• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Catherine Chi @catherine_chi

139 posts in this topic

Posted

I feel like she's more of a koreaboo weeb but try hard ABG only because she's from the land of ABGs... (Orange county).  There's something about her face that just can't be ABG and makes me cringe.. Her friend @truongmichi is more ABG fitting. Her go to face for photos where her mouth is just open and she shows her two front teeth is pretty annoying. Whats up with her bio tho, what does she do exactly...?cc.thumb.png.5db7dc4c956dba734291cb29973

Wait wut I swear her bio is from @sacheu lolScreen_Shot_2019-06-10_at_2.08.20_PM.thu

Posted (edited)

She looks pretty average imho. I do feel like one of the reasons her account has grown is because she has good quality photos. 

One thing that did stand out to me was how much her face morphed from the professional photos to her selfies (peep the bent earring in the first photo). The nose differences in the first two selfies versus the last one. That Snow beautify feature, wowee 

and for the constant mouth hanging open thing, I do feel like it’s because of her teeth. Mainly because I also have a similar problem where my teeth are naturally big and they stuck out a bit. Had braces to fix them but that doesn’t change the size of my teeth lmfao the only difference is is that I don’t let my mouth hang open like that in every photo. It’s like the go-to ‘model’ face everyone goes for but only some people can pull it off kskskskskssk 

(and unfortunately, Catherine is not one of them because it just makes it look like she has lost control of the muscles around her mouth).

444138F0-4290-44A7-B4EA-4C1D03B2295B.jpeg

106E32EB-0ABB-4A93-8801-6828AB430994.jpeg

8BFE1904-4CD7-4270-BC68-4FCC0018E605.jpeg

Edited by Tofudofu

Posted

She looks pretty average imho. I do feel like one of the reasons her account has grown is because she has good quality photos. 

One thing that did stand out to me was how much her face morphed from the professional photos to her selfies (peep the bent earring in the first photo). The nose differences in the first two selfies versus the last one. That Snow beautify feature, wowee 

and for the constant mouth hanging open thing, I do feel like it’s because of her teeth. Mainly because I also have a similar problem where my teeth are naturally big and they stuck out a bit. Had braces to fix them but that doesn’t change the size of my teeth lmfao the only difference is is that I don’t let my mouth hang open like that in every photo. It’s like the go-to ‘model’ face everyone goes for but only some people can pull it off kskskskskssk 

(and unfortunately, Catherine is not one of them because it just makes it look like she has lost control of the muscles around her mouth).

444138F0-4290-44A7-B4EA-4C1D03B2295B.jpeg

106E32EB-0ABB-4A93-8801-6828AB430994.jpeg

8BFE1904-4CD7-4270-BC68-4FCC0018E605.jpeg

Oh yeah wow I can definitely see the shooping now. That earring lol I also agree that she looks average. Sucks that she's also not beautiful on the inside. I pretty much canceled her after her "yearbook" incident. I still can't fathom how someone could do what she did without batting an eye.

Posted (edited)

Edited by matchaha

Posted

Oh yeah wow I can definitely see the shooping now. That earring lol I also agree that she looks average. Sucks that she's also not beautiful on the inside. I pretty much canceled her after her "yearbook" incident. I still can't fathom how someone could do what she did without batting an eye.

I think it’s kind of funny how on Twitter she won’t use catherine_chi; probably afraid of being traced to the yearbook incident? 

Posted

i know we've moved on from her subtle asian dating collage/ppt but her writing "High EQ" after she pulled that yearbook stunt?

i HAVE to laugh

20190619_162021.jpg

Posted

From her spam account (about photoshopping and using snow) :

39391A02-1F12-4F48-8664-B86BF0981F67.jpe9AF07AEF-5F36-43E4-A488-033A93BAFCD0.jpe

Posted

39391A02-1F12-4F48-8664-B86BF0981F67.jpe9AF07AEF-5F36-43E4-A488-033A93BAFCD0.jpe

Omg is she serious?... She's seriously comparing an industry created with the purpose to deceive an audience for money and her instagram account. YES, instagram influencers have a huge influence on youth and promoting unrealistic beauty standards but that doesn't mean you SHOULD deceive your audience. Her excuse is bullsh*t. I work as a full time graphic designer and retouching, editing shit is a huge part of it. Yes, we do it for advertisements, but I wouldn't go as far as to say I've "lost touch" with knowing life without photoshopping shit. Damn, how selfish and stuck up can you be to think like that. 

Also on her rant on snapchat and snow, umm I'm pretty sure Snow takes it way too far with it's face altering and face lightening features to fit korean beauty standards. 

Ready to Glare did a great video talking about influencers and photoshop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjsxfVBukd4

Posted

this is a relatively old topic but it was brought back up again by my teacher this year when he talked about stupid stuff you shouldn't do since it's so close to the end of senior year .. for those who mentioned that they wanted to hear duy's side of the story: basically my teacher said he and duy were very close and that duy was an all-around ball of sunshine of a kid but when catherine pulled this stunt and wrote the malicious comments, duy was a huge emotional wreck. duy was already having a hard time and often opened up to my teacher about it so when catherine did this he wasn't ok with it? let's assume that catherine and him WERE friends though (they weren't), would you write those things to your friend? i understand playful banter and bickering but that was just too far .. outside of this scandal catherine's known as cocky and rude too .. one of my friends met her a blackpink concert and said catherine was even cocky there as well. 

Posted

I can understand the argument she's making, and there's nothing exactly wrong with editing here and there just like how there's no issue with Snow or facetune - I use it, my friends use it, heck a lot of people online do, but it's an issue of people abusing the apps and getting surprised when people see them irl and how different they look. I slim my face down too, but if i'm liquifying my face to the point my own earrings are getting warped like hers are then maybe it's tad bit too much. 

some people don't care about editing no matter what degree it is, but others do care. And when you have almost 11K followers on IG you have to be ready and expect different opinions 

Posted

Wtf is wrong with her? Being gay isn’t a trend

42C4B80B-1A9D-4BB0-8FA1-DF1A441AE942.png

Posted

Power to her for being confident in herself so that she is happy for people to see her shoops and her bare face, this isn’t something many ‘influencers/ig models’ do. She isn’t hiding the fact she uses Snow and editing apps which is good. She can do whatever she wants and edit her photos so that her earrings are dancing on her head to achieve the skinny nose and v shape jaw because it’s her online image that’s being affected at the end of the day and if that’s the image and face she wishes for her audience to see, then so be it. 

But her attitude in that rant stinks. She should have just written ‘everyone shoops so I can too’ and it would have delivered the same message. Sis really compared shooping a burger to shooping a face. No one is saying you shouldn’t touch up your photos, Catherine (since you lurk here anyway). But maybe there needs to be a line drawn when the photo no longer looks like you and your features have completely changed. 

Posted

I feel like she's more of a koreaboo weeb but try hard ABG only because she's from the land of ABGs... (Orange county).  There's something about her face that just can't be ABG and makes me cringe.. Her friend @truongmichi is more ABG fitting. Her go to face for photos where her mouth is just open and she shows her two front teeth is pretty annoying. Whats up with her bio tho, what does she do exactly...?cc.thumb.png.5db7dc4c956dba734291cb29973

“content for girls and gays” lol this caption is really cringy esp since her content is really bad and mainly targeted at koreaboos... sarah cheung has the same caption but her content at least isn’t some weird boo makeup and overphotoshopped average looking photos

Posted

“content for girls and gays” lol this caption is really cringy esp since her content is really bad and mainly targeted at koreaboos... sarah cheung has the same caption but her content at least isn’t some weird boo makeup and overphotoshopped average looking photos

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if she just got it from someone else and copied it into her bio to sound edgy. 

Posted (edited)

Idk if anyone’s posted this before but she has a findom account

took me a while to make the connection LOL

guwss she’s good at it because she’s used to being a bully

Edited by seoulite