Taylor and elbow-sans "relationship"

106 posts in this topic

Posted

I see that some of you think that their relationship isn't true love just because they act like two friends when for me it's the sign of being best couple.

I'm sick of these beauty gurus who shows their partners often, of course these people are young, pretty and constantly shows affection or other feelings to their s/o. So what - if your kiss isn't that perfect, you have to record it again? It always seems like accesorising to me. 

(Not everyone everytime ofc)

Taylor and her man at least behave in more mature way, what may be because of older partner. Their videos have this "everyday hanging out together" vibe instead of "look, that's my boyfriend, he is going to m a k e u p me!!!".

I would kill my br if he tried to be that fake overlyexcited.

Posted (edited)

I see that some of you think that their relationship isn't true love just because they act like two friends when for me it's the sign of being best couple.

I'm sick of these beauty gurus who shows their partners often, of course these people are young, pretty and constantly shows affection or other feelings to their s/o. So what - if your kiss isn't that perfect, you have to record it again? It always seems like accesorising to me. 

(Not everyone everytime ofc)

Taylor and her man at least behave in more mature way, what may be because of older partner. Their videos have this "everyday hanging out together" vibe instead of "look, that's my boyfriend, he is going to m a k e u p me!!!".

I would kill my br if he tried to be that fake overlyexcited.

But maybe she didn't show him too much because she didn't want people to find out who he is and about his connections 

I feel like she would be totally down for those kinds of videos if he wasn't her boss 

Edited by xohi
second part of my comment

Posted

where is the proof that he is/was her boss?

Posted

On his Facebook. 

Posted

It's not so much that he is her "boss" as it is that she's his client. He very openly owns a company she does work for/through. 

Posted

So he owns the modeling company?

Posted

No. If you really wanna know just google him, it's on lolcow. I don't want to get in trouble for posting too much about him on here.

Posted

Yeah, like the other user said it's not the modelling company. It's a different company she works for that she used to mention a lot.... once you hear what company it is, it'll all tie together. The info is all available on google! :alpacaheadshake:

Posted

Yeah, like the other user said it's not the modelling company. It's a different company she works for that she used to mention a lot.... once you hear what company it is, it'll all tie together. The info is all available on google! :alpacaheadshake:

Thanks! I got curious enough to trawl through a lolcow thread (wtf is my life) and found out what the company is.

I honestly don't see why their relationship is the source of so much scrutiny though? I mean, it's not like they work(ed?) closely together (boss/assistant type stuff) on a day to day basis. It seems like she's more of a freelancer for him. Plus, Taylor doesn't really have huge aspirations in life, it's not like she's using him to benefit her own career. People can sit and say "she's using him for his money" all day, but given she's from a upper class family and earned a fair amount modelling I don't see that being the case. I'm sure over time the financial stability caused her to become lazy, which is what most people on PULL criticize her of (myself included), but that doesn't mean she doesn't care about him. Hell, if I had a rich boyfriend I probably would coast a little bit too, but I just have bigger aspirations in life that I'd never give up on even if I found myself in her position. There are people who are generally "lost" in life who don't know what they want to be, it's just she's lucky enough to be able to afford a rich lifestyle while she figures that out.  

Back on topic though: I think they met, sparks flew and they fell in love *shrug*. Might be a controversial opinion, but there it is.  

Posted (edited)

Thanks! I got curious enough to trawl through a lolcow thread (wtf is my life) and found out what the company is.

I honestly don't see why their relationship is the source of so much scrutiny though? I mean, it's not like they work(ed?) closely together (boss/assistant type stuff) on a day to day basis. It seems like she's more of a freelancer for him. Plus, Taylor doesn't really have huge aspirations in life, it's not like she's using him to benefit her own career. People can sit and say "she's using him for his money" all day, but given she's from a upper class family and earned a fair amount modelling I don't see that being the case. I'm sure over time the financial stability caused her to become lazy, which is what most people on PULL criticize her of (myself included), but that doesn't mean she doesn't care about him. Hell, if I had a rich boyfriend I probably would coast a little bit too, but I just have bigger aspirations in life that I'd never give up on even if I found myself in her position. There are people who are generally "lost" in life who don't know what they want to be, it's just she's lucky enough to be able to afford a rich lifestyle while she figures that out.  

Back on topic though: I think they met, sparks flew and they fell in love *shrug*. Might be a controversial opinion, but there it is.  

I think you are greatly overestimating her income. For a model to earn a living wage, they would need steady work and some good campaigns. Excluding her youtube income, Taylor probably could have earned more working a regular full-time job at minimum wage by now. If you consider her spending habits and the fact that she has to pay off her agency's balance, it is highly unlikely she had any money left over even before Elbow-san came into the picture, although it sounds like they started living together several years ago.

The relationship between Taylor and Elbow-san could also be considered a conflict of interest, if Taylor receives work over other models. Elbow-san's participation in her youtube videos is not a problem, however. (I personally think he's funny and wish he made more appearances.) But if he continues to get all work for her through his own companies, it could end up backfiring and harming his own reputation among his peers.

Edited by CatCatCat

Posted

I think you are greatly overestimating her income. For a model to earn a living wage, they would need steady work and some good campaigns. Excluding her youtube income, Taylor probably could have earned more working a regular full-time job at minimum wage by now. If you consider her spending habits and the fact that she has to pay off her agency's balance, it is highly unlikely she had any money left over even before Elbow-san came into the picture, although it sounds like they started living together several years ago.

The relationship between Taylor and Elbow-san could also be considered a conflict of interest, if Taylor receives work over other models. Elbow-san's participation in her youtube videos is not a problem, however. (I personally think he's funny and wish he made more appearances.) But if he continues to get all work for her through his own companies, it could end up backfiring and harming his own reputation among his peers.

My theory of her timeline is she moved to HK to find herself/become a model on her parents dime. Since she probably wasn't paying for her living expenses all her wages from her time modelling there (which was regular) would have been stockpiled.  There in Hong Kong she met, worked with and entered a relationship with her boyfriend.

At the height of her fame/popularity in HK she was exposed to the kawaii lolita doll whatever fashion trend in Japan (through Dakota Rose probably) and jumped on that chance to market herself as a model there. She moved to Japan with boyfriend, who was now covering living expenses leaving her own cash to be channeled into her own pursuits of becoming a kawaii icon. She did a string of modelling in Japan for a while, was trying to brand herself, before realizing that modelling just wasn't fulfilling her anymore and began posting vlogs on YouTube regularly. 

To conclude, I don't think Taylor pays a penny for her rent/bills/food/insurance - I think parents and boyfriend have covered that for her leaving every bit of her own money to spend on what she wishes. 

I don't think her boyfriend is relying on her in anyway to boost his company's profile (I'm only aware of one company, though I've heard there are multiple?) and if he IS over relying on her then she could still just be considered a freelancer. From the blog I found of hers on one of his company's websites she barely posts so it's not like she's consistently working for his company. I honestly think she doesn't give a crap about modelling anymore anyway, so I doubt it'll end up backfiring. 

Posted

To conclude, I don't think Taylor pays a penny for her rent/bills/food/insurance - I think parents and boyfriend have covered that for her leaving every bit of her own money to spend on what she wishes.

I agree with you that her parents probably took care of her basic living expenses before Elbow-san but even in that case, I don't think her model salary could have covered her luxury items and other shopping expenses. 

I don't think her boyfriend is relying on her in anyway to boost his company's profile (I'm only aware of one company, though I've heard there are multiple?) and if he IS over relying on her then she could still just be considered a freelancer. From the blog I found of hers on one of his company's websites she barely posts so it's not like she's consistently working for his company. I honestly think she doesn't give a crap about modelling anymore anyway, so I doubt it'll end up backfiring. 

I don't think her boyfriend is relying on her at all. She is relying on him. But if he is giving her work that should go to other people, that is a conflict of interest. Since he is the boss and the jobs haven't been particularly significant, it's unlikely he will get in trouble legally or financially, but it could hurt his reputation among his peers. Men in his position usually have partners who are equally ambitious or at least somewhat successful in their own way. She's a sweet girl, but she doesn't have the education, intellect or even street smarts that's usually expected of partners of company presidents. Young women like her usually take on the role of a mistress, although in this case it seems like Elbow-san genuinely cares for Taylor and considers her a true girlfriend.

Posted

I agree with you that her parents probably took care of her basic living expenses before Elbow-san but even in that case, I don't think her model salary could have covered her luxury items and other shopping expenses. 

I don't think her boyfriend is relying on her at all. She is relying on him. But if he is giving her work that should go to other people, that is a conflict of interest. Since he is the boss and the jobs haven't been particularly significant, it's unlikely he will get in trouble legally or financially, but it could hurt his reputation among his peers. Men in his position usually have partners who are equally ambitious or at least somewhat successful in their own way. She's a sweet girl, but she doesn't have the education, intellect or even street smarts that's usually expected of partners of company presidents. Young women like her usually take on the role of a mistress, although in this case it seems like Elbow-san genuinely cares for Taylor and considers her a true girlfriend.

I think for both of your points it comes down to: who knows? We'll never know exact figures of her modeling career nor will we know if he's using her over other models. She might have snagged some freebie outfits/accessories from her modeling career?

I understand completely the conflict of interest point you're making, but we can only guess at this point. I still think she's not modeling enough these days anyway, so even if it was a problem in the past chances are it may not be now. But alas, who knows? 

Posted

I think for both of your points it comes down to: who knows? We'll never know exact figures of her modeling career nor will we know if he's using her over other models. She might have snagged some freebie outfits/accessories from her modeling career?

I understand completely the conflict of interest point you're making, but we can only guess at this point. I still think she's not modeling enough these days anyway, so even if it was a problem in the past chances are it may not be now. But alas, who knows? 

Pretty much every model gets free stuff lol, it won't be because she's dating the boss

Posted

Pretty much every model gets free stuff lol, it won't be because she's dating the boss

Yeah I get that, but reading back on my post I can see how it looked like I was inferring she got freebies because of him. My bad. Typed that post on my phone in the morning so wasn't quite "with it" yet, hah.