• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Kpop scandals

1133 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

E'dawn was actually the most popular member and the one who brought in fans. Now he looks dead and depressed, also has seriously let himself go.

Where? In the Korean fandom, the only one who actually matter because international fans did not spend any money on the group, he was at the bottom. He was eliminated in their pre debut reality show because he got almost no fan votes votes in any missions. Just because he was the center in Shine and people were hyping him up on Twitter it doesn't mean he drove any kind of income or hype in Korea.

If you wanna talk facts and be realistic you gotta step out of Twitter, that's a bubble. It's easy to say "Stan x!", like and retweet because it costs nothing. Were people buying albums and/or streaming? Was he getting CF offers, trending on Naver? No, which is why they're flops. Shine did better than all their other releases, but to say it was because of him...where's the evidence? People in Korea were calling him a druggie, weird and other things because of his makeup and facial expressions.

Edited by PrettyandNasty

Posted

are y'all following up with the nam taehyun drama? i lowkey forgot he existed until i came on twitter today and saw the shitstorm 

btw does anyone have the receipts,, jane deleted them as far as ik 

Posted

are y'all following up with the nam taehyun drama? i lowkey forgot he existed until i came on twitter today and saw the shitstorm 

koreaboo has an article on it.

Posted

This is 100% a pr stunt. He's gay and both his "relationship" with her and this cheating scandal are fabricated. He was totally broke before he started going back on tv shows, and his image is trash. He needed to rehabilitate it and since he has always had gay rumors and then a trashy image after leaving Winner, publicity dating a women was great. He doesn't have a fanbase to get mad at him for dating, and it makes him look more desirable, he knows exactly what he's doing. Most people caught on how forced his scenes with her were, it looked like she was into him but he couldn't care less. Which is true. 

Whether she was in about his initial intentions I don't know, but I think so. She was probably pissed because it was humiliating to have your boyfriend treat you like a stranger and picture other women. This scandal on the surface makes him look bad, but it's better for him to be seen as a cheater than as gay.

In the case this is real then I'm sorry for both women, because they're being used. And noticed how he went from looking like a hobo and smoking on stage to wearing makeup and idol styling again. He's just desperate because he's "independent artist" fantasy didn't pan out.

Posted

^ could we try not to post things like this as if they're fact when all you're running off of is fandom rumours? If you're insisting on coming out on his behalf(which you have no fkn place to do lol), at least show some solid evidence to back up your claim. 

As for the scandal, I'm really glad Jane took one for the team. Korea is huge on their victim blaming culture so she took a big risk for the sake of other women. I'm proud of her. I'm glad, for the most part, it seems like she's being supported. 

Posted

^ could we try not to post things like this as if they're fact when all you're running off of is fandom rumours? If you're insisting on coming out on his behalf(which you have no fkn place to do lol), at least show some solid evidence to back up your claim. 

As for the scandal, I'm really glad Jane took one for the team. Korea is huge on their victim blaming culture so she took a big risk for the sake of other women. I'm proud of her. I'm glad, for the most part, it seems like she's being supported. 

This is a gossip and speculation website, and a very niche international one at that, so you can take your self righteous and overzealous self somewhere else. I'm not doing anything wrong by stating my opinion: I NEVER said it was  a fact. I wouldn't have said "In the case this is real" if it was. Is the "pc" in your username standing for "political correct"? I'm also not saying he's gay because anyone thinks so too, but because I happen to have followed him since debut lol.

This IS a rumors forum and thread, it's called "Kpop Scandals" for God's sake. Are most k-scandals the real deal? No many are not, but they're still scandalous because the thing itself is shocking for people.

You sound like one of those people who's like "don't assume people's sexuality!!!" but has no problem assuming people are straight.

Posted

This is 100% a pr stunt. He's gay and both his "relationship" with her and this cheating scandal are fabricated. He was totally broke before he started going back on tv shows, and his image is trash. He needed to rehabilitate it and since he has always had gay rumors and then a trashy image after leaving Winner, publicity dating a women was great. He doesn't have a fanbase to get mad at him for dating, and it makes him look more desirable, he knows exactly what he's doing. Most people caught on how forced his scenes with her were, it looked like she was into him but he couldn't care less. Which is true. 

The things fans will say to defend their serial cheater oppar :D 

Posted (edited)

This is a gossip and speculation website, and a very niche international one at that, so you can take your self righteous and overzealous self somewhere else. I'm not doing anything wrong by stating my opinion: I NEVER said it was  a fact. I wouldn't have said "In the case this is real" if it was. Is the "pc" in your username standing for "political correct"? I'm also not saying he's gay because anyone thinks so too, but because I happen to have followed him since debut lol.

This IS a rumors forum and thread, it's called "Kpop Scandals" for God's sake. Are most k-scandals the real deal? No many are not, but they're still scandalous because the thing itself is shocking for people.

You sound like one of those people who's like "don't assume people's sexuality!!!" but has no problem assuming people are straight.

"This is 100% a pr stunt. He's gay and both his "relationship" with her and this cheating scandal are fabricated. He was totally broke before he started going back on tv shows, and his image is trash"

idk that sounds like stating facts to me.

" I'm also not saying he's gay because anyone thinks so too, but because I happen to have followed him since debut lol."

following someone for a long time that you dont even know personally and thinking that you are capable of knowing personal details about him and have his private life figured out just from some public appearances doesnt make you sound smart. it actually makes you sounds like a creep.

we get it, you're edgy and unique and you hate political correctness and bla bla bla, give yourself a pat in the back if you so badly need it,  but going on a rant just because someone POLITELY asked you to not make assumptions about someone's sexuality is quite pathetic 

Edited by htttps

Posted (edited)

The things fans will say to defend their serial cheater oppar :D 

Girl you're tripping lol

I liked him when he was on Winner, disliked him for a bit after he left and have been indifferent ever since.  The fact that you think anyhting I said comes from a place of love tells me you have a toxic understanding of it xD

"This is 100% a pr stunt. He's gay and both his "relationship" with her and this cheating scandal are fabricated. He was totally broke before he started going back on tv shows, and his image is trash"

idk that sounds like stating facts to me.

" I'm also not saying he's gay because anyone thinks so too, but because I happen to have followed him since debut lol."

following someone for a long time that you dont even know personally and thinking that you are capable of knowing personal details about him and have his private life figured out just from some public appearances doesnt make you sound smart. it actually makes you sounds like a creep.

we get it, you're edgy and unique and you hate political correctness and bla bla bla, give yourself a pat in the back if you so badly need it,  but going on a rant just because someone POLITELY asked you to not make assumptions about someone's sexuality is quite pathetic 

A ok, so I have to add "In my opinion" in front of every sentence I make because it's not a given. That's beyond stupid. Also, it is a fact he was broke because he said so himself lol, and his image was trash, either you don't actually follow k gossip and news or you're lying.

I never wanted to sound smart, and whats pathetic it's that you're doing the most to protect//defend someone from something that is not an attack or insult at all. I being gay a bad thing? This is, again, a completely irrelevant website to his life or career, and telling people to not speculate or assume in this forum where people drag others to the mud all the time..honey you're lost? And creep lol? So are 90% of the population them.

You're projecting honey, I could do the same:

"Yeah we get it, you're so worried to offend anyone you think making any assumption about them like a normal human being is problematic, but jumping on someone who only stated their opinion is quite pathetic".

Edit: keep the downvotes comin' honey, we love a good Tumblr SJW love B|

Edited by PrettyandNasty

Posted

pcy is park chanyeol actually lmao

anyway no I'm not "self righteous" I'm a queer person who is sick of seeing gay people being made the villains in such a petty way and sick of seeing women invalidated when they fight against mistreatment!! He can't just be an asshole cheater, right? he absolutely MUST be a gay person who is compensating for something!!! Being on a gossip website does not take away your accountability and I have a right to criticise you. 

Posted (edited)

pcy is park chanyeol actually lmao

anyway no I'm not "self righteous" I'm a queer person who is sick of seeing gay people being made the villains in such a petty way and sick of seeing women invalidated when they fight against mistreatment!! He can't just be an asshole cheater, right? he absolutely MUST be a gay person who is compensating for something!!! Being on a gossip website does not take away your accountability and I have a right to criticise you. 

I know it's about Chanyeol (ex EXO-L) I was taking a dig at you, but the sarcasm flew over you head lol xD Different humor.

I'm not "making gay people villains" wtf, you do realize bearding is a common occurrence in k entertainment just as it i s in Hollywood? I'm not using his sexuality as a weapon or anything like that, neither do I have a personal vendetta against him or anything.

I've thought him gay for 6 years, as have many others, it never impacted what I thought of him. I didn't like him because of it or spite it.

You have a right to criticize me but not to project your own issues, which you've just admitted having, on me. Neither do anyone have to right to policy what I say when it isn't hateful in any way.

Gay people can be good or bad, loyal or cheaters. they're just people after all. I only touched on sexuality because it's definitely relevant o the topic: my opinion is that it has to do with what happened. You're free to disagree.

In any case his apology came out. Let's see what happens next.

Edited by PrettyandNasty

Posted

It's only relevant if it's the truth and there is evidence to support it. You being a "fan" for all these years does not count as evidence and therefore it has no relevance to this topic whatsoever. 

Posted

It's only relevant if it's the truth and there is evidence to support it. You being a "fan" for all these years does not count as evidence and therefore it has no relevance to this topic whatsoever. 

Lol, you're transparent. This is not a news website, it's a place where petty bored people share their opinions, who are you're trying to kid? "Evidence" Lmao, I don't know whether you're a fan of him or just another oversensitive SJW, but please continue, you're hilarious.

Posted

The only thing I care to clarify is that I am supporting Jane in this mess. 

Can we discuss fandom scandals here? Just curious if anyone has seen the army's attacking NCT dream for "plagiarism" cuz those kids were wearing pink in their MV