, but afaik never went into the details of how or why she learned Japanese.

Posted

She's half white and half Chinese.

On the note about her Japanese, it's not great. Maybe it's improved since she moved to Japan, but on the show itself it was a bit low effort (especially when she would get stressed or frustrated.) One of the other cast members, Avian, is Chinese and from Hawaii and she spoke more naturally and with more ease, but afaik never went into the details of how or why she learned Japanese.

Oh, ok! I figured she was half Chinese from the last name but I wasn't sure bc she's learning Japanese ;; 

Posted

oh wow she's pretty and i love her art it's definitely unique i don't even know what else to say about it apart from that i really really love it 

Posted

Omg, she is stunning! :alpacalove: