Taylor and elbow-sans "relationship"

106 posts in this topic

Posted

Can we please talk about how Taylor lied about her old apartment and living situation? All while hiding her relationship from viewers.

She lived with Elbow-san while living there and staged the whole bedroom to make it seem like she didn't have a boyfriend. Whenever Sharla was over she would sleep in that room...so where would Taylor sleep? Definitely not on the couch. That apartment had a master bedroom that went unseen.

I think its totally reasonable that a daily vlogger would try to keep some intimate life details to themselves. I have dated guys and waited before even mentioning their name to family or friends until I was good and ready, it didn't mean I wasn't serious about the relationship nor was it a lie. She may have wanted to wait until she felt the relationship was serious enough, maybe he had qualms about being involved in this 'internet business'. There are a lot of reasons why an internet blogger doesn't share the whole of their life with an audience and I would even go so far as to say its a sign of good mental health. 

Posted

I think its totally reasonable that a daily vlogger would try to keep some intimate life details to themselves. I have dated guys and waited before even mentioning their name to family or friends until I was good and ready, it didn't mean I wasn't serious about the relationship nor was it a lie. She may have wanted to wait until she felt the relationship was serious enough, maybe he had qualms about being involved in this 'internet business'. There are a lot of reasons why an internet blogger doesn't share the whole of their life with an audience and I would even go so far as to say its a sign of good mental health. 

It would be one thing if her old "bedroom" was actually an office and that's just where she filmed, but instead she spent money and time making it into a fake bedroom to lie to her audience. And he owns her 'internet business', so there's that problem too.

Posted

Wow who would have thought she would make up some excuse for fame 

Posted

The fake bedroom video is called "my bedroom tour", in the same way she has a video "how I learned Japanese".

Don't you think there is a difference between: (1) wanting to keep intimate details about herself private, compared to (2) actively deceiving her audience to portray a made-up persona of herself? I think we can all agree the 'virgin doll' persona was fake and thus, the fake bedroom fits with the character.  

This is the same girl that pretended to speak fluent Japanese (and Cantonese if I'm not wrong) after all.

If she wanted to keep things private, then just be open about wanting to keep things private; instead we witness an entire spiel of the virgin doll in her bedroom showing us her sailor moon makeup in her totally perfect drawer arrangement. I mean she even admits later Rosie's house in the video was bought just for the video.

She pretended to be fluent in canto at one stage? yikes.

Also i love your profile picture btw... haha and where u got it from

Posted

She pretended to be fluent in canto at one stage? yikes.

lol that picture is her boyfriend's profile picture on facebook 

Posted (edited)

The fake bedroom video is called "my bedroom tour", in the same way she has a video "how I learned Japanese".

Don't you think there is a difference between: (1) wanting to keep intimate details about herself private, compared to (2) actively deceiving her audience to portray a made-up persona of herself? I think we can all agree the 'virgin doll' persona was fake and thus, the fake bedroom fits with the character.  

This is the same girl that pretended to speak fluent Japanese (and Cantonese if I'm not wrong) after all.

If she wanted to keep things private, then just be open about wanting to keep things private; instead we witness an entire spiel of the virgin doll in her bedroom showing us her sailor moon makeup in her totally perfect drawer arrangement. I mean she even admits later Rosie's house in the video was bought just for the video.

Hmm. Well ok that's a good question and you're making some good points, but I'm not sure if there is such a thing as a truly intimate self for public consumption. You know what I mean? Its like anytime we go out to 'present' ourselves to the world we put on a persona. If I were to take to vlogging about myself I would also shape the image into something I prefer people to see. I guess I think its unfair to assume the worst about someone just because they choose not to share something personal about themselves. As for her language skills its obvious she is not serious about becoming fluent in either Japanese nor Cantonese, which is a shame because I think she will kick herself for not doing so later. She's putting out a product which is herself and her 'life' but its a manufactured image, the whole thing is managed like a production, its obvious but I don't fault her with that perhaps because I feel its obvious that's what she's doing. If I were a teenager I could well imagine not having the critical imagination to see past what she wants viewers to think about her or her life. I mean look at Venus, have you ever seen her 'as herself' or get a feel for her life off camera at all? No. In that sense I think we see more of the real Taylor than we do of the real Venus. I think Taylor thinks of her vlogs as a mini reality show and we all know reality shows are completely managed in every way. Rosie's house is expensive between $200-260 but why not if it all adds to the overall image?  What are her topics anyway. Food, shopping, travel, dog, then more food, shopping and traveling. None of these superficial subjects needs anything 'real' from Taylor.  Its not like we want to hear her go on about anything of import. I've never heard her critique a book or a film, she doesn't talk about her friends and only minimally about her family. She doesn't discuss politics, she doesn't even discuss Japan from a social or cultural point of view. She's all Lush bombs and cup cake recipes. 

It would be one thing if her old "bedroom" was actually an office and that's just where she filmed, but instead she spent money and time making it into a fake bedroom to lie to her audience. And he owns her 'internet business', so there's that problem too.

LOL! You see that's where I disagree. I don't think its a lie, I think its an image and there's a difference. I will only accept it as a lie when everyone thinks of a fashion magazine spread as a lie, or a reality show as a lie and even then I would need someone to show me an 'image' of someone else that is in effect 'true'. Why would anyone put their real life on display on the internet on a daily basis? I'm not talking about taking footage of your cute dog or child saying something funny kind of thing, or the political rant or commentary kind of thing, I mean someone bearing their life and what they do and all the things that make up that life. Who does that? Its an unreal expectation. There are some of these gals who are totally neurotic if not crazy and they're the ones who usually drive drama on one level or another, Taylor isn't that.  Taylor is more like a 20 minute advertisement for shopping and food with herself as lifestyle celebrity and she's good enough to have a loyal following but I'm sure they don't look to her for anything important. 

Edited by Pebbles

Posted

lol that picture is her boyfriend's profile picture on facebook 

ghjkolko.thumb.png.88a83200fe062b6129a9dAnd the Strawberry's from Tay Lors FB Hahaa

Posted (edited)

I don't think it's that weird she had a bedroom. She obviously used it as a spare bedroom for when guests were visiting, she also used it as storage for her clothing and probably other things. People like to dress up their spare bedrooms so I don't think dressing up her spare bedroom like a set for her vlogs is drastically different to someone buying a bunch of pillows and hanging up some paintings in their spare room. That's essentially what she did anyway since she wasn't just tearing down all the decorations once her mum or Sharla visited. And her make-up desk, she probably also genuinely used that as well to keep it away from her actual bedroom, since she had the room. I honestly don't think she 'wasted' money on setting up a room that was pretty well used. 

Edited by sammy_98
i didn't actually do anything i'm just new to this and accidentally clicked it lol whoops

Posted

Having the extra room/office/filming space and keeping her own bedroom private is not the issue, it's the fact that she would get into the bed and film herself "waking up" in it. Also in one of her old videos she said "my boyfriends coming over" and then a few mins later the doorbell rings and she's like "oh my boyfriends here" and that is super deceiving. Also kinda weird, like did she make Elbow go out and ring his own doorbell? Lol

Posted

I'm sure she does whatever she wants as cuz Daddy pays the bills. I honestly find her videos talking about her spaces irritating. She's such a show off.
All I hope for is daddy to Cutt her of and repo her shit. Someone has too, I think She's nothing but a pretty face. That's why she lies so much and has to compansate so much for being a tallentless hack. 

Posted

Yeah I agree that it's a bit strange although I don't mind it all that much. Her vlogs were never all the natural feeling to me so I guess I just wasn't surprised to find out the extent to which she was willing to hide certain parts of her life. It is a funny image though I guess that's why her make-up was usually done too lol.

Posted

Does anyone know how old Elbow is? He started university in 2000, so if we assume he was 18 when he started, he should be around 35. I wouldn't have guessed that to be honest.

Posted

Does anyone know how old Elbow is? He started university in 2000, so if we assume he was 18 when he started, he should be around 35. I wouldn't have guessed that to be honest.

Have you checked Linkedin? Seems you know his name to search. I don't want to because it would show him I viewed his profile. 

Posted

Have you checked Linkedin? Seems you know his name to search. I don't want to because it would show him I viewed his profile. 

Yup, his age wasn't on the page strangely enough, just where he went to school and his companies. I didn't know it shows when you visit a page. Oh well.