Taylor and elbow-sans "relationship"

128 posts in this topic

Posted

I couldn't agree more. I'd say she fits even more since he's an Asian man and basically that's how an ideal wife is supposed to be - taking care of you and the family. I know it's stereotypical but i feel like in Asia beautiful girl marrying an (under)average-looking rich guy is not seen so down upon as in the West, and people are not so judgmental about it, like girls usually openly ask guys about their income on a first date (at least in Korea, not sure about China tho?).

In China too.

Posted

why "relationship" not relationship? are you implying it doesn't exist? because it does. it is a relationship no matter what you think about it or the kind of the relationship.  

Yes but using one only for money is an abusive relationship and should be ended quickly. That is if she is using elbow-san for their money and she has been showing signs of this behavior a lot lately. 

On a side note: don't know why it didn't hit me till now but the -san thing is formal. Not so sure in public but most relationships usually switch over to -kun or -chan or ハニー (honey). I don't know why but she doesn't seem the type to not gush over a relationship that she is in completely. Maybe it's a far reach but could she not really want to be with him forever? Again what's on camera may be different then off. 

Posted

Maybe it's because the fans are calling him -san? He's not -kun to us and as she's Canadian and he's from HK, I can't see why she'd use a Japanese term of endearment towards him such as ハニー? She calls him babe which is pretty standard in the west

Posted

Yes but using one only for money is an abusive relationship and should be ended quickly. That is if she is using elbow-san for their money and she has been showing signs of this behavior a lot lately. 

On a side note: don't know why it didn't hit me till now but the -san thing is formal. Not so sure in public but most relationships usually switch over to -kun or -chan or ハニー (honey). I don't know why but she doesn't seem the type to not gush over a relationship that she is in completely. Maybe it's a far reach but could she not really want to be with him forever? Again what's on camera may be different then off. 

I have the same feeling... She doesn't seem to be that involved...

Posted

Question, how do you guys know that Elbow-san is rich?

Posted

I guess for the most part it's speculation since Taylor lives a very expensive lifestyle, and it is very unlikely that she can afford everything just from her modelling career and Youtube.

Posted

Since his identity has been revealed, it's pretty obvious. He owns several companies. Not sure if I'm allowed to write his real name here tho.

Posted

Since his identity has been revealed, it's pretty obvious. He owns several companies. Not sure if I'm allowed to write his real name here tho.

And yeah, we can't reveal his personal information like that on PULL.

Most of the time its because Taylor doesnt do much modelling anymore so we questioned how her pretty expensive lifestyle is possible and once elbow san came into her youtube vids, we all could see that it must be him funding much of her lifestyle. 

Posted

I think you mean ダーリン darling. Most Japanese aren't even aware that "honey" can even be used to describe a male partner. Not sure how the misconception started but many believe male partners are called "darling" in English-speaking countries, and calling your partner "darling" in Japan would only be used as a joke.  "-kun" isn't something you would use when you're an adult, unless you're a senior employee referring to a younger employee (and you can use it for either gender in that case). Some people do use a shortened version of a first name + "-chan," but simply calling someone by their first name can be considered endearing or suggest a closeness.

Some people (old people) do call their spouses "-san" and using "-san" when talking about your partner with others is not that unusual. So Taylor using Elbow-san is perfectly fine. She's not a Japanese-speaker anyway, so it doesn't seem fair to expect her to understand Japanese terms of endearment.

I'm very curious where you got the impression that Japanese people use ハニー and would love it if you would share.

Posted

I believe Elbow-San makes good money but I also think people underestimate how much money Taylor makes from YouTube. I use to have a small channel and i found that whenever I looked at my channel on socialblade, my actual income was always right inbetween their lowest and highest estimate for my channel. If you do the same thing for Taylor's channel on socialblade her monthly income would be around $10,000. 

Posted

I believe Elbow-San makes good money but I also think people underestimate how much money Taylor makes from YouTube. I use to have a small channel and i found that whenever I looked at my channel on socialblade, my actual income was always right inbetween their lowest and highest estimate for my channel. If you do the same thing for Taylor's channel on socialblade her monthly income would be around $10,000. 

Wow, almost half her monthly phone bill.

hqdefault.jpg

Posted (edited)

Can we please talk about how Taylor lied about her old apartment and living situation? All while hiding her relationship from viewers.

She lived with Elbow-san while living there and staged the whole bedroom to make it seem like she didn't have a boyfriend. Whenever Sharla was over she would sleep in that room...so where would Taylor sleep? Definitely not on the couch. That apartment had a master bedroom that went unseen.

Edited by girlblunder

Posted

Can we please talk about how Taylor lied about her old apartment and living situation? All while hiding her relationship from viewers.

She lived with Elbow-san while living there and staged the whole bedroom to make it seem like she didn't have a boyfriend. Whenever Sharla was over she would sleep in that room...so where would Taylor sleep? Definitely not on the couch. That apartment had a master bedroom that went unseen.

Out of curiosity what makes you think that? I didn't start watching her videos until after she moved to the house but out of the few older videos I watched I always thought her room looked very unlived in. Then the other day I started thinking that it probably was just a room to film in and she had a different room she shared with Elbow-San.