• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Musical.y/Musical.y Stars

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Musical.y is a app where you lip-synch to music and skits, a lot of people have gotten famous off it it. Talk about your opinions on the app, or any famous/popular musical.y people that you like or dislike.

I think the concept of the app seems fun but the fact that people are getting famous just by being good at making facial expressions, and moving their camera to a piece of audio is pretty weird, especially since most people famous/popular people on musical.y sell merch and go on tours.

Posted (edited)

It kinda confuses me that they sell merch and go on tours? Lip Synch isn't a talent. Maybe these people are famous because they are pretty?

Edit:
Okay I found out about two german girls (Lisa and Lena) who are pretty famous because of musical.ly
The german boulevard press called them as famous celebs because they have 11million follower on Instagram. Wtf. 
They also tours around Germany and also on the USA. 
I don't know these girls gives me a vibe that they are pretty spoiled brats. 

Edited by FishQueen

Posted

This video pretty sums up my opinion of this app. 

Posted

*lowkey wishing I made $1,000,000 for lip syncing* 

Posted

I think musically is shit and i dont get how and why people lip syncing and doing all these expression EARN CHACHING OR EVEN GET FAMOUS LIKE WHAAAAAT but ok. I dont like musically and its shit period.

Posted

Jesus this app... 

I don't understand how these people are getting popular for lip syncing... It is like those Magcon viners all over again except with even less talent (if that is even possible).

A good amount of popular musically users are pretty young on top of it.  

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by cyka

Posted

I dont get when they do "tours" like what they gonna do there ? Still lips syncing but doing it live on stage ???

Posted

I know people think it's dramatic to say, but I do find it really sad that it takes so little to gain 'fame' now. These people making stupid facial expressions and wave their phone around while lip-synching songs that actual talented people have taken the time to write, produce and release. There's no creativity at all (except for this one kid I saw that actually had great editing in terms of camera cuts etc. but that was ONE).

It's weird because a show like lip-synch battle I don't mind (but don't watch), but maybe it's because they're people who've actually proven themselves in the entertainment industry and provide things outside of that.

Posted (edited)

This video pretty sums up my opinion of this app. 

based IHE

i agree with him on this, but even if I don't agree with him on everything he always manages to be entertaining in his videos. which is more than I can say for musical.ly "stars".

For the record I do admittedly post dumb lipsyncing videos to my Snapchat on occasion, but not to the point where it's overbearing.

Its honestly one of those sites that older people would often consider "millennial" that I cannot understand the appeal of to save the life of me (kind of like that cameron dallas kid and his posse of "jumpers" or whatever they are as well, I fail to see what's to amusing about them either). 

Edited by bodoni

Posted

I dont get when they do "tours" like what they gonna do there ? Still lips syncing but doing it live on stage ???

I remember a while ago in December or something there was this "Revoution Tour", a bunch of musical.y users went to it. It was supposed to be a meet up for fans, but I think most of the famous people were just faking it since they seemed VERY happy to see their internet friends. I guess they just autograph things and take photos, which is pretty weird since most of them are teenagers.

Posted

Ahhh the app that makes everyone above the age of 15 cringe :/

I still cant believe these kids become famous just because they lip sync well LOL

From what I've noticed, most musical.y users seem to become famous only if they're good looking...