• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Any tips you've seen that has better your skin ?

41 posts in this topic

Posted

Thayers witch hazel toner! It made my pimple scars fade away.

Posted

beauty-trends-2015-08-beauty-memes-dark-

Posted

A clean diet and water definitely does help! I will say these cleaned it up my skin, and I will stand by them so hard. 

The green tea cleanser calms your skin down a lot, where as the diaper rash cream helps with break outs because of the zinc in it. I prefer this specific brand of the diaper cream because it has other beneficial natural ingredients. I’ll put it on at night when I have active break outs and it stops the swelling and size by a lot by the next morning! 

F5F5AAFD-DE76-49A7-B60A-69BD02511620.jpeg

2AA00E2D-305D-4CC7-88EC-8451132FBB06.jpeg

Posted

I'm 35, i've only gotten really into skin care in the last two years of my life.  My advice is water, a silk pillowcase, and NEVER EVER use anything that has physical exfoliation,  only chemical.    also, never let soap touch your face,  use oil cleansing.  and over moisturize.  like even when it feels like way too much,  slather on some more.   these are basic tips i found on the internet that i've personally tried and tested.   i dont really have any 'before' pics as my skin was never terrible, but i have yet to see a single smile line, fine line or anything.  i've never had cystic acne, just a few break outs around my per,   so i cannot help with that but for anti aging or just general care for combination skin, this is what works for me.   so many things play a factor tho.   diet, genetics, geography.   but less is definitely more when it comes to your skin so thats what i've been following.

Posted

Always try to go to a Dermatologist and consult them about what to do with your skin.

Posted

Drink plenty of water, sleep earlier, do exercise

Posted

It has really helped me using a toner (expanding my skincare routine to more than just moisturizer) and using different oils. Atm I use evening primrose oil and I also really like pure shea butter! 

btw I have very dry and sensitive skin 

Posted

Pay attention to your monthly cycle, since sometimes acne can be affected by hormones too.  I realized this only a couple of years ago myself.. even if you're on birth control and you don't get a period your cycle still hums along.  I typically tend to get pimples around my chin and mouth during that time when I would normally get my period

Posted

I tested the homemade coffee and egg white exfoliating mask and it's so good! I have sensitive mixed skin with dry patches. Had great results, skin feels very soft and fresh. I'll keep using it once a week.

PS: Rinse, moisturize, don't rub too hard.  :alpacacrush:

Posted (edited)

I use only natural and/or homemade skincare, and my skin has reacted well. I made my own rosewater that I use as a toner, and I made a moisturizer that has honey, olive oil, shea butter, and beeswax as the main ingredients. The honey is antibacterial and a humectant and I think is the reason my acne has cleared up. My acne scars are also fading. Not everyone wants to go the homemade/natural route, and it may not be the solution for everyone, but I think it can benefit a lot of people. It just takes research on your skin type and which ingredients would be best for your needs.

Edited by Astralworm

Posted

I've spent a ton of money of skincare products but honestly, the most significant change I made was eating a healthier diet, drinking more water, and getting more sleep. Also, clean pillow cases and bed sheets, sunscreen, and multi-vitamins are also factors in the clearing of my skin. And let's not forget regular cleaning, exfoliation and non-fragrance moisturizer. You could also look into stress management since some people do get stress-related breakouts.