• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

Kpop scandals

1500 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I think it was to point out that Jimin is unprofessional. Jimin pushed Mina to hold in her tears and stress about her dad. Mina was told to be professional so she didn't ruin the mood or negatively affect her members. At the same time, Jimin was doing something that could have really negatively impacted AOA. Can you imagine the scandal if a girl group member was caught bringing a man to her dorm for sex?

facts. we're seeing this 'scandal' through a western point of view. in reality, sk is so conservative in its beliefs that I would bet top dollar that if news had gotten out about Jimin bringing boys back to the dorm, AOA would have been dragged through the mud by the knetz and the south korean media. 

Edited by paintedLiars

Posted

I think Jimin is finished for good. There's no way she can crawl back to the public now. 

Bullying AND unprofessional sex scandal? Korea is extremely conservative and old-fashioned. Not to mention, Korea is very misogynistic. A male idol having a sex scandal isn't as scandalous and controversial as a female idol. 

Seeing as they are digging through every AOA members' SNS to support the bullying claim. I wouldn't be surprised if Knetz is digging to find out who that male is as well. 

Posted

The part where she revealed Jimin had sex with a man in the dorm was unnecessary, I might get downvoted but come on now. Like her revealing that Jimin is a bully is more than enough to rightfully end her career.

Also the others should also be held accountable, they didn’t participate but they stood by. So they are just as guilty just by indirectly enabling it imo.

Maybe they should disband?

Regarding this, some netizens mentioned how FNC only started taking action after Mina mentioned that, speculating that the man might've been someone important. What do you guys think about it?

Posted (edited)

The part where she revealed Jimin had sex with a man in the dorm was unnecessary, I might get downvoted but come on now. Like her revealing that Jimin is a bully is more than enough to rightfully end her career.

Also the others should also be held accountable, they didn’t participate but they stood by. So they are just as guilty just by indirectly enabling it imo.

Maybe they should disband?

it was more so mentioned not for slutshaming, but remember she said it would be "so loud" at night and she'd have to sleep in their practice rooms. and then jimin mentioned that her bullying was trying to guide mina to live her live righteously and "walk the right path", yet she as a leader was inconsiderately inviting people over. 

Edited by Jjak

Posted

Regarding this, some netizens mentioned how FNC only started taking action after Mina mentioned that, speculating that the man might've been someone important. What do you guys think about it?

I have seen the same thing being mentioned, but nothing specific has been said after that, has it? I actually took that comment different from most here it seems. I found of this whole mess happening on someone's insta story, and in it they were bashing Jimin for using her "sex appeal" to gain favoritism in the unpretty rapstar thing. I thought it was odd, and kind of rubbed me off the wrong way how Mina's traumatic experience was getting downplayed to trash talk Jimin for being a slut. Then I saw the comment by Mina, and I am now wondering if she really did bedroom favors to whoever gave her special treatment on the show and possibly with other upper up as well....

Posted

I’ve seen people use Jimin’s apparently poor mental health as an excuse and/or reason and I’m DONE. I’m DONE IM DONE IM DONEEEEE.

How in the actual fuck is whatever mental illness she has the reason as to why she SOUGHT OUT to emotionally torture a person for TEN YEARS?!?!?? I get acting cranky, I get acting a lil bitchy, but actively seeking out to hurt someone like that is not any mental illness’s doing, it is just her. It’s all her. That is the core of who she is and people need to wake the fuck up and accept it. 

I also see people say “don’t send hate to jimin it will make her mental health worse” or show concern for her mental health at this time. I’m more than pissed off. Why should anyone care about her mental health this much???? By all means, pls don’t send death threats cuz that’s inhumane, but you really gonna sit here and think jimin can’t and shouldnt handle someone calling her a “bitch” after all the shit she has caused for a person?????? No one has to give a shit about her mental state when tweeting or posting  about her being a complete asshole and how someone should put her in her place. She brought this upon herself, this was all her own doing, and is not related to her mental illness(es). If she didn’t have these problems, you wouldn’t be saying how people should be concerned for their emotions, so why are you saying it now???? How about treat mentally ill people the same as a person without it, and not coddle them like they are in the 1st grade????? 

DC073BF1-BDB3-47AC-81FA-8256AEA9725E.gif

100% facts here. Also shitty people with mental health problems exists. She's aware of her actions to Mina, the victim now has courage to speak up and the first thing you say is "fiction". Bullying and suicide is high in SK, so Mina telling the public that she was bullied by her own groupmate and leader is not impossible to happen.

Bullying happens at any workplace too so let Jimin face the consequences of her actions.

The woman has scars and tried to kill herself for being treated so bad by her own band mate, what proof do you need to believe?

I'm not familiar with AOA but if you have matching tattoos or always talk about your friendship with someone who is a "bully" chances are you are not a good person too. You may not be as bad as that person but there is no way she doesn't know about it. 

Posted (edited)

I’ve seen people use Jimin’s apparently poor mental health as an excuse and/or reason and I’m DONE. I’m DONE IM DONE IM DONEEEEE.

How in the actual fuck is whatever mental illness she has the reason as to why she SOUGHT OUT to emotionally torture a person for TEN YEARS?!?!?? I get acting cranky, I get acting a lil bitchy, but actively seeking out to hurt someone like that is not any mental illness’s doing, it is just her. It’s all her. That is the core of who she is and people need to wake the fuck up and accept it. 

I also see people say “don’t send hate to jimin it will make her mental health worse” or show concern for her mental health at this time. I’m more than pissed off. Why should anyone care about her mental health this much???? By all means, pls don’t send death threats cuz that’s inhumane, but you really gonna sit here and think jimin can’t and shouldnt handle someone calling her a “bitch” after all the shit she has caused for a person?????? No one has to give a shit about her mental state when tweeting or posting  about her being a complete asshole and how someone should put her in her place. She brought this upon herself, this was all her own doing, and is not related to her mental illness(es). If she didn’t have these problems, you wouldn’t be saying how people should be concerned for their emotions, so why are you saying it now???? How about treat mentally ill people the same as a person without it, and not coddle them like they are in the 1st grade????? 

DC073BF1-BDB3-47AC-81FA-8256AEA9725E.gif

THANK YOU. Mental illness is never, ever an excuse to hurt others. Jimin is just a rotten individual through and through. She doesn't deserve any pity. She still has yet to give a sincere apology to Mina, clearly because she doesn't regret her actions.

I feel so upset for Mina. It must be hard for her to see both AOA and these people defend Jimin when she went through 10 years of despair because of her.

Edited by emilia

Posted

I'm a bit late on the whole AOA stuff but how did no one notice or question it?
Fans are so notorious for basically taking the smallest of things and capitalising on them and speculating on them so the fact that they never questioned why Jimin didn't comfort Mina or didn't seem to include her in anything is so odd to me.

More importantly, how did the rest of the group not realise this? They spent so much time together and probably saw or noticed a lot of the stuff and no one said anything or tried to involve Mina to at least try and make her feel accepted in the group?

I feel like the whole situation is being played down to being between the two people and I have rarely really seen comment mention the rest of the group in general. Not to say they're also bullies, but they seem to have turned a blind eye to it at that point in time.

Posted

Fans are so notorious for basically taking the smallest of things and capitalising on them and speculating on them so the fact that they never questioned why Jimin didn't comfort Mina or didn't seem to include her in anything is so odd to me.

More importantly, how did the rest of the group not realise this? They spent so much time together and probably saw or noticed a lot of the stuff and no one said anything or tried to involve Mina to at least try and make her feel accepted in the group?

I feel like the whole situation is being played down to being between the two people and I have rarely really seen comment mention the rest of the group in general. Not to say they're also bullies, but they seem to have turned a blind eye to it at that point in time.

I think they all knew but chose not to act on it, maybe in fear of Jimin. Another ex member is vague posting about being bullied as well, that Younkyung girl posted lyrics about bystanders not doing anything. Netizens are speculating also about Choa being bullied by her as well

Posted

I’m confident other members recognized the bullying behavior but just let it happen. Bully culture thrives on this kind of bystander effect.

Posted

Perhaps because there was already a narrative about Jimin having an eating disorder and mental health issues and, maybe fans didnt see it because someone so troubled and already a victim *surely* cant be causing someone else so much pain.

Posted (edited)

I never got into AOA so I can't act like I have full knowledge of their group dynamic. However, Jimin was over for me when Unpretty Rapstar came out. Yes, MNET editing happens, but the woman's entitlement shined in small hints and it was clear that she got way farther than she was supposed to. Point blank period. This was also around the time that she was revealed to say the N-Word in a rap and...I wasn't even surprised. When I heard her song Puss I knew it would be a matter of time cause she was just cussing and dropping bombs for no reason. I was like...are people really into this? The whole song, lyrics, stage, was complete trash. I find it so interesting how so many people used to praise her for that song and thought she was this Queen with a cute/"badass" image...and now everyone suddenly thinks it's trash a day later when it's like...no, it was always garbage and she was leaving breadcrumbs of her behavior during that era, it's just that when some people called it out, their arms were twisted by her fans. Am I saying it was enough to anticipate what Mina revealed? Absolutely not. But to say I had a bad feeling about her for a while is heart breaking considering all the more she did behind the scenes. At most, I expected natural conflict, but all of this?? That's just gut wrenching. 
I truly hope that Mina is alright because it takes a substantial amount of courage to come out with this and she should be surrounded by her loved ones. 

Edited by cocoaqueen

Posted

.. what the fuck is up with these people. Man, that damage-control-donation really is just bragging points for them huh?

our “black asses” are ever so grateful to bts and big hit for that absolutely phenomenal and in no way a publicity stunt donation that solved racism and taught their ignorant ass fans not to engage in targeted harassment and continued assaults of degradation and denigration of black people who do not like bts or kpop music. oh wait…