• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

Kpop scandals

1500 posts in this topic

Posted

tfw my comment is misconstrued as hating bts

tfw op doesn't mention snsd 

i like bts casually (their singles are good) but i don't follow them outside of that, though i do find their fanbase to be annoying.

Posted

i dont think any idol member called out their fans for being assholes UNLESS it involves their own privacies. The only exception I know was someone from BEAST/Highlight who told the fandom to stop being mean to others but that was it. Taehyung told armys to stop pushing/endangering others at the airport and also told armys to stop disrespecting certain members on fancafe and weverse. Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Jungkook and Yoongi also talked about saesangs but again, that relates to their own private lives. Honestly what idol would "call out" their fans for being crazy when it's they're their source of income? 

I am not trying to make this EXO vs BTS I’m only using exo as an example since I literally only stan them but exo always calls out their fans, especially Chanyeol and baekhyun. Even a concert I’ve been to myself they called out fans for pushing and shoving each other and also showing disrespect to other idol groups at ceremonies. 

Posted

I am not trying to make this EXO vs BTS I’m only using exo as an example since I literally only stan them but exo always calls out their fans, especially Chanyeol and baekhyun. Even a concert I’ve been to myself they called out fans for pushing and shoving each other and also showing disrespect to other idol groups at ceremonies. 

Could you please link me to the source please?

Posted

Hidden Content

I’m searching twitter now but all I can find is posts about the current airport situation since ppl are going crazy over that (Junmyeon Chanyeol and baekhyun calling out fans for causing a scene at the airport today) 

I can only find some random incident like this one since it’s easier to search for:

https://twitter.com/baeklimited/status/1165918061557207040?s=21 (sehun calling out fans for pushing putting other fans in danger and EXO-sc event) 

If you wanna do a web or twitter search and scroll yourself that’s fine but I’m already tired lmao

Posted

i dont think any idol member called out their fans for being assholes UNLESS it involves their own privacies. The only exception I know was someone from BEAST/Highlight who told the fandom to stop being mean to others but that was it. Taehyung told armys to stop pushing/endangering others at the airport and also told armys to stop disrespecting certain members on fancafe and weverse. Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Jungkook and Yoongi also talked about saesangs but again, that relates to their own private lives. Honestly what idol would "call out" their fans for being crazy when it's they're their source of income? 

Idols calling out their fans are more common than you think. There was even a idol (lee hongki) who basically told a fan to screw off because the fan said they were dissapointed he had dating rumors. I think bts are the one of the biggest group who have the least instances of them calling out fans. I find that they really like pampering their fans much more than any other groups I liked/paid attention to.

Posted

Idols calling out their fans are more common than you think. There was even a idol (lee hongki) who basically told a fan to screw off because the fan said they were dissapointed he had dating rumors. I think bts are the one of the biggest group who have the least instances of them calling out fans. I find that they really like pampering their fans much more than any other groups I liked/paid attention to.

last post about this bc it's so repetitive and i know i won't do much to change your minds but

idols calling fans out for being shit heads to THEM =/= calling out fans to stop being mean to other idols 

the latter is RARE. i've seen countless of idols calling out fans for being rowdy and pushy at concerts and airports (got7, exo, bts, snsd, etc) but never telling them to stop being rude and mean to OTHER idols.

Posted

You're right, they weren't. I know Big Bang, PSY, 2NE1, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the wonder girls came also. I'm not saying they were the first ever act to come to America. I'm just pointing out that they were the first act to be consistently successful in America. PSY blew up but essentially became a one hit wonder in America (he's still very popular in korea) and BTS was the first to have sold out stadium tours in the US. So essentially, they didn't open the gate but they made it wider so that other groups could thrive here too. You now see rookie groups going on US tours when just a few years ago, that was completely unheard of.

idk why're youre so pressed about these alleged "kpop stans"? Unless you're talking about kids on the internet, who believe their fave is the be all end all, then you're really just making stuff up to push your own agenda. And what's wrong with hyping your faves? The people you've mentioned, Whitney Houston, Christina Aguilera, Mariah Carey (names you've managed to all misspell), had began their careers around the 1980s-90s. How is it fair to compare a less than 10 year old group to someone who's been in the business for close to 30 years?

BTS didn't just luck out, they have the numbers to back themselves up. Here you can see a time lapse of  top 15 gaon total sales chart from 2010-2019. They've been climbing the charts since 2015 and was dominating it by 2017. Monsta X didn't even enter the top 15 until the end of 2018.

english isn't my native language, are you that out of arguments that you're shitting on me not spell checking? also, fine, most people will know who tf Shawn Mendes is, but they won't know BTS. also, BTS DID luck out, they literally sound the same as a shit ton of other kpop groups (cause they're manufactured as the rest of them, duh), they just went there at the right time. 

also, the "numbers" they have is from obsessed fans who spam EVERYWHERE with BTS. Same people going to multiple concerts, same people buying 32948732 versions of an album. And then those same people go and whine when another group manages their success in way less time, or even so much as BREATHES in the same location. 

(also, lol, gaon charts? weren't we talking about the US? )

anyway, it's not "trendy" to hate on BTS, i can only say for myself but I am tired of armies fucking shilling their favs are "real artists" and shit when they're literally like the rest of kpop and that's fine. Meanwhile JK writes shit like this lmao 

1569595906309.jpg

"your vibe is too strong. still....hot" , damn that's deep. /s

spoiler for derailing, we should probs take this to unpopular kpop opinions or like...just go back to twt and keep screaming about your favs, like, damn, you can't even voice ur opinion on a damn anon forum without being jumped by fcking fans lmao

so anyway, are we ever gonna get any more shit on YG and Seungri or nah? what happened to the gambling charges? 

last post about this bc it's so repetitive and i know i won't do much to change your minds but

idols calling fans out for being shit heads to THEM =/= calling out fans to stop being mean to other idols 

the latter is RARE. i've seen countless of idols calling out fans for being rowdy and pushy at concerts and airports (got7, exo, bts, snsd, etc) but never telling them to stop being rude and mean to OTHER idols.

that's true and i wish more idols called out their fans on that too :I not just idols, but fandoms in general tbh, its annoying as hell.

Posted

honestly i feel like half the time they dont know nor care how their fans are treating other idols/fandoms and the other half of the time they probably arent allowed to address it because it would call attention to it and get picked up by the media, especially if we're talking about bts and the like. ive seen idols call out fans for treating their bandmates poorly, but i really dont recall idols saying anything about artists from other groups. 

Posted (edited)

Last comment on this topic from me

Saying bts doesn’t deserve what they have, that they’re overrated and their fanbase is the reason why you dislike them or anything along those lines is not the same as constructive valid criticism/valid opinions on THEM as a GROUP and PEOPLE

If you want to use their problematic past as an excuse fine, but make sure to bring up your favs problematic past as well it’s only fair

This goes for any group not just bts

edit: to clarify I mean everyone brings up bts problematic past to justify why they dont like them (valid!) while completely ignoring their favs problematic past which is hypocritical considering they all have probably done and said the same exact problematic thing

Edited by b71

Posted (edited)

that's true and i wish more idols called out their fans on that too :I not just idols, but fandoms in general tbh, its annoying as hell.

awhile ago, Chanyeol commented or smth on sulli’s post and he had to clarify because she was getting so much hate, it was smth like “she will NEVER take your place!!!” The CLOWNERY of it all. 

Just wanted to add, with Sulli’s latest scandal, I wonder if she’ll be able to come back from that? 

Edited by CrysCrys

Posted

Jackson Wang is forever calling out fans when they are rude, invading privacy or being assholes to each other. I've seen him do it a few times. I admire him for that. 

Posted

Just wanted to add, with Sulli’s latest scandal, I wonder if she’ll be able to come back from that? 

the nip slip? dont think so since she already did a full nude scene in Real. people think the worst of her already so i don't think she can hit any lower in terms of her image tbh (not that a nip slip is a bad thing) plus its not like she shoved her chest into the camera- you could hardly see anything. 

Posted (edited)

Last comment on this topic from me

Saying bts doesn’t deserve what they have, that they’re overrated and their fanbase is the reason why you dislike them or anything along those lines is not the same as constructive valid criticism/valid opinions on THEM as a GROUP and PEOPLE

If you want to use their problematic past as an excuse fine, but make sure to bring up your favs problematic past as well it’s only fair

This goes for any group not just bts

I don't see how you think it's fair to bring up "your favs problematic past as well" when one is criticizing bts, it's like saying bts can be bad, but only if other people are bad as well - it doesn't make sense.

Now, I don't have any favorites so i'm cleared on that.  I am more of a casual observer than anything.  I used to like bts, really, no shade.  But it all went downhill for me ever since their first stadium concert.  Not saying it's entirely their fault, bh is probably 80% at fault if I'm being honest.  But the fact that they go along with some of the the things bh does is very telling, and one of the reasons I really started distancing myself from them. 

Probably the first thing that I would accuse bts, the members, of being is hypocritical.  One instance is from an interview I think, where RM proudly proclaims that they will never release an all English song because they are a korean boy band and will continue to release in korean.  This even though they have been releasing japanese songs for years, and bad japanese songs at that (japanese fans actually prefer to listen to the korean ones because their japanese isnt the best and the lyrics are not very well translated).  This says a lot because they actually NEED the japanese songs in order to compete for Japanese charts and to get money from Japan.  Still holding on to those values?  Oh and never mind the subsequent all English collabs, those don't count do they?  That incident really left a sour taste in my mouth. 

Then there is also the saudi incident, which I've already mentioned, so it's not worth it to write on it again. Yeah BH might be behind it, but the members also went along.

I will not even start commenting on BH because to be honest, when the things they do are going to be revealed, shit is gonna hit the fan (and I trust karma will come for them)

I still like the boys and hold the hope that they will not sell out.  But more and more I am proven otherwise...

Edited by Omega3
privacy reasons

Posted

Then there is also the saudi incident, which I've already mentioned, so it's not worth it to write on it again.  But I will say this.  I have it on very good authority that other events/concerts were cancelled in order to do the Saudi Concert.  Yeah BH might be behind it, but the members also went along.

the only all-english collab theyve ever done is waste it on me, to my knowledge, and it was a steve aoki song featuring bts, not a bts song. not sure which other collabs you could be referring to but other than that i really do agree with everything youve said. 

i would, however, really like to see some reciepts of the bit i highlighted above because this is a pretty significant claim and should really be backed up somehow. im already mostly against the saudi show but this would really seal the deal for me. 

Posted

I'm not trying to argue and I only replied once to you about this matter. Sorry, cause you didn't specify that you're talking about idols calling out fans who are being rude to other idols.